28; never been on a date or had a boyfriend because of weight

Options

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm just wondering if they ever caught the laundry room thief or not.

I still worry about the Burberry coat that wasn't dry-cleaned.

I know right! That was a risky move! I wouldn't ever have attempted that. But hopefully it was okay because she was planning on wearing it boating and to wine tasting events.
  • ftwmc
    ftwmc Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    As a male a woman's appearance matters very little after the first few minutes. Join a club or group that has similar interests to you stop looking for a boyfriend look for friends amazing what can happen.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Just don't slush any tires and we will be ok.
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

I know right! That was a risky move! I wouldn't ever have attempted that. But hopefully it was okay because she was planning on wearing it boating and to wine tasting events.

Where can I catch up on this epic saga?
  • GobletofFlames
    GobletofFlames Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    A lot of these posts are confusing. Anyways, I do not PERSONALLY think I am fat, but I think guys think I'm fat, that's the only explanation I can think of as to why guys don't like me~
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You have to learn to love and be happy with yourself before a man comes along. You are worth making this lifestyle change for yourself not for dating or for anyone else do it for you! Starting on a treadmill is wonderful just remember we didn't get to where we are weigh wise overnight and we aren't going to reverse it overnight either. I am 37 years old and have put on over 100 pounds during the course of my 17 year marriage. I met my husband while I was in highschool and I was about 250 pounds. He was with me at my highest weight of 384 pounds I'm 311 now. I've only been a member of MFP a couple months. My sister met her bf at the gym. Just focus on getting healthy for you and the rest will fall in place :) add me if you'd like the more support the better!
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    This is me before I gained 10 lb

BEdQNgr.jpg?1

You look really healthy here. Were you eating clean?

Thanks! I think I eat pretty healthy :3

So now you'll probably increase your 10 mile walks up hill to 20 mile walks, right? Will they be uphill though? And do you walk solo, or do you walk a dog? Sometimes walks are more tolerable when you bring a dog along. It might also assuage the loneliness you're feeling - poochies are so friendly.

I love the Baby Doll tee you're wearing. The bright pink actually matches that book on the table, which appears to be a food and exercise diary. Do you wear this ensemble during your walks? You might want to consider some L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge Lipcolour in in Fearless Fuchsia to color coordinate with your tee and exercise diary. It would brighten up your appearance considerably, although I think you look just fine anyway.

Also, although the frames of your glasses match your complexion nicely in a cream tangerine palette, it might behoove you to purchase an alternate in pink - on the days when you want to accessorize with panache and true cosmopolitan flair.

ho7zarzdwfmn.png

Wasn't it a d&g shirt that she was waiting for in the mail?

It was. Navy blue with white polka dots and sheer gauze long sleeves. Chloe ring. I'm not going to go as far as to say she's low renting, because she hasn't yet admitted to appearing out in public with this get up. The shoes would be of the utmost importance considering the length of the walks. We'll have to wait and see what she says.

Are you sure the blouse didn't look like this?

90_DG1D975-DMT1_D00O_20.jpg

It's okay looking, but if I were to pay $700 for a blouse I would expect it to be opaque enough to not show my bra.
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    JaneSnowe wrote: »
    This is me before I gained 10 lb

BEdQNgr.jpg?1

You look really healthy here. Were you eating clean?

Thanks! I think I eat pretty healthy :3

So now you'll probably increase your 10 mile walks up hill to 20 mile walks, right? Will they be uphill though? And do you walk solo, or do you walk a dog? Sometimes walks are more tolerable when you bring a dog along. It might also assuage the loneliness you're feeling - poochies are so friendly.

I love the Baby Doll tee you're wearing. The bright pink actually matches that book on the table, which appears to be a food and exercise diary. Do you wear this ensemble during your walks? You might want to consider some L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge Lipcolour in in Fearless Fuchsia to color coordinate with your tee and exercise diary. It would brighten up your appearance considerably, although I think you look just fine anyway.

