Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Got my mile to 15 min 36 sec, I haven't done anything under 17/18ish ever in my life. However I'm totally feeling myself slipping into my lazy routines and wanting to skip working out. Trying to keep optimistic and moving forward.

I did break my plateau i've been struggling with for 6 weeks also! I started seeing the toning about two weeks before the scale finally moved which was exciting!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Well ladies, I was off the board since Friday and I was so shocked to read what is going on! The funny (sad) thing is, I was just talking to a friend this week about how nothing is going right at the moment for anyone, and hopefully things turn around because it's getting pretty ridiculous! And I log on here, and it's the same!

HOLY crap Nichole, your mom!! yikes, yes, maybe time to look into assisted living, for her safety and for your sanity! Thankfully nothing terrible happened to her! What is wrong with people??!

Jen - so sorry about your husband. What a shock! do the best you can with communicating, and see if a little time and space will dull the frazzled nerves, then he might be open to reconciliation. I know when tempers flare or someone is stressed to the max, they just need time to calm down and reset. So prayers for you and your kids.

Cari! Going through your mom's stuff is so emotional and hard. We had to do that after my FIL's funeral too. The only good thing was that my MIL was staying in the house, so we didn't have to move everything out. We did get rid of a lot of stuff though, and it wasn't easy. Maybe ask her or your friends if they need certain items, as it would be nice to know they go to good use? Thinking of you, because it is a job that is so draining.

Rachel - I saw your post about seeing old pictures of yourself and never going back! Even if it takes years to reach your goal, you will still keep trying! When I was camping this weekend, I was going through pictures on my phone (it was raining, and we were stuck in the trailer). I saw pictures from last September when I went to NYC for my 40th bday. OMG I was literally a whale! I was shocked actually! I was reminded that I've come a long way, and even though I have a ways to go, I've got to stick with it and succeed! 25 more lbs to my goal.

I let my streak go on purpose after seeing those pictures. I need to start fresh on MFP and mentally. I've been stuck at this weight for a good few months, so it's time to get on track again!

I'm interested in that no added sugar thing, @bobsburgersfan ! How much weight did you lose in the 2 weeks? I wonder if I would be able to do it (I love my muffins and stuff!) LOL
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Nicole – You are one tough woman! I will hang in there… I really need a bump up to get me going…

Rachel – Foodapolooza… story of my life! LOL!

Iecreamhead – Nice job on breaking the plateau… that’s always a motivator! Keep it up!

Joy – 25 lbs to goal! You can do this girl! I need to take my own advice!!

So I’m in a rut… I’m really antsy to get out of it… I just don’t get it. Even my fitbit challenges have been light lately. =( I’m hating myself everytime I look in the mirror, but it hasn’t stop me from being dumb and eating wrong or taking the day off from exercising… #needkickintheass
  • Spacewitch88
    Spacewitch88 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello!
    I only just started again after quite a while and I'm doing relatively well .... but there is one problem:
    Whenever I'm in a creative process (I draw and paint digitally and traditionally!) I seem to crave chocolate.
    I have not found a solution for this problem yet what to do instead of buying some. So far the amount hasn't been excessively getting out of hand (aka I wasn't much over my calorie goal which is forgiveable). But still, these cravings are annoying! I want to keep doing art but I don't want to keep craving chocolate when I do it.
    )':
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,299 Member
    well - what a lousy week it seems to be turning into!

Nicole - so sorry and hope that everything stabilises a bit for you and your family - you certainly deserve it after all you've been through.

Jen - so sorry to hear about your husband. I hope that he will come round to the idea of some counselling and at least give it a chance. Sending positive thoughts to you for that and for telling your kids, I can't imagine how hard it would be to have to tell Alistair something like that. Feel free to vent at us here - as Cari said, we might not be able to do anything but we can listen and sympathise!

And to all in the rut - is there room in the rut for one more?? I'm with you @ShyCush6 - I want out of it, but clearly not quite enough yet to actually do something about it - a kick in the *kitten* would be helpful :). I got a call from the nursery late Monday afternoon - Alistair had been throwing up all over his key carer and he got banned for two days. So I've had an unexpected two days off work with my boy (who was absolutely fine by the time he got home!) - a lovely two days but it's totally thrown me off track for the week. Then major thunderstorms last night resulting in flooding so it took me just under 3 hours to get to work today. What fun!

