Over 60 pounds down from 228 to 168!! Pics pics pics!

Options
tigerlilly24
tigerlilly24 Posts: 130 Member
7o8ao601s43h.jpg

0ut4lemsv0di.jpg

Hi MFP family. I have been on here since 2008 I believe, lurking, watching peoples success stories, and peeking through their diet journals. All without ever implementing any of what I was learning. I cheated, not faithfully logging the bad things I would eat. My weight went up and down but never did I ever take control of it. So fast forward to 2012 I had my first baby who I ended up gaining 75 lbs with. People told me "Oh just breast feed the weight will fall off." I breast fed. The weight did not "fall off". I got to 228 lbs. Size 18/20. I am 5'3. I felt disgusting and so out of shape. I continued to do nothing for 2 more years. Then, as I was sitting in bed devouring an entire package of gummi bears, I had an epiphany. I was miserable. I was eating crap food and MAKING myself miserable! I tossed the remaining gummis and resolved I would begin low carb the very next day. I did. From February to April I did low carb (not keto and no keto devotees I don't care about your opinion on this) and I got down to 204! And then I got pregnant. Unintentionally, although I was planning to have another baby in a few years so he just came a little sooner than expected. This pregnancy I only gained 30 lbs and he weighed 10 at birth so 2 weeks post partum I was at 207. I began again. Low carb. I try to be more active but I do not "work out". I swim, I dance with my kids, I plank during commercials, and as a mom I constantly run up and down my stairs usually with either a 30 lb or more child or baskets of laundry. Today my oldest is 4 1/2 and my baby is 1 1/2. And I weigh 168 pounds. I wear a size 10/12. I'm not sure what my goal weight is. I never thought I'd get this far. My original intent was to get to prepregnancy weight of 180. Now I've surpassed that. 150 is my next gw and then who knows? So to any "lurkers" out there, whether you started MFP yesterday, or have been here since the beginning it is possible. And it is worth it. I do not feel deprived, I do not feel stressed, I can shop at "normal" stores, my husband is so proud of me, my kids love to be active with me. I work full time, I have 2 babies and 2 teenage stepkids, and I go to school part-time. If I can do it YOU can do it. It is all about mindset. The only rule I had for myself was no timelines. As soon as you put yourself up against the clock you're setting yourself up to fail. It's taken me years and it will take me more years. But I am better than where I started. Thank you MFP. I hope I am the inspiration to some that so many of you were to me.

Replies

• TheHappyLoser
    TheHappyLoser Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Absolute stunning transformation. You look great and you look happy.
  • Sis359
    Sis359 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Love this! Thanks for sharing your story, you are so inspiring to me.
  • juanitagardner07
    juanitagardner07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!!! What an inspiration it is. CONGRATULATIONS!
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!
  • 22Brentwoodgirl
    22Brentwoodgirl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good work! What a fine example of self care you are setting. Your schedule is so busy and you did this!!! Just wow.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    WTG!
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are right about deadlines - they are a recipe for failure! I am down 40 out of 100 and I feel so much better as well as have a ton more energy! Thank you for sharing and hope to one day inspire someone like you have inspired me to keep going.
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Well done-you look fab! Great advice about not setting time limits. I've learned that over time too, to be happy with a downward trend however small.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats on your success so far!!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    What a great story. You are an inspiration.
  • SassyRN_77
    SassyRN_77 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic
  • valerieuk1708
    valerieuk1708 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! I'm planning to go low carb starting Monday and was wondering could you give me any advice as to how low did you go? I don't plan to do keto as Iv tried it before (it worked but wasn't sustainable long term for me) ... At the moment my carbs set at 35% or 140g and I usually don't go over but was thinking of dropping it down to 80-100g a day or even try and do carb cycling (regular days and low days to alternate). Any advice would be appreciated!
  • kuksabs
    kuksabs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look fabulous!
  • hunnnybee
    hunnnybee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Congrats- I am totally stuck at 189 and your story inspires me!!!!
  • leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    As soon as you put yourself up against the clock you're setting yourself up to fail. - this really hits home, my progress has stalled for months because I'm less than 10lbs from my first goal and I keep setting timelines. Ty. Congrats on your success!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!