Like Minded Lushes July 2011

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
Hello and welcome to the thread that acknowledges alcohol. smiley-eatdrink060.gifWe like it.
Most of us drink it. We struggle with the effect it has on our weight loss. We support each other when we strive to control it. We support each other when we fail to control it.

This is a support zone. Not a judging zone.

So now that summer is truly here we all seem to have some struggles ahead of us. for those of us in the States this weekend tends to be BBQ crazy and that tends to involve alcohol. I will be struggling but I think I am ready to really start to kick in gear next week.:wink:
13.gif

I will trying to keep it lo cal in the mean time.

For those of you new to our thread, welcome! You can check ou the last thread here.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/272214-like-minded-lushes-june-2011

Replies

• Lstrhi
    Lstrhi Posts: 132
    Options
    i love this :)
    i'm going out tonight to a show and i'll be drinking but i'm gonna stick to vodka and diet. hope everyone else has a good weekend!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Hey lushes!!

Monday=0
    Tuesday=3
    Wednesday=3
    Thursday=2
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 5 Sam Adams
    Thursday, 8 glasses of wine

I am thinking that's it for the week. It's my weekend to work.

Happy 4th to all my fellow Americans...
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sunday=1/2 bottle of champagne
    Monday=0 drinks
    Tuesday=2 drinks
    Wednesday=5 beers
    Thursday=1 rum and ginger ale
    Friday, not sure, going out to dinner so maybe some wine.
    I don't really have any big plans for the 4th of July. We'll probably go to the lacross game to watch the fireworks.
    Have a great weekend, fellow lushes!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Bottle of wine last night. Date night tonight so I'll have wine out or maybe some beer. Either way it'll be a good night. Having friends over for the weekend the way we did last year. We woke up and did a power hour before noon :noway: Not sure I want to drink as much as we did last year but we'll see what happens!

In case I don't log on, have a wonderful holiday weekend all! :drinker:
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Hello Lushes! We leave for Alabama in the morning so drinks tonight at home and tomorrow night at the hotel and then ??? if anymore for the week while at the relatives. :sad: You all lush it up for me over the holiday weekend!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hi lushes, wishing you all a happy holiday weekend :drinker:
  • darlingdynamo
    Options
    I'm not a huge drinker but I do love some tequila! (by some I mean lots)

But he's kind of like a lifetime boyfriend... Tequila says he loves me and then I wake up the next morning wishing I'd never met him.

Wishing you all healthy luck this weekend!

xoxo
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Happy holiday weekend lushes!! :drinker:
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    OMG YAY! I'm so glad I bumped into this thread! I'm a complete and total lush and while I've been fairly successful at keeping my weekday drinking down in my whole effort to lose weight, I'm definitely going way over my calorie allotment for the weekends, thanks to my good pal, booze. Hoping to keep it under control (haha or at least say I'm going to) for this holiday weekend. Already have plans at an eat-in/drink-serving movie theater tonight though so we'll see....

So far this week:
    Mon= 0 drinks
    Tues= 2 vodka sodas and 1 bloody mary (my drink of choice- not a fan of the sugary stuff)
    Wed= 3 huge glasses of sangria
    Thurs= 1 glass of wine
    Today......who knows?

Have a fun 4th everyone!
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Me me me! Lemmie in, lemmie in! Cider is my numero uno weakness-o.
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    Hope all of my fellow booze-hounds have a fantastic, but safe, holiday!! :drinker:

I don't have any big plans yet because I thought I might be stuck at the office... But leaving early today (NOW) and I'm going to get started celebrating by myself! :glasses:

REMEMBER: NO DRUNK TEXTING.... POST IT HERE! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • girlontheseesaw
    Options
    July already! June was but a blur ....

Lushy weekend coming up. BBQ tomorrow but followed by a long bike ride on Sunday, so I'd best not get too wasted :smile:
  • girlontheseesaw
    Options
    Oh, BTW, being in the UK, July 4 doesn't bring us a holiday, but I am giving a nod with some all-American chocolate peanut butter cupcakes (baking tomorrow). Should put on a few lbs I don't need :laugh:
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Tueday - 0
    Wednesday - 2 glasses of wine
    Thursday - 1glass of wine
    Friday - more than likely a bottle tonight.

Happy 4th lushies!
  • SavageDem
    SavageDem Posts: 3
    Options
    Luscious Lushes, I'm glad you're not judging! It's such a sad thing when I'm at my calorie limit for the day, but still would like to have a delicious ale to wind down the evening. It *is* a fine motivating factor to go for a half-hour walk in the evening or a run in the morning to "pad" the calorie limit a bit...

To my U.S. pals, have a safe and happy 4th of July holiday, and to my friends in foreign lands, have a wonderful weekend!
  • aadams05
    aadams05 Posts: 20
    Options
    I love this thread!!! Im celebrating the 4th here in the UK and will be having some cocktails this weekend starting tonite with some lo cal beer. Ill make up for it tomorrow with some extra gym time. cheers:drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!!! Im celebrating the 4th here in the UK and will be having some cocktails this weekend starting tonite with some lo cal beer. Ill make up for it tomorrow with some extra gym time. cheers:drinker:
    Do you celebrate being free of us?:laugh: that is funny...
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Planning on maybe drink driving on dodgem cars tonight at the local show. :laugh:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm having a mini holiday weekend, even though I'm in UK I've got Monday off work as my son's school have decided to have a training day, great timing after the school was closed yesterday due to a strike.

Oh and no alcohol for me tonight, seriously? on a Friday? :noway: something's gotta be wrong and I had 800 spare calories.