Weekly Weigh In Challenge for June

Options

Replies

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,104 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Will need to buckle down to make goal by next week. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town for the last posting here (and I'm not sure my mother has a scale (and even if she does, it won't be the same as mine)). Probably won't be able to post until 3 July when I'll be back at my house to weigh in at my usual morning time. Sad to see the girls are dwindling away, but they always do when I lose weight... :/

Name: b3achy / beachy
    Height: 5'3"

Starting Weight May 29th: 147.2 lbs (but was 146.2 lbs on 5/27, the week before 3 June)
    Goal Weight July 1st: 140 lbs

Weigh In Week (I weigh in for record on Fridays, so I adjusted the days for Friday weigh ins)
    June 3: 145.2 lbs C/W/H: 35"/30.25"/40.25"
    June 10: 144.8 lbs C/W/H: 35"/30"/40"
    June 17: 143.2 lbs C/W/H: 35"/29.5"/39.5"
    June 24: 142.4 lbs C/W/H: 34.5"/29.5"/39.5"
    July 1:

Total LBS lost this week: .8 lbs
    Total LBS lost this month: 3.8 lbs

Weekly Goals (no change):
    • Cardio at least 4 times a week / Strength training 1-2 times a week / Kettlebell 2 times a week
    • Planking challenge daily / 24 hours in June challenge
    • Eat within my macro ratios and under my calorie goal daily / Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily
    • 7-9 hours of sleep per night

Struggles this week:
    • Still struggling with making time for strength training.
    • Had some bad days due to mourning a friend's daughter who passed unexpectedly. :'(
    • Attempting to 'play like a kid' is way harder than I thought it would be. I can barely last 5 minutes doing kid things like swings or playing hopscotch. :/
    • Scale being ornery again. Been in the 142's all week since last Sat. Really was hoping to see 141's since I was pretty good in getting my eating back in check the past few days. I'm sure I'll see it tomorrow...lol. *eyeroll*

Successes this week:
    • Completed the 24 hour fitness challenge for June, modified goal to now be 2000 minutes instead of 1440 minutes.
    • Got back to doing planks for the 30 day plank challenge (doing multiple sets of planks to get through rather than trying to do the time in one set).
  • jenlaw71
    jenlaw71 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Falcon wrote: »
    jenlaw71 wrote: »
    Sadly no new numbers to report since my last post as the scale has become frozen where it's at! No matter what I do - the numbers are not moving - either direction :(

Have you been taking body measurements? Hips waist arms neck and thighs? Sometimes your losing in other ways

I took a quick peak at your diary. Looks like you're not logging everything in and skipping days. You maybe eating more then you think you are on the days you don't log. The trick is to log everything everyday so you can catch what your doing and correct it.

We need some info from you, how much are you eating a day? weight height and age.

I forget to log usually because I just plain skip a meal :(

I've eliminated 99.9% of all soda from my life.......no chips (except occasional snack bag size)....increased fruits/veggies.......

getting to the gym is still a challenge between work and home life - but I get there every chance I can.

Due to physical issues - bad knee, both ankles, back issues - I stick to low impact exercises - walk on treadmill (3.3-3.5 speed), bike, do some weight machines...........since I do dance usually if we go out on the weekends I'm considering getting a couple of Zumba dvd's for at home.........

The good news - the boyfriend tells me almost every day that he loves me as I am - and if that means a me that gets down to about 150 pounds or one that stays at 204 - I am loved and appreciated! But dang - I wanna be the girlfriend that is down to close to 150.............
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Oncw again...its only a week away. Next week will be stsrting weights....

For those wanting to join our July challenge. It will no longer be in here but in a group.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-kill-the-fat-monthly-weight-loss-challenge[/quote]

Here is the link again for next month. It will be an actual challenge in a group with 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners. I won't do it in a thread anymore. No prizes other than the fact that we've lost pounds lol. Go in and register in the registration announcement. Next month we won't take late entries.
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,322 Member
    Options
    Name: Laurie

Starting Weight May 29th: 247
    Goal Weight July 3rd:242

Weigh In Week

June 5: 242.6
    June 12: 242
    June 19: 240.2
    June 26: 238.6
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week: 1.6
    Total LBS lost this month: 4.0

Weekly Goals: Stay away from soda and get daily 30-minute walks.

• beurredepeanut
    beurredepeanut Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Name: Valérie

Starting Weight May 29th: 182 lbs
    Goal Weight July 2nd: 176 lbs

Weigh In Week

June 4: 179,6
    June 11: 179,6
    June 18: 174
    June 24: 174
    July 2:

Total LBS lost this week: 0
    Total LBS lost this month: 8

Well that's just a bummer... Lost nothing today even tho I did really well this week. Sigh...
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Name: Valérie

Starting Weight May 29th: 182 lbs
    Goal Weight July 2nd: 176 lbs

Weigh In Week

June 4: 179,6
    June 11: 179,6
    June 18: 174
    June 24: 174
    July 2:

Total LBS lost this month: 8

Well that's just a bummer... Lost nothing today even tho I did really well this week. Sigh...

Argh I have put mine yet from how dissapointed I am. I gains over 4 lbs this week. Water retention most likely but still. Grrrr
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Name: Mari

Starting Weight May 29th: 287.8
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 277.8

Weigh In Week

June 4: 285.8
    June 11: 283
    June 18: 280.3
    June 25: 284.5
    July 2:

Total LBS lost this week: + 4.2 LBS
    Total LBS lost this month: 3.3 LBS

Weekly Goals:

Work out minimum 5 days this week.
    Reach my step goal each day.
    Drink my 3 liters of water each day.
    Weather permitting, walk 3 times this week.

