• OpinionatedCyborg
    OpinionatedCyborg Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Straight, proudly.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    285to170 wrote: »
    Hey all :smiley: I'm 27 bisexual woman, in a monogamous relationship with my husband of 7 years <3 let's be friends! Need some motivational friends to kick me in the A** <3

My condolences

WTF does that even mean?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • SassyMommasaurus
    SassyMommasaurus Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    put the B in LGBT :D sup
  • jaelynsmith
    jaelynsmith Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    Hey all :smiley: I'm 27 bisexual woman, in a monogamous relationship with my husband of 7 years <3 let's be friends! Need some motivational friends to kick me in the A** <3

My condolences

WTF does that even mean?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Seems like she was purposely being a "B" word.
  • SassyMommasaurus
    Options

My condolences

WTF does that even mean?

That they feel sorry for you?

Understand where they're coming from since I don't believe monogamy. Not as fun.
  • jaelynsmith
    jaelynsmith Posts: 82 Member
    Options

My condolences

WTF does that even mean?

Understand where they're coming from since I don't believe monogamy. Not as fun.

So because they can't be in a monogamous relationship, they have to be rude about the choice I made for my life? If that's the kind of people in this chat group, I'm out.
  • SassyMommasaurus
    Options

My condolences

WTF does that even mean?

So because they can't be in a monogamous relationship, they have to be rude about the choice I made for my life? If that's the kind of people in this chat group, I'm out.

You can't take everything everyone says on the internet so hard, just ignore them and move on.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Can I start a thread called:

Straight Male and Female chit-chatters? ...and not offend someone? I think not.

So I have to ask...What does sexual orientation have to do with a weight loss and fitness site?
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    L here, always up for making more supportive friends on here :)
  • SassyMommasaurus
    Options
    Us LGBT like to stick together where we know we can get support.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

My condolences

WTF does that even mean?

This is a fairly weak rage quit. Would you care to try again?
  • TattedUpBeachBoy
    TattedUpBeachBoy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I like this post.
    It helps me point out the ladies I can and can't creepily hit on.

Lemme slide in yo DM's.

Not really, though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Can I start a thread called:

Straight Male and Female chit-chatters? ...and not offend someone? I think not.

So I have to ask...What does sexual orientation have to do with a weight loss and fitness site?

Here you go darling: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/36921449#Comment_36921449

As far as not offending someone, its unlikely you could post anything without offending at least one person. This is the chit chat portion of MFP, the conversations often have nothing to do with fitness in this section. It's not uncommon for people to want to find others with similar life experiences for support and friendship.

Lol
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    I'm laughing in sadness
  • SassyMommasaurus
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    salembambi wrote: »

My condolences

WTF does that even mean?

You are married to a man and are monogamous within your marriage, which is a lifetime commitment. Yet you still identify as bisexual?

You seem to feel sincerely offended by the comment offered. Yet you intentionally entered a thread for LGBT people, where traditional values are not usually commonplace. Perhaps you'd be more compatible chatting in threads with monogamous women married to men who limit themselves to having sex only with their husbands.

Have you considered entering discussions at religious sites where monogamy is valued and practiced by both the men and the women? The likelihood of becoming the recipient of comments like the one you take umbrage to is probably nil.

MFP is about "fitness". Consequently most discussions are body related and include heaps and heaps of: 1) body consciousness, 2) body celebration, 2) body fixation, 3) body hobbies (promiscuity), 4) crude jokes, 5) sexual innuendo, 6) obsession with appearance; and 7) various expressions of dysmorphia.

Sometimes it's more fun to lurk and count your blessings. Otherwise, like I said - go with the religious sites.

just because someone is in a committed relationship does not all the sudden make them no longer bisexual.....

when i date someone i am always bisexual i dont suddenly only like dcks or vag

If woman is married to a man, who identifies as monogamous, and also identifies as bisexual - it would be prudent to question what the future holds in terms of maintaining said monogamy.

I love the bisexuals and homosexuals in my life as neighbors, friends, co-workers, family members, etc.

But if I were being pursued romantically by a man who identified as bisexual, and he promised me commitment and monogamy whilst still identifying as bisexual - I would feel very uncertain about how he would manage temptation futuristically and decline the offer.

ywxmah834v0z.png
    694.png 43.8K
  • SassyMommasaurus
    Options

My condolences

WTF does that even mean?

You are married to a man and are monogamous within your marriage, which is a lifetime commitment. Yet you still identify as bisexual?

You seem to feel sincerely offended by the comment offered. Yet you intentionally entered a thread for LGBT people, where traditional values are not usually commonplace. Perhaps you'd be more compatible chatting in threads with monogamous women married to men who limit themselves to having sex only with their husbands.

Have you considered entering discussions at religious sites where monogamy is valued and practiced by both the men and the women? The likelihood of becoming the recipient of comments like the one you take umbrage to is probably nil.

MFP is about "fitness". Consequently most discussions are body related and include heaps and heaps of: 1) body consciousness, 2) body celebration, 2) body fixation, 3) body hobbies (promiscuity), 4) crude jokes, 5) sexual innuendo, 6) obsession with appearance; and 7) various expressions of dysmorphia.

Sometimes it's more fun to lurk and count your blessings. Otherwise, like I said - go with the religious sites.

just because someone is in a committed relationship does not all the sudden make them no longer bisexual.....

when i date someone i am always bisexual i dont suddenly only like dcks or vag

If woman is married to a man, who identifies as monogamous, and also identifies as bisexual - it would be prudent to question what the future holds in terms of maintaining said monogamy.

I love the bisexuals and homosexuals in my life as neighbors, friends, co-workers, family members, etc.

But if I were being pursued romantically by a man who identified as bisexual, and he promised me commitment and monogamy whilst still identifying as bisexual - I would feel very uncertain about how he would manage temptation futuristically and decline the offer.

oh damn i forgot

bisexuals are sluts how silly of me

let me just listen to someone who is not bisexual tell me what it is to be bisexual

8i2ct1scngky.gif

I didn't make that specific generalization actually. I was commenting on the curiousness of why a person who had made a marital commitment to a member of the opposite sex would continue to identify as bisexual. I interpret it as Yeah, I'm married but I continue to leave my options open.

I identify as heterosexual and always have. However, when I was sexually active I was always monogamous. I understood there was dick all around me, some it attached to attractive faces and bodies. But once my commitment was made - I knew the dick all around me was none of my business and presented no temptation for me. I understand there are bisexuals and homosexuals who take commitment seriously and respond the same way.

So anytime someone identifies as homosexual or Lesbian but in a monogamous relationship would be leaving their options open too? You can't have it both ways and you don't stop being bisexual when you're in a relationship. Was with a man for 10 years, never cheated, never desired to, still happily told people who ask, I was bi-sexual.