ZUMBA FITNESS CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• blacrasberri
    blacrasberri Posts: 102
    Options
    Ladies!!! Today is the last day for the month of June. We have approx. 2 weeks to go for our Zumba Fitness Challenge. Please continue to encourage & motivate each other :smile: WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This evening I plan on doing my 2nd Live Zumba Class in addition to some swimming. :wink:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Zumba class last night. It was amazing as usual. I hope you are all being Zumbalicious!
  • LadyByrd77
    LadyByrd77 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Zumba sculpt and tone and flat abs dvds burned 576 calories. First Zumba class in the morning I'm so excited!
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Burned 817 calories in class tonight. Woo hoo!
  • LadyByrd77
    Options

Wow that's great...good workout!
  • blacrasberri
    Options

Wow!!!!!!!! I need to hang out with you doing Zumba :wink:

Tonight I did a live Zumba Class & went swimming afterwards for about an hour
  • JLynneHughes
    JLynneHughes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Worked on zumba sculpt and tone dvd 4 times last week. I am down 10 lbs total. I know zumba us the reason. Yea!
  • blacrasberri
    Options
    ENJOY YOUR INDEPENDENCE DAY WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!!!

REMEMBER DON'T DEPRIVE YOURSELF FROM EATING AND DRINKING TOO MUCH...JUST REMEMBER TO SHIMMY THOSE CALORIES OFF WITH SOME ZUMBA :smile: :laugh: :noway: :heart: :drinker: :sad: :bigsmile:
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    I've been slacking this week with my workouts, I need a butt kicking :( I will get back on track with my workouts tomorrow!!!
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I've never done Zumba but after reading this thread I'd really like to try. What DVDs do you recommend? Do y'all prefer the Wii game to the dvds? I have a Wii and a PS3 so I am open to try whatever gives the best workout and is fun! I don't like a lot of standing around and watching...
  • vwbear
    vwbear Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I had another 1 hour Zumba class this am, and I stayed afterwards and did the 1 hour toning class too!
  • blacrasberri
    Options
    I've never done Zumba but after reading this thread I'd really like to try. What DVDs do you recommend? Do y'all prefer the Wii game to the dvds? I have a Wii and a PS3 so I am open to try whatever gives the best workout and is fun! I don't like a lot of standing around and watching...

Glad you read the post. Many participants do both meaning the games, DVDs......& even Live Zumba Classes. Do whatever motivates you just as long as you do it!!!!:smile: Be sure to use a heart rate monitor to keep track of the calories your burning.
  • blacrasberri
    Options
    Today I;m taking the day off from Zumba since my gym will be closed for the Holiday. However, on Tuesday I plan to be at the Aqua Zumba class first thing in the morning :wink:
  • Lydjoys
    Lydjoys Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just now saw this thread, and I know I am crazy late starting this, but I would love to join in! I am going to Disney World July 17th, so I would be thrilled to lose at least a couple pounds before I go.

I did my first Wii Zumba a week ago today. Although it was just the 20 minute beginner, I was hooked!!! The more videos I see, and workouts I do, the more I love it! I should be getting my DVD's in the mail any day as well.

Since I am leaving the 17th, I would like to do Zumba everyday, even if it's only for a few minutes.

So far --

Yesterday -- Zumba 20 min Beginner, About 30 min of Intermediate
    Today -- 45 min of some beg, and some int. (Possibly more than 45... my son kept interrupting me. :) )
  • LadyByrd77
    Options
    Last week I completed three days of Zumba Sculpt and Tone and Flat Abs dvd. I also attended my first Zumbaa class. Looking forward to Zumba class this week on Wednesday and Friday!
  • abbyy182
    abbyy182 Posts: 56
    Options
    Brenda, don't worry, I have slacked a bit, too, the weather here in the UK is very humid, making me feel sluggish and lethargic. My little boy is also teething so I haven't had much time to myself. I have tried to mix up my workouts now, including Zumba, with running and hopefully cycling soon ! I probably do Zumba 4-5 times a week.
  • blacrasberri
    Options
    I just now saw this thread, and I know I am crazy late starting this, but I would love to join in! I am going to Disney World July 17th, so I would be thrilled to lose at least a couple pounds before I go.

I did my first Wii Zumba a week ago today. Although it was just the 20 minute beginner, I was hooked!!! The more videos I see, and workouts I do, the more I love it! I should be getting my DVD's in the mail any day as well.

Since I am leaving the 17th, I would like to do Zumba everyday, even if it's only for a few minutes.

So far --

Yesterday -- Zumba 20 min Beginner, About 30 min of Intermediate
    Today -- 45 min of some beg, and some int. (Possibly more than 45... my son kept interrupting me. :) )

Don't worry start now and see if you can loose some inches/lbs by July 13th.
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm also late, but I would love to join the challenge as well. I usually try to get to the classes on Mon., Wed, and Fri., but I guess I need to kick it up and play the game on Tues. and Thurs. as well. I just found out since I last weighed myself I'm 10 lbs lighter. I'm so excited. Keep working hard girls!
  • Lydjoys
    Lydjoys Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    blacrasberri, thanks so much! If I could just tone up a bit I would be crazy happy!

Today, I did around 45 minutes total. A mix of Intermediate and advanced. My little boy kept interrupting me, but all in all I think I got a fairly good workout in.
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    So far today I have about 25 min of zumba in (thanks to my video game and munchkins). Hopefully after lunch and naps I can get a little more in since 60 min is my goal.