Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Well done @chasidee, that's an amzing loss so far.

@Rachel - 6 miles! You're so good, you're always so positive and manage to turn things around.

@Janet, I know it's amazing isn't it, when I was working from home I was lucky to be doing around 4k steps a day. It's not much better being sat in an office all day but at least I have a 10 min walk to and from the car park each way, and I always go for a walk at lunch. Well done you for getting on the cross trainer and getting those steps up.

Well, I've had two positives - firstly, I've been keeping an eye on my weight over the last few months despite not actually eating too well, and i'd settled at around 165lb which was 6lb higher than my last recorded weight. I wasn't happy about that, but it wasn't the end of the world. However when I weighed myself the other day i'd suddenly jumped up even further to 169lb, so this is the weight I begrudgingly recorded in MFP yesterday. Today I got on the scales and i'm back down to 165lb.....so it would seem maybe my weight the other day was just a 'bad day', or possibly water retention, who knows. I'll weigh myself again tomorrow and record whatever that says, but right now it looks like i've had a 4lb loss this week!

I also went back to RC last night and i'm really glad for it as I enjoyed it immensely. They've just taken in a new beginners group and it was quite amazing to see how far we've progressed. Watching others struggle to run for 2 mins and stopping to walk up hills etc was an eye opener, as not too many moons ago that was us, and now we're the ones at the front and the newbies are making comments about how they don't know how we managed to run up that hill etc. It felt good to be reminded of how far we've come. It was also nice to be able to motivate the new group and tell them that not so long ago I was exactly where they are now, to keep at it and they'll see vast improvements. A good session all round. :smiley:
  • HappyHannah0304
    HappyHannah0304 Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hey! I'd love to be a part of this! I'm always looking to connect with motivational people!!!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    welcome @HappyHannah0304 - come back often and talk, we're a good bunch!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Welcome @HappyHannah, keep posting!

@CariTJR You are a rockstar! It definitely sounds like the 169lb day was a bloat day, but what a great initial drop to spur on the motivation! It's so cool that you are now a RC veteran and rocking those hills!

@janetay01 I barely get any steps in at home either, great job fitting in a workout to bump that number back up!

Really enjoying getting back into my routine after all the craziness of the last two weeks. Curling up with my book and the dog last night at home was pure bliss. I'm actually looking forward to the ND car ride for some serious reading and down time! The introvert in me is in need of a serious refresh! I've also been going veggie crazy and it's been glorious!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @jkhoffe Welcome back to the swing of it! The board has definitely been quiet lately so you're not the only one! I'm pretty boring with breakfast. My favorite are the overnight oat recipes, or oatmeal with protein powder and fruit. I've been getting into avocado toast as a midmorning snack, pair it with a string cheese for carbs, protein, and fat :)
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,315 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Becky. This looks like a great group and I'd love to hang out with you! I'm pretty new here and I'm hoping to get to know some people on MFP.