Also, although the frames of your glasses match your complexion nicely in a cream tangerine palette, it might behoove you to purchase an alternate in pink - on the days when you want to accessorize with panache and true cosmopolitan flair.

ho7zarzdwfmn.png

Wasn't it a d&g shirt that she was waiting for in the mail?

It was. Navy blue with white polka dots and sheer gauze long sleeves. Chloe ring. I'm not going to go as far as to say she's low renting, because she hasn't yet admitted to appearing out in public with this get up. The shoes would be of the utmost importance considering the length of the walks. We'll have to wait and see what she says.

Are you sure the blouse didn't look like this?

90_DG1D975-DMT1_D00O_20.jpg

It's okay looking, but if I were to pay $700 for a blouse I would expect it to be opaque enough to not show my bra.

Seriously - this makes me ridiculously happy to see this. It was my first thought after the first post and was so excited to see what's happened in the year or so since the last update!

ETA - how do you only walk uphill? Do you mean on a treadmill?
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    A lot of these posts are confusing. Anyways, I do not PERSONALLY think I am fat, but I think guys think I'm fat, that's the only explanation I can think of as to why guys don't like me~

Same thing actually.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options

Are you sure? Have you asked any of them? What are the other relationships in your life like? Sometimes people are just socially awkward and don't realize it. That can be improved and worked on.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    NM

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Are you trolling? In another post you say you weigh between 77-90 pounds. You are way too thin and nobody would call you a pig.
  • GobletofFlames
    Options
    Are you trolling? In another post you say you weigh between 77-90 pounds. You are way too thin and nobody would call you a pig.

Of course I'm not trolling. Maybe he meant pig as an insult, not as a reflection of my weight, or maybe he wanted me to weigh less. I'm really down today. I want a boyfriend to talk to about my day and to call me sweetheart. Is that too much to ask? I feel left out of society because other women much younger than me are married with kids and I was never given that choice. I bottle it in a lot but right now I'm angry and resentful towards life and men for not giving me a chance. They don't even know me so how can they reject me without getting to know me first? If they went on a date with me and found out I had an awful personality, OK fine, but they don't even give me a chance.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I walked for 2 hours just now~ A few weeks ago I asked out the cashier at the grocery store and he rejected me, citing my weight as the reason, so now I'm too embarrassed to go back. It's strange because he was always very polite, which is why I was interested in him, so it took me aback when he called me a pig. I have never been asked out and have asked out and been rejected by over 50 guys in real life and over 50 guys online.

You mentioned you weighed less than 100 lbs. Why would you call yourself a pig? Why would anyone else? Did you hear him say it out loud or just in your head?

Body Dysmorphia is something a therapist can work with you on, it's not something you can always sort through on your own. Many of us deal with it on here..

This thread doesn't sound (and the other one you have going currently) like it's about men not wanting to date you but about you not accepting yourself Perhaps also checking in with a mental health professional would keep you safe tonight?
  • GobletofFlames
    Options
    I walked for 2 hours just now~ A few weeks ago I asked out the cashier at the grocery store and he rejected me, citing my weight as the reason, so now I'm too embarrassed to go back. It's strange because he was always very polite, which is why I was interested in him, so it took me aback when he called me a pig. I have never been asked out and have asked out and been rejected by over 50 guys in real life and over 50 guys online.

You mentioned you weighed less than 100 lbs. Why would you call yourself a pig? Why would anyone else? Did you hear him say it out loud or just in your head?

Body Dysmorphia is something a therapist can work with you on, it's not something you can always sort through on your own. Many of us deal with it on here..

This thread doesn't sound (and the other one you have going currently) like it's about men not wanting to date you but about you not accepting yourself Perhaps also checking in with a mental health professional would keep you safe tonight?

Thank you for concern. Well the cashier may have called me a pig as an insult rather than referring to my weight. I don't know what he's thinking but I have been unable to go back to that store. Generally men don't like me. Last night a guy who was asking me to help him on his English told me that no man would ever like me so I blocked him right away. I am trying to accept the fact that I will always be single since men aren't interested. I try hard to be positive but it can be hard being positive all day.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

I woke up last night wondering about that myself, couldn't get back to sleep.....