Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Welcome all newbies. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Jen. Ur color run looks like fun. I'm glad u got to share it with your daughter and cousins.

Joy. Glad what you have lost has kept you off the meds and is a great motivator to keep going. We got your back.

I had a crappy wknd food wise. Aye all kinds of food that is bad for me. And the thing is I wasn't even hungry. I think the emotional eating was/is creeping back in after everything that has gone on. I am back to the gym today. Also have to go to grocery store so no junk food here fingers crossed

• FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    So I am still here but have to admit am totally depressed and don't see digging my way out of it anytime soon. I have had this shoulder injury for the last few weeks so have been in PT which has done nothing so back to the Orthapedist I went. Well more X-rays and I was told I had debilitating athritis in my neck, like an 80 year old. This is killing me. I just got done with year long injections to get ride of migraines and now thy are telling me a pain management clinic is in my future and this is all after they figure out what is wrong with my shoulder after the MRI on the 18th. The last two weeks have been total rest because my neck, peck, shoulder and arm are killing me. I am now like the heck with it and am going back to the gym today. This will at least make me feel a little better.
    Hope everyone is doing well.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Woo I made it through the weekend.

It was a busy crazy weekend for me. I think overall I did well. Although I didn't make the best food choices, I tried to make better choices than I would have in the past, and limited the portions to what I was actually hungry for. I was able to keep under the calories with my exercise added in. So I am going to call it a win.

I am feeling super lucky right now. My SO knows I am trying to lose weight and he decided to join me. He is being very supportive and encouraging. This is so much nicer when you aren't the only one trying to make life changes.

For those of you who had a bad weekend, what do you think you can do better next weekend?

For those of you who had a good weekend, what tips do you have for us, who are struggling?
  • metamorphmama
    metamorphmama Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am an on again off again member but I am hoping to make it work this time. Today is my first day and this thread seems as if it could possibly be helpful to me and my mission and hopefully
    I can be a help to someone else.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Well made it to the gym after my feel aorry for my eating weekend. Wasn't feeling the arc trainer so I worked on shoulders chest and arms. I think I was just needing to feel strong again. Fingers crossed that it works.
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    3 mile run completed today and the new addition to my exercise seems to be working on getting me closer to my goal. I have had the slightest of losses but im happy that the scale is moving again, These last couple of pounds are hanging on for life :wink:
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Oh no, Karen! Bad news for sure! Hopefully you can find some solutions. My coworker has had major problems for months with her neck/shoulder and she almost went off work. She did physio and massage, and actually joined aqua fit at the pool, and it has dramatically improved her pain and motion in her neck! So maybe there will be something that works for you?
    Well, I'm back to day 1, decided to just let it slide though the weekend and start my streak today. Feeling more motivated, and am logging! Why is it so easy to fall back into old patterns, even if we work so hard to form new patterns and habits? It's crazy! I had months and months of new and healthy habits, and they can all go to pot so fast! Regressing back to the old ways is too slippery of a slope! I guess I need constant determination, and will probably be "watching what I eat" for the rest of my life. Sigh x a million! I think it's an awareness that I will have to have forever, so I just can't let myself get depressed about it!
    Hope you all had a good Monday!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @health_guard How did your final go?

@TatajanaScylinda 130lbs? That's amazing! Welcome to the group!

Welcome @jdelaroy, @metamorphmama and @catapennarolli96 ! Keep posting! @jdelaroy Glad you made it through the weekend on a high note with your SO joining you, keep up the great work!

@jkhoffe Love the new photo of you! I totally understand taking some time to wallow, and it sounds like you're kicking it back into gear this week to break yourself out of it! You're a rock star!

@bluepoppies777 So sorry to hear about the doctor visit. Hopefully the last 30lbs will make a difference. I'm sorry to hear your boost of motivation had to come from a health scare! As for the gym, I love my mixed martial arts training too much to give it up, even for the summer. I decided to budget it out since it's my hobby and my exercise, it's just a painful bill!

@mdog449 Even with bad weekends I try to log just to keep accountable so that way I can see exactly what I did and what to do better next time. How's the healthy week going so far?

@JenHul Love the photo of you guys! Looks like you had a blast :)

@ngolden3320 Sounds like you are starting the week on the right foot! Emotional eating happens but its what you do after that makes a huge difference!

@FitEqualsSmile Way to channel your frustration at the gym! Hopefully the movement and endorphins helps to lower the pain

@GillianSmith2 Way to go on all that added activity! You are so close to goal it's going to happen before you know it!

• Rachel0778
    Options
    I had the first healthy, on track weekend all month and it was glorious! I just have one more social event to make it through and then it's back to normal. It's amazing how much better physically I feel when I am able to eat my healthy homemade foods instead of being at the mercy of other people/eating out. I'm going to do my best at the conference this weekend and I have my workouts and snacks planned. I'm just going the what I can, when I can route and not stressing too much.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    I did my first weigh in this morning. I lost 5.8 pounds. Holy heck, what a way to kick off this journey. :)

Thank you for all the welcomes.
  • mdog449
    mdog449 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @GillianSmith2 - way to go on your run! I used to run a lot, but haven't in a really long time. Your post makes me want to get back at it! It's a great way to drop the pounds fast.