@jkhoffe I recently made my own version of Egg McMuffins and then froze them. I baked the eggs in a muffin tin (still ended up cutting them to make them fit the english muffin), and added cheese and Canadian bacon. I also did some with no meat. I think they taste fine after being frozen. The egg doesn't reheat as fast as the rest of it, though, so I recommend thawing the egg separately first.
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hey friends! Sounds like everyone is having a good week. :) I love it that we all have our ups and downs (I'm currently in a DOWN!), but we all continue to keep trying!
    Chasidee - HOLY KITTENS! that is an awesome loss for 2 months! You go girl, keep doing what you are doing! You must feel great!
    Jen - not sure about breakfast, I'm in a cooking slump at the moment. Not inspired by much! might be the heat or just the end of the school year? Breakfast I usually eat porridge (oatmeal or cream of wheat) at my desk. Or sometimes a tortilla with peanut butter rolled around a banana. I was doing the smoothies, but the blender broke and I haven't gotten out to get another one yet.
    I think lately I'm just feeling a little bit off. The schedule is crazy and my routine is out the window. I gave my son my backpack so he could cycle to school, so now I'm driving because I haven't had time to get myself another backpack!
    I almost called in sick for a mental health day yesterday, but Tuesday I was in a meeting and the bosses were talking about how so many people are taking sick days and abusing the system! LOL!!! So there went that idea!
    We are going camping tomorrow for Father's Day weekend, so I will be able to bike and hike, which will be good!
    I may have to up my calories too, Cari - I just haven't been burning as many as usual, so I'm constantly going over, and then I don't track because I'm over! vicious cycle!
    Rachel, good job tracking even though you were away and going over - I admire that!
    And Karen, did you get tickets to Hamilton on Broadway? How awesome is THAT!!!??? Woo hoooo!
    Have a good weekend, everyone!
  • rebecca_9090
    rebecca_9090 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I have tried dieting so many times and fail within the first 2 weeks. I have no will power. I'm going to try so hard this time though, I am so determined to stick to it. Honestly I can't fail again. I will be so dissapointed in myself. I think i need to log in and post daily to try and motivate myself. Starting day 1 tomorrow wish me luck! I have weighed a healthy 8 stone 7 lbs for the last few years (give or take a few lbs from time to time) but i have never strayed anymore than 5lbs from this. I weighed myself yesterday for the first time in a year ( I can't even bring myself to go near scales) and I am 10 stone exactly. I am so disugusted with myself I have put on 20lbs in a year! I am 24 years old, I have never had kids and really i should be in the best shape of my life. I'm only 5ft 2" Sso I'm short and the weight is so noticeable :( i just feel so depressed. I am giving myself 12 weeks to try and lose this weight although if i get anywhere near close to it I'll be delighted!
  • CariTJR
    Options
    @Rebecca - Don't be so down on yourself, i'm only 5'3 and I weigh nearly 2 stone more than you! At least you're only just over the line into 'overweight' i've got a long way to go to get where you are. We all struggle for different reasons, but don't be too restrictive with yourself, try and lose the weight at a sensible pace, you'll get there.

Well I weighed myself again today, 3lb gone, which is good considering i'm still struggling with the eating side of things, better luck next week sticking to it, i'll get myself there in the end. One step at a time...

It's Friday everyone! Hope you all have great weekends. :smiley:
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Morning all. I have 25 post to catch up on. But can't right now. Today is my dads memorial service. I have gotten in 2 days at the gym this week. Trying to remember me. But it is so hard. I will check in again when this is all I've.
    Thanks to everyone for your kind words and support.
    Nichole
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 Summer is the hardest time for me as well (ironic since it's the only time of year Minnesota weather is decent). Since everyone is getting married/having parties/going on vacation I feel like it's a constant battle to keep on routine and keep motivated. Sounds like you might need a trip to target to splurge on some new motivational fitness gear!

@Rebecca_9090 I feel like you're being really hard on yourself! It's human to overindulge and gain weight, that's why we're all here. Are you maybe being overly restrictive with yourself which is why it's hard to sustain your diet plan? I would re-evaluate if what you're doing right now will be sustainable for the upcoming months/years/lifetime. It has to be livable to work, and if you're quitting after 2 weeks that doesn't sound like it's very livable or enjoyable!

@CariTJR I hope you're doing a happy dance over those 3 pounds, you are such a rockstar!!!! To quote Tony the Tiger, "They're not good, they're great!"

@ngolden3320 I am so sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine what it is like to go through losing a parent. We are here for you whenever you need us. Do whatever you need to do to take care of you!

@jkhoffe A whole week kid free?!? What are you going to do with yourselves? I hope your OH takes you on a fantastic date ;)

HAPPY FRIDAY!!! My SO and I are headed to an out of town wedding, so another food fueled weekend is about to commence. Honestly, after vacation I'm so sick of overindulging I actually don't think I'll do too bad this weekend, but I guess we'll see how it plays out. Hope you all have fantastic, healthy weekends!

• danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    49f86cpe4aji.jpeg
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    5u0xz28gsx25.jpeg
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    ah Monday morning and a desperate quest to get back on the wagon after a complete fail of a weekend! Don't get me wrong, it was a nice one but it didn't hit many targets for healthy eating and weight loss (the box of Lindt Chocolate Orange balls purchased for my husband on behalf of my little boy - Fathers Day :) - did not help!!!

But anyway, back on the horse today. @Rachel0778 - hope the weekend and the wedding was good.

ngolden3220 - hope the memorial service went as well as is possible for these things to go. Take care of yourself.

@caritjr - great loss, well done!
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    Good Morning All. Memorial service was beautiful. Yesterday was hard since it was Fathers Day. I am back at work this morning. There is so much to do. ugh! But first things first I had to catch up with all of MFP friends. Going to try to get back in the gym on a regular basis this week. I have to finish getting my dads apartment cleaned out and talk to a Probate attorney all that and Jenna's graduation party is on July 2. Wish me luck.

It looks like everyone is doing a great job. Welcome newbies. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Happy Monday. BOO HISS. :#
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Well Saturday is the big race! (Color me Rad) My profile pic was from last years race. I love the "Fun" races, My motto is "If it isn't fun?! Then why do it?" It's at a new location this year and I hear there is a killer hill! eek, wish me luck! p.s my Daughter is running the race with me she is 10 years old. I'll post pic's of us later on. Happy Monday everyone!
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,315 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday to you all! I actually did well over the weekend, but generally the routine of the work week makes it so much easier to stay on track! I finished a 2-week challenge to myself to not eat sweets (not all sugar, just desserts and baked goods). It paid off on the scale big time, so tonight I'll figure out what my plan is and I'm thinking I might add another week or two of the same, but with a couple of additional exceptions.

@ngolden3320 I'm so sorry for your loss, and so close to Father's Day. Saying a prayer for you and your family, and for extra strength as you're having to take care of all of the details.

@JenHul Good luck with your race (and that hill)!!! I've never gotten into running myself, but there's something infectious about runners who are excited for a race...I love it!
  • CariTJR
    Options
    Urgh, rubbish weekend again, and it's not helping that the Euro 2016 football tournament is on, because all anyone wants to do right now is go down the pub to watch the games and eat junk. I'm failing miserably :(

Nichole - so glad the service went well, it's terribly hard, I really do feel your pain right now. My brother has been given 1 week (this week!) to clear my Mums house and move, so i've been trying to help him but it's so emotional, there are so many things we want to keep but we literally have nowhere to put them. It's going to be a very tough week for us.

@JenHul - good luck with your race!

@bobsburgersfan - I'm with you, i've said so many times I find it so much easier to stick to my goals during the week, the working day gives me much more structure and routine, at the weekends it all just flies out the window!

Well, we've got a 5k handicap race at RC tomorrow night, lets see how I get one with this....

Keep it up everyone!
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    Well I made it thought work yesterday and then stopped at my moms. That was a fiasco. I really think it is time to put her in an assisted living home. She was out walking the dog and didn't feel well. some guy offered to help walk her home they started talking and next thing you know he took her car keys and stole her car. WTF. We made out a police report and a little later the cop called and said that they recovered her car. We go to pick up her car 3 girls were arrested and charged with receiving stolen property and drugs. When we look in the car there is all kinds of crap that is theirs and drugs. Are you freaking kidding me. Called the cops again and they come to recover the drugs an say that on the street it is quite a lot. Now I worried sick about them knowing where my mom lives. On the plus side they also arrested the guy. Give him the needle for all I care. I just thank God he didn't rape or kill her. And I know they say God never gives you more than you can handle but I'm pretty sure I have just about reached my limit. My life is literally a Lifetime Movie as the moment, anyone want to buy the rights, I could sure use the money?