Anyway, time to do some work. Positive thoughts all - let's turn it around for all those who've been struggling :)
  • mdog449
    mdog449 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi Everyone! I just found this thread, and am also looking for a group to help with motivation. I've done WW and MFP in the past and have had the most success when I can participate on active message boards. I used to be in really good shape - working out 5-6 times a week and watching what I eat - but over the past year I've really become a slug. Tons of life stress has led me to make unhealthy decisions, and unhealthy decisions promote more unhealthy decisions. It's a vicious cycle! I'm looking forward to participating with a supportive group and getting back on track! I'm in my late 20's, married with no kids (but two fur babies), and looking to set my first goal at losing about 10 pounds. Would love to make some MFP friends!
  • mdog449
    Thanks! I definitely will!
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Good morning everyone. Well, I had a good day food/calorie wise yesterday. I think I need to get a few good days in a row to get me going again. It does feel good after a day like that. I only had a half day at work, so I got to come home and clean my house, and I did some yard work. Today is our 15 year anniversary, so we are planning on going out to dinner. I had a light breakfast, and will have a light lunch. I think the place we are going has a pretty decent menu health wise, so it shouldn't be too bad. Although-I love their Sangria drinks! :wink: I hope everyone has a great day! We can get ourselves out of this rut! Just keep going! I am not giving up!
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Greetings from Canada :) I started my health journey on April 23 and it's exactly 2 months today and I have lost 8 lbs. I am very proud of myself.

I have started going to the gym more regularly over the last couple weeks. There's also a gym at work. M&W I do a half hour on the elliptical on my lunch hour, and I want to get my gym where I have a membership on Tues&Thurs nights. I'm not much for weekend workouts BUT having said that, this Saturday, I'm doing a 5k walk for cancer with my boss :) then going for a massage on Sunday. I want to try and get to my membership gym for an hour on the weekend. It shouldn't be that hard to get my bum out the door to do it !!!

I'm really good at logging my food on a daily basis. Sometimes I'm obsessive with it, I must admit. I do Prelog as much as I can. It helps me through the day to keep tabs on my numbers. I don't drink my calories. I drink regular water mixed with lemon water every day and my only other beverage of choice is peppermint tea.

My weight loss has been stalled for a couple weeks but from what I've been reading, it could be because I have upped my workouts and my body is adjusting. I am going to keep truckin along though.

I would LOVE more friends to keep me motivated !!!! I'm a great listener and love making new friends. I do check my messages on here regularly so please add me if you'd like another supporter in your corner :)
  • mdog449
    That's great that you can get a workout in during your lunch hour! I definitely need to get better about being consistently active. I'm going to dig my Fitbit out of my drawer. I think that will help motivate me to move around more. Daily workouts are a great goal! I have lots of DVDs I can use at home, just need to get back in the groove. Good luck to you!
  • bethanykilpatrick17
    bethanykilpatrick17 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey Y'all!

I'm new to this forum! I've used MFP on and off for the past few years and I find that when I stay dedicated is when I see the most results. So far I've been active on it for 4 days and I've already lost 2 lbs! I'm really excited to stay focused and I'm glad that there are others out there with the same struggle!
  • KassiesJourney
    KassiesJourney Posts: 306 Member
    I am 23, 5'8", sedentary bank teller, 360lbs, need to lose about 200lbs, I am getting married in August. I lost my fibit...again haha I want to get the new fitbit blaze.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Hi everyone, I have not had a chance to read all the posts on here due to being so busy but it looks like lots of ups and downs for everyone. but you are all still here and that goes to show what a great bunch you all are. Keep up your great work and keep moving forwards.

I managed to do my first 4 mile run today :smiley: when i started this journey i never imagined that running is something i would ever do and it is with thanks to you guys that i decided to give it a try.

I am still trying to lose my last 2 lbs that just will not budge, but hey its just a number right :wink:

I have lots of fun things planned for this summer and one of them is a beach boot camp in August with lots of running on the sand so i need to keep training :smile:
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    I am 23, 5'8", sedentary bank teller, 360lbs, need to lose about 200lbs, I am getting married in August. I lost my fibit...again haha I want to get the new fitbit blaze.