• mdog449
    mdog449 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @Rachel0778 - you're totally right. I need to track food even when I'm not eating well so that I don't eat even worse! There's been some super stressful life stuff going on lately that's totally pulled me off track. It's easy to end up in a cycle where you eat crappy and don't exercise, then you don't want to start exercising because you don't feel good from all the crappy food. The good news (I hope) is that what's been a terrible personal situation for my husband and I might be finally coming to an end. That will bring with it new stress for us, but at least it's one chapter closed. I think if I restart some healthy living habits (and maybe get him onboard, too!), I might be able to manage the stress better. Here's hoping!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    hi guys - sorry, i've been quiet, still here and desperately trying to kick my butt into gear with this whole healthy eating and weight loss game - I continue to feel a bit 'blah' about it all and I don't know why :(. Hope the day treats us all well.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @janetay01 I hope your day goes well. I don't know if this will help you get your motivation back, but what are your whys? Why did you start this journey? Why do you want to be a healthier you? What are the benefits? Also, reassess your goals that you are working on. Is it too big of a goal, does it need to be broken down, is it a goal you still want to reach, are there other goals you can work on that are shorter that will get you to your long term goal? Remember whatever your reason is, you are strong, beautiful and you can do it. One step at a time.

• Rachel0778
    Options
    @jdelaroy Way to go on the awesome loss!!!

@health_guard Awesome work on your final! I hope you're enjoying the small break before your next class

@mdog449 I totally understand that cycle, I eat too much and then I feel too bloated to run/kickbox/etc! It always helps me to ease back in with something light like yoga or walking. Plus if I track, my off days end up being 3K cals instead of 4K+ (eek!). It might help with the stress too, glad to hear it'll be easing off soon!

@janetay01 I'm glad you checked in, even though you're in a "blah" place. I agree with @jdelaroy, looking at the whys is a great idea. For me, when I'm in a blah mood and I don't know why, I freestyle journal for awhile and brain dump. Usually the reason comes out eventually. Or sometimes it's just hormonal and it passes with time. We're here for you no matter what!

After work today we are heading up to the hotel room for our nerd conference and I am so excited!!! I've got a great plan in place to stay healthy all weekend long, now I just need to stick with it, stay active, and do the best that I can. Happy (almost) Weekend Everyone!

• danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Good morning. @janetay01 - I have been in the same boat. Still here, but not motivated much. I finally set my weight on here back to where is actually is right now-a few pounds up. Maybe then if I start seeing a downward trend again it will help motivate me more. But at least like Rachel said, tracking makes me at least keep the numbers reasonable because I am aware of the numbers. Anyway, we finally closed on the house. We both sold the one we were working on and we purchased another one. So this weekend it is back to work on the next. This one we hope to get fixed up and back on the market quick! I have a long weekend this weekend, and I took a couple of days off next week. Two long weekends in a row, so we should be able to get a lot done! Now I am just keeping my fingers crossed that there wont be any surprise expenses that we come across. It should get my step count up! I have been lacking lately with the steps. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    A small NSV for me tonight. Had to call 911 and take my SO's mom to the ER. Spent the whole evening there. Luckily, everything is okay. Stayed under my calories, and got in 10k steps. I ate horrible tonight, but I had eaten really well during the day, so it balanced itself out.
  • janetay01
    Options
    hey guys - thank you for all your kind and supporting words :). I think my 'blah' feeling is a wider malaise at the moment - I'm bored out of my wits at work and can't be bothered, which drives me to snack more - and hey, I lose track of my logging. Then I think - 'oh well, I've lost the day - try again tomorrow'. And so the cycle continues. So what are my 'why's'? Simple and compelling when I think about it - I have a husband and son who make my world complete and I want to be around the longest time in the best condition for them both. And on a more superficial note, I have lovely summer dresses that are just that bit too tight for me to get into right now - not that our current weather can be called summer in my view but hey!

So my plan - one day at a time. I'm going to log today as best I can (going out for pizza tonight for a stag/hen/pre wedding knees up do for my boss!) so it may not be fully accurate but I need to commit to logging again. Log all my steps (forgot my fitbit this morning - sigh!) and kick myself back into the habit of exercise. Oh - and stop devouring every piece of pudding that dares to smile seductively in my direction!!!

@jdelaroy - well done for the NSV yesterday and hope your SO's mum is ok. And going back through the posts, well done on your loss - that's an awesome way to kick off your journey :)

@danan01 - well done for closing on the house and for lining your next project up. My husband and I have always wanted to buy a place and do it up - maybe when the little one is a bit older we'll have a look at our options.

@Rachel0778 - hope the conference goes well and that you stay on plan - sounds like you've got the right approach to it. What a row of weekends you've had - I'd be exhausted by this point!

@mdog449 - you are right about the tracking even when eating badly - this is one of the areas where I fall down. I come off track and then wonder what the point is - when tracking and seeing the facts and figures would likely help me to get back on track. Hopefully the worst of the stress for you and your husband is over and you can start to focus on some of the good things in life.

@health_guard - well done on passing the exams - you rock girl and must be so pleased.

@FitEqualsSmile - so sorry to hear about the on-going shoulder issues, not surprised you are feeling down. I'm no expert but would agree with @bluepoppies777 that swimming/aqua therapy could be a good option - I have a friend who swears by such activity because it is supposed to be low stress.

So, at last Friday is here. Out tonight for pizza and singalong Sound of Music at the theatre (really not my thing at all but should be a good laugh!) then swimming and clothes shopping for my boy tomorrow. Visiting my aunt and uncle on Sunday (not sure they are bothered about seeing me - I'm just a vehicle for them to see Alistair :smiley: ) and then it will be Monday again before I know it. Hope your Fridays treat you well :)
  • janetay01
    Options
    so I've been to the Pizza Express website and chosen my meal in advance off their lighter menu!