SABOTAGE

Options

Replies

• samwiserabbit
    samwiserabbit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    (I can't be the only one with Rage Against the Machine in my head right now.)

Beastie Boys?

Jeeze you're fast! How embarrassing!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Last time i checked, no one was slipping ghee into my dinner while i wasnt looking, so no one.

Haha that's what hubby does to me. He doesn't have to watch his weight, so he makes sure to put extra globs of butter or oil in the dishes if he cooks, he puts twice as much on my plate as he does his. I had a fruit salad sitting in the fridge, he decides to sprinkle sugar all over it. I go to bed early to watch tv, one of the reasons being so I'm not tempted to snack.. Who comes in with a plate of yummy tidbits, yep, my husband!!

He doesn't want me fat, pudgy or overweight or anything like that, he just does not want me to lose one more ounce, and prefers me at the normal weight i am now, and to be honest I'm not fussed if i lose any more either, even though I've got more 4ish more lbs to goal weight.
  • SurfCityBeachGuy
    SurfCityBeachGuy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Last time i checked, no one was slipping ghee into my dinner while i wasnt looking, so no one.

You mean no one has ever offered you a piece of cake, cookies or a candy bar ? Desserts, Ice Cream or Fattening Foods ?

That's not sabotage. That's life. Sabotage implies someone is out to get you or trip you up.

If i want cake, candy, cookies, dessert or any of those things, i make it fit my day. If I'm offered, i consider if i want it and make a mature decision.

Correction. That's not sabotage. That's being polite. I'm not pissed at the people who offer me cake, cookies, or a candy bar, I'm pissed at the people who don't! In the immortal words of Stephanie Tanner, "How Rude!".

OP you seem to be under the impression that you can't eat sweets and lose weight. Many of us here achieved our goals and are maintaining eating sweets every day...
    WinoGelato wrote: »

You mean no one has ever offered you a piece of cake, cookies or a candy bar ? Desserts, Ice Cream or Fattening Foods ?

That's not sabotage. That's life. Sabotage implies someone is out to get you or trip you up.

If i want cake, candy, cookies, dessert or any of those things, i make it fit my day. If I'm offered, i consider if i want it and make a mature decision.

Correction. That's not sabotage. That's being polite. I'm not pissed at the people who offer me cake, cookies, or a candy bar, I'm pissed at the people who don't! In the immortal words of Stephanie Tanner, "How Rude!".

OP you seem to be under the impression that you can't eat sweets and lose weight. Many of us here achieved our goals and are maintaining eating sweets every day...

I Drink Red wine & i eat dark chocolate on occassion. Thank you for your response ! You look great !
  • SurfCityBeachGuy
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Who is trying to Sabotage your Diet ? Is it Family or a Friend ?
    Is anyone giving you food claiming it's healthy when's it's not? That would be sabotage. Offering you foods they like to eat isn't sabotage.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Yes, That makes sense. Dr. Phil calls it Sabotage in his book
  • SurfCityBeachGuy
    Options
    And I eat whatever I want, If my kid brought me a kitkat, i'm going to eat the damn kitkat if I have it in my calories to eat it, which a lot of the time I do. It's not what you eat, it's how much, I know Vegans who are over weight.

Yes, That makes sense, if you have it in your calories
  • SurfCityBeachGuy
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I sabotage myself 100%. Granted, the vendors that bring all of the bagels, pastries, candy, etc. don't help but they don't shovel the stuff into my mouth, either.

Stay Strong ! Eat only Healthy Foods.

Nah. Eating mostly healthy foods is just fine. I'm down 60+ pounds, at a healthy weight, and now in weight-maintenance mode. Today I had 11 servings of fruit and vegetables, plenty of (vegetarian) protein, some healthy fats . . . plus chocolate ice cream, and a glass of wine. All within my calorie goal.

Not that chocolate ice cream and wine are not healthy foods. They are, in moderation.

Down 60 pounds is great. Congrats ! I will catch up with you in time.
  • SurfCityBeachGuy
    Options

Haha that's what hubby does to me. He doesn't have to watch his weight, so he makes sure to put extra globs of butter or oil in the dishes if he cooks, he puts twice as much on my plate as he does his. I had a fruit salad sitting in the fridge, he decides to sprinkle sugar all over it. I go to bed early to watch tv, one of the reasons being so I'm not tempted to snack.. Who comes in with a plate of yummy tidbits, yep, my husband!!

He doesn't want me fat, pudgy or overweight or anything like that, he just does not want me to lose one more ounce, and prefers me at the normal weight i am now, and to be honest I'm not fussed if i lose any more either, even though I've got more 4ish more lbs to goal weight.

Hi Christine ! (Thats my Wifes name) They say people that weigh less tend to live longer lives. Tell your husband that to much butter or Fat is not good for the Heart. They say Sugar is really not Good for your Health either. Im going to give you a Tip. Drink Red Wine ! Specifically Tannat Red wine from France, Italy or Spain region. Its Super High in Polyphenols which are great for your overall Health. Its the most Potent Healthy Red wine in the world. Theres lots of research on this. I can send you some info on this if you like. You guys live in a great place ! Hope i can see it someday. Good luck on your remaining 4 pound goal.
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am my own strong woman and I choose what I eat. I won't allow anyone to be a saboteur to my awesome health journey.

Here's to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!! *raises my mug of peppermint tea*
  • SurfCityBeachGuy
    Options
    I am my own strong woman and I choose what I eat. I won't allow anyone to be a saboteur to my awesome health journey.

Here's to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!! *raises my mug of peppermint tea*

Good for you ! That is a Great attitude ! You are a Strong person... We can do this !
  • DarthJader89
    DarthJader89 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My family, they're all big overeaters. Not obese but most are overweight. But they think I'm ridiculous because I log on here and am dedicated so they try to get me to eat more or out extra butter in while cooking when I come over
  • wandajnevills
    wandajnevills Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Everyone everywhere! Family, friends, co-workers, and they all know how much I love cake! Resisting temptation is hard for me. I basically have to run away from where the treats are. :)
  • mukundranganathan
    mukundranganathan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I try to replace with organic or healthy food and not reduce the food altogether. A few times I do give in to Pizzas but overall I have started to eat healthier now. With MFP I'm planning to reduce atleast 10kgs so lets see where this takes me... :-)
  • wandajnevills
    wandajnevills Posts: 56 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Confidence and accountability are great, but some of these comments are just plain smug and condescending. By sabotage we are generally thinking of those people who *know* that we really struggle with eating healthy and resisting temptation (yes, some of us genuinely struggle with it in serious way) but they constantly go out of their way to temp us with "oh just try it, just one bite, look at it, smell it, it smells amazing, its so delicious, I made it myself you have to try it," etc. For some of us it takes an incredibly huge effort to resist in the first place, where with others it just doesn't take that much effort.