Congratulations !!! I got married last August :)

I wear my fitbit as a constant accessory. I put it on in the morning before I even put my make up on. I have a charger at home and at work, just in case ;)

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    @icecreamheadaches Great accomplishments, way to go!

@bluepoppies777 I seriously love the idea of starting fresh with a new streak. If things don't get back on track in July I might be joining you!

@ShyCush6 *Kick!* Just kidding! But we are totally here for you for motivation to fit in your activity and eat the yummy healthy food

@Spacewitch88 I like tea with unsweetened cashew milk and stevia. It's sweet, warm, and filling and keeps my munchies at bay

@janetay01 Sorry to hear about the flood/unexpected days off. You're always welcome in our rut, although I hope you get out of it soon (and bring me with you!)

@mdog449 Welcome! I'm a fellow fur baby mom. What kind do you have?

@danan01 Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you enjoy your celebration!

@canadianvampyregurl Welcome! Keep posting :)

@bethanykilpatrick17 Welcome! Congrats on your loss!

@KassiesJourney Welcome! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

@GillianSmith2 Way to go on your 4 miler! You'll have to keep us posted on that bootcamp group, it sounds awesome!

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    I got the news that my gym membership will basically be doubling in price since they're moving locations and expanding classes. Ugh. I'm a saver so I hate spending more money when I know I could do fitness for free, but I love this gym and the community. My significant other supports me spending the money, since it's basically my hobby, but it's just hard to do when it's such a sharp increase. I'm torn :/
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Janetay – Let’s do this!! We got it!!

Mdog – Welcome!! Fitbits are the bomb! Her eis my user id… we have a group from this thread that do a challenge every week.
    public url: //www.fitbit.com/user/3RJG54

Dana – Hope you saved room for a sangria! =) Happy Anniversary!! Hope it was a great night! Way to go on the calories!!

Canadian – Hope you check in often.. you seem to be on the right track and hopefully we could help the journey along!

Bethany – Keep focused… that’s great! Welcome!

Gill – WAY TO GO!! 4 miles.. you rock! Beach boot camp sounds awesome! Keep up the dedication Gill, you are doing amazing!

Rachel – Seriously I need that!! That stinks about your gym… I would be torn as well. I’m a saver, but if it is helping your life style, maybe there is something else you could cut that would even things out…

I’ve been ok the past few days… I am avoiding the scale… just no motivation to see it! UGH! Keep telling myself I can do this, but then I crave something sweet and cave…
    This weekend is a girls weekend and usually the alcohol destroys everything I strive for but I am going to really try to watch it this weekend… When I over indulge, I get tummy aches, so I know I will feel better and enjoy the weekend that mush more with out a gut ache.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Good Morning All.

Welcome all newbies. I think I sent you all friend request, however if I missed anyone please feel free to add me.

So on mom news. Landlady in the complex is booting that guys mom out. He isn't supposed to even be staying there as he has been kicked out in the past for "befriending" elderly people and then stealing their meds. I looked on line yesterday and it stated that him and the 2 girls were all "Direct Indictment" I think that means that their cases went straight to the grand jury. I sure hope so. They were all charged with felonies and misdemeanors. My niece and her son are going to be moving in with mom for awhile. That will make us all feel better, and give us time to look into a assisted living place for her. That way we don't jump into anything and she ends up going to a crappy place.

Didn't make it to the gym yesterday, however did go to my dads and helped hubby and son move the dresser and bed and some boxes. That is something I guess.

Rachel- That sucks about the gym, here lately the gym has been my life saver. Helps keep my mind straight.

Dana- Happy Anniversary. 15 years is a great achievement.

Gill- Great job on the 4 mile run. And the beach boot camp sounds good. Everything is better when the beach is involved, including exercise.

Shy- Enjoy you girls weekend. It sound like fun. And if you have a little to much fun this weekend we will be here for you on Monday.

Happy Friday. I don't know how, but we made it. Hope everyone has a great day.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    @jkhoffe I am so glad to hear that. I will keep u in my prayers that everything works out for you and your family.
  • damalackina
    damalackina Posts: 3 Member
    I would love to join the group. I've been on my fitness pal for a couple years actually- just reset all of my goals today because I never want to see those numbers again. I'm down 20# want to lose about 30 more. I'm a chef, constantly around food so my will power needs to be on point. I could use the extra motivation and hope I can help motivate others too!