Struggles:
    I struggled a lot with snacking this week and also with the sudden weather changes. I had a huge gain and I know i would not have had good results this week due to snack a 4.2 LB gain is massive. My hands are swollen, ankles, and feet are very swollen and I know I have water retention. I am not sure why because I drink lots of water daily. Other than high sodium due to my poor food choices and the sudden heat I dont know why I could have had such a massive gain.

Successes:
    Even tho I am up 4.2 LBS, My fat percentage has gone down a full point and also I am down 1CM on my chest, waist, and hips. My arms, legs, and neck have stayed the same. ALso I went to buy a pair of shorts which i hate wearing because of my ugly legs but its just too damned hot, I grabbed the size i thought i was without trying it on and came home. Wheni tried them they were way too big... oh well....good thing i have a belt!
  • mari_moulin
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Alright everyone starting tomorrow its time to enter those starting weights for the month of July!!! Please dont forget to enter it because if I dont have the number the 1st week loss will not count towards your final results.

Once again...

For those wanting to join our July challenge. It will no longer be in here but in a group.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-kill-the-fat-monthly-weight-loss-challenge[/quote]

Here is the link again for next month. It will be an actual challenge in a group with 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners. I won't do it in a thread anymore. No prizes other than the fact that we've lost pounds lol. Go in and register in the registration announcement. Next month we won't take late entries.
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,322 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Alright everyone starting tomorrow its time to enter those starting weights for the month of July!!! Please dont forget to enter it because if I dont have the number the 1st week loss will not count towards your final results.

Once again...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-kill-the-fat-monthly-weight-loss-challenge

Here is the link again for next month. It will be an actual challenge in a group with 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners. I won't do it in a thread anymore. No prizes other than the fact that we've lost pounds lol. Go in and register in the registration announcement. Next month we won't take late entries. [/quote]
  • kittley
    kittley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Christel

Starting Weight May 29th: 155.6 lbs
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 148 lbs

Weigh In Week

June 5: 153.2 lbs
    June 12: 153 lbs
    June 19: 152 lbs
    June 26: 151.6 lbs
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week: 0.4 lbs
    Total LBS lost this month: 4 lbs

Weekly Goals:
    - Exercise 5 times a week

Struggles
    - Reaching 10,000 steps except on days when I workout.

Successes:
    - Decided to exercise in the mornings during the week before work as opposed to after work and I was able to do my first morning workout a couple of days ago.
  • priyankarai2005
    priyankarai2005 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Name:Priyanka

Starting Weight May 29th:89.9 kg
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 87 kg

Weigh In Week

June 5: 89.7 kg
    June 12:89.5 kg
    June 19:-89.5 kg
    June 26:88.3 kg
    July 3:

Total kg lost this week: 1.2 kg
    Total kg lost this month: 1.6 kg

Weekly Goals: Exercise 6 days a week
    Walk at least 60 minutes

Struggles: Minimize carbohydrates intake and avoid sweet

Successes: Able to keep my carb below 100 and initiate weight loss.
  • Shelle33
    Shelle33 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Name: Shelle

Starting Weight May 29th: 176.6
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 171.6 (Ideally, I'd like to get out of the 170s this month, but we'll see.)

Weigh In Week

June 5: 176
    June 12: 175
    June 19: 173.2
    June 26: 176.6
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week: +3.4
    Total LBS lost this month: 0

Weekly Goals: Tighten up my logging. No treats during the week. More fruit and veg.

Struggles: Seriously? So frustrating. I can't seem to break out of this damn weight range. Really disappointed... :(

Successes: None.
  • Daddyspepper
    Daddyspepper Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight May 29th:
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 182

Weigh In Week

June 5: 191.8
    June 12: 188.4
    June 19: 187.2
    June 26: 183.6
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week: 3.6
    Total LBS lost this month:8.2
  • rollinskae
    rollinskae Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Name: Kaeli

Starting Weight May 29th: 289.2
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 279.2

Weigh-Ins:

June 5: 287.2
    June 12: 286.6
    June 19 (18): 284.0
    June 26: 282.0
    July 3:

Total pounds lost this week: 2.0
    Total pounds lost this month: 7.2

Struggles:
    - totally ate a ton of ice cream last Sunday... I was out of control

Successes:
    - getting right back up after a rocky start to the week and pushing myself every day since
    - sticking to my meal plans!!!
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Wonderful. Please add me to the July Challenge

Jamiewilldo

Starting Weight: 244.6

Thanks for your work

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Wonderful. Please add me to the July Challenge

Jamiewilldo

Starting Weight: 244.6

Thanks for your work

Here is the link for the group please ask to join then add your info in there once I've accrpted. I will be adding all the weigh ins this week. Glad you are joining. Xx

• Mimiriffic
    Mimiriffic Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight May 29: 226.6
    Goal Weight July 3: 220

Weigh In Week

June 5: 226.6
    June 12: 226.6
    June 19: 226.6
    June 26: 226.6
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this month:0

Not going well... Despite watching pretty well, obviously I am doing a few things wrong!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Mimiriffic wrote: »
    Starting Weight May 29: 226.6
    Goal Weight July 3: 220

Weigh In Week

June 5: 226.6
    June 12: 226.6
    June 19: 226.6
    June 26: 226.6
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this month:0

Not going well... Despite watching pretty well, obviously I am doing a few things wrong!

Well you aren't gaining. You seem to be in maintenance mode. Have tou tried recalculating your numbers and changing workout routine. Sometimes you just need to shock your body back into weight loss.
  • priyankarai2005
    priyankarai2005 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have sent my request for joining the group but seems it's not approved coz I am unable to get the discussion forum.
    Pls add me
    Name Priyanka
    Login day Monday