40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    sdereski wrote: »
    10km training run done. Beat the BFH today! First time this year. Yay me! :)

Congratulations!
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Chest and abs. Legs too sore to run (this has never happened before) so I-gulp-walked instead.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 2 Back & 6-Pack"=Done!
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Legs were a bit sore from the gym yesterday but still went out for a bike ride with a couple for friends. Lucky that they wanted an easy ride so after a short 30km/18miles we went for a sit-down breakfast then a leisurely ride home. Totaled to 56km/34 miles. Good day indeed!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Was supposed to train with my PT yesterday after more than a month off, but it was raining, I was tired, so canceled. Went for another 10km run instead. Despite being so tired, it ended up being a pretty good run. Didn't make it up the BFH though :(
  • 60to35
    Legs this morning.
    Going into town tonight for a one hour HIIT class. Been feeling tired and blah so hoping this will rejuvenate me.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,971 Member
    edited July 2016
    OMG @narak_lol - 34 miles RT for a "short" ride...wow! My idea of a short ride is about 30 less than that. And @sdereski you "only ran" a 10K because you were tired?! You people are amazing!! Not to mention @gam3rguy and all your competitions. I'm always motivated to come in here to see what everyone is up to...it forces me to get my butt off the sofa. Good job to all who are posting their workouts here! You are all an inspiration!

Took a rest day yesterday so was planning to paddle today...however, storms have popped up in the area already. Might have to settle for a walk instead. :( I did just finish 300 jumping jacks for a mini-challenge. Might work on my planks while waiting to see what the weather ends up doing. Since I have a class later today, I can't wait too much longer to get out on the water if I'm going, but I never go out when there are storms too close. :/
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    edited July 2016
    Switched back to AOS - Newport for my workout today after doing Providence as my kettlebell workout for the past 5-6 weeks.....and I had apparently forgotten how incredibly hard it is, nice and humbling. Supposed to rain most of the weekend here which should bode well for my daughters planned beach party. :)
  • b3achy
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Pathology report is in.....B-E-N-I-G-N!!!!!!!!! :)

Congrats Beeps! Awesome news!
  • gam3rguy
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 2 Off-Day Stretch"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,918 Member
    It is awesome, awesome news. Thank you, b3eachy.

Today, I lift!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member

Super!
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    This is great news Beeps! I am so happy for you!
    b3achy - thanks for your kind words! I rode again today for 2 hours, it was very hot at the high 90, managed to complete the planned route but I really struggled. Got to get up earlier!
  • gam3rguy
    AWESOME!!! :D

• agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member

:) wonderful!
  • 60to35
    @Beeps2011 - WHOOP!!
  • b3achy
    Jumped on my gazelle yesterday after driving around to two different spots, but feeling like the area storms were just too close for comfort to paddle alone. Did 4.1 miles in an hour, so not bad. Already jumped on it again today since I've got a busy day ahead. Got a little further today - 4.15 miles in an hour.

Will be paddling for a couple hours tomorrow with a friend, so it will be good to be back out on the water.

Happy to report as of yesterday, I'm back in my 'normal' BMI range. Still need to lose 20 lbs more, but with about 9 down, I'm well on my way to getting to a healthier weight.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
  • 60to35
    Back,biceps, abs then watched my daughter rodeo. A good day!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Went for a run today... didn't feel like I had much fuel in my tank. Pooped out after about 3 miles. Eating at a deficit is really making it hard to run like I want to.

In other news, my Chromecast also pooped out so I can't cast my Daily Burn videos. Need to figure out how to get around that until I can afford to get a new Chromecast. Probably will just have to play them on my laptop and squint at the screen.