• distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    MyCollage_5_zps35f33c45.png
    Ok, I couldn't resist. Here's mine.

rB7DMEb.jpg
    nz_deevaa wrote: »
    9863756483_fae8d23655_z.jpg

I haven't gotten through all the amazing pages of this thread yet, but these are my favorites so far! Can't believe I've been on this site so long and only just finding this!
  • Dizzimoo77
    Dizzimoo77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    h9vEICyl.jpg

kLEVEtHl.jpg

S5fj2lMl.jpg

Me, my daughter and a trek

All the inspiration I need is here in these pictures ♡
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    LorinaLynn wrote: »
    This might go over like a lead balloon, but I was frustrated as hell at doctors who only said what kind of limits I had and what I should avoid, rather than how to fix my problems.

atheist_zps992c977a.jpg

And the pic was taken after running 5 miles at 19°F.

Love love love this!!! <3
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    S5fj2lMl.jpg

Me, my daughter and a trek

As a mountain climber, this is absolutely one of my favorites. It literally sent chills of excitement down my spine when I saw it. Thanks, EZ!

• liftingwateringcan
    liftingwateringcan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    <3 this thread!!
  • RebekahDFoster
    RebekahDFoster Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This helps
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    fitspo3_zps912c9c13.jpg

I've been wanting to begin lifting. I just don't know where to begin, and/or what to begin with.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    fitspo3_zps912c9c13.jpg

I've been wanting to begin lifting. I just don't know where to begin, and/or what to begin with.

@teresamarie46
    A LOT of women love the book New Rules of Lifting for Women. It covers a lot of information and can help you get started. If you have the funds, another option is to get some help from a personal trainer. If you don't, google and youtube are also great sources for tips on proper form and mechanics.

There is also a great forum on here http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/10118-eat-train-progress that has a wealth of information.

The biggest tips... feel free to start slow. You don't have to go crazy right from the start. Add as you go. Get comfortable. Don't worry about your "numbers" - do the weight that is comfortable, and yet challenging. And before you challenge yourself too much - make sure your form is good.

My best learning came from taking a video of my form from different angles and then asking my MFP friends for tips. :smile:

GOOD LUCK! You've got this!
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    fitspo3_zps912c9c13.jpg

@teresamarie46
    A LOT of women love the book New Rules of Lifting for Women. It covers a lot of information and can help you get started. If you have the funds, another option is to get some help from a personal trainer. If you don't, google and youtube are also great sources for tips on proper form and mechanics.

There is also a great forum on here http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/10118-eat-train-progress that has a wealth of information.

The biggest tips... feel free to start slow. You don't have to go crazy right from the start. Add as you go. Get comfortable. Don't worry about your "numbers" - do the weight that is comfortable, and yet challenging. And before you challenge yourself too much - make sure your form is good.

My best learning came from taking a video of my form from different angles and then asking my MFP friends for tips. :smile:

GOOD LUCK! You've got this!

Thank you so much. I do have that same book. I'll see about a personal trainer to get me started, then eventually I can go solo.
  • AshleighFowler1
    AshleighFowler1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    fitspo3_zps912c9c13.jpg

• cheers2012
    cheers2012 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @MireyGal76 You are an inspiration to me and an awesome role model for your girls. They will grow up learning healthy living is fun and just how you live. Great mom! :smiley:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    cheers2012 wrote: »
    @MireyGal76 You are an inspiration to me and an awesome role model for your girls. They will grow up learning healthy living is fun and just how you live. Great mom! :smiley:

@cheers2012. Thank you so very much for these kind words! I am trying so hard to set the right example for my kids - active is great! Healthy living IS fun! I want it to be their normal ☺
  • TwitchyMC
    TwitchyMC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love this thread. Building up the courage to post my own pic!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    TwitchyMC wrote: »
    Love this thread. Building up the courage to post my own pic!

Go for it! You never know who you might inspire!
  • bslclay
    bslclay Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump