Good-bye MyFitnessPal

Options

Replies

• psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    don't give up!!! could be muscle, could be water weight. keep at it for the beautiful baby in your arms. don't you owe it to yourself to be able to be the best daddy you can be? looks like you have not friended many people in your time here. feel free to add me if you decide to hang in there a little longer!! i find the support to be very helpful!! give it more time. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    So you quit after a week? You're just looking for an excuse to stay fat. Period. We've all had ups and downs here, but stuck with it. In all likelihood, you are dehydrated and your body is storing water to make up for it. Working like that CAN cause weight gain, and to run away so quickly is just cowardly....

AMEN!!
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    "If quitting is an option, you never intended to succeed."
  • kellywaller1
    kellywaller1 Posts: 101
    Options
    You give up that easy then you really are not ready to lose the weight!!!! And also what are you eating? you have to work everything out together and then it will melt off!!!!
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear this... :( You know that you don't really want this.

It could very well be 3 pounds of muscle. There is no way of knowing. Have you tried doing measurements? I don't really rely on the scale anymore. The way your clothes fit, and the measurements is what is proof.

What kind of food are you eating? Are you accurately tracking your exercises?

I think you need to keep going at it, you are not going to feel good about yourself if you just quit and "stay fat"

KEEP GOING!!!
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Weight loss isn't just about losing weight as fast as you can, it's about changing your lifestyle! You didn't gain all that weight overnight did you? Well you aren't going to lose it overnight either! It's a journey! Not a short trip.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    The only person that can make you do anything is YOURSELF. Any set backs can put you in a funk but thats when you turn around and work at it that much harder. You experiment by trying out one week of eat your exercise calories to another week of trying to do different exercises. If it was easy EVERYONE would be doing it, but it takes hard work, determination, and the will power to keep on going. 80% of losing weight is based on what you are eating...At first it is about wanting to lose the weight but also be HEALTHY for my kids and to live a longer life. Just think about what is important to you.
  • MamaWonderMonkey
    MamaWonderMonkey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    if you're lifting that much (I think I read that right), you might have gained muscle weight. you gain muscle faster than you lose weight. the more muscle you have, the faster you'll lose weight. good luck!!!
  • dontstopnow
    dontstopnow Posts: 152
    Options
    you didn't gain all that weight in a short amount of time, therefore it's going to take a lot of time, hard work and dedication to lose it. plus, if your pants are looser you're obviously doing something right..
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    DONT GIVE UP! I THINK ITS DOWN TO RETAINING FLUID,TAKE A TRIP TO YOUR DRS AND SEE IF THEY CAN GIVE YOU A DIURETIC KEEP AT IT AND IM SURE YOU WILSEE THE REWARDS OF YOUR EFFORTS SOON.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Don't give up YOU CAN DO THIS!

Are you eating to enough?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Also this might be helpful http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/00trayn/view/how-to-bust-a-3-month-plateau-87677

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153704-myth-or-fact-simple-math-3500-calories-one-pound-eat

Good luck on your journey
  • DanaKinzer
    DanaKinzer Posts: 72
    Options
    Don't you go anywhere just yet! As one person said, water weight! All that lifting and moving, I bet you were also drinking a LOT more water that day, weren't you? Eating foods that had just a small bit higher of a sodium content that day also? Come on now!

June 25th isn't that long! Heck, I only just now saw my first loss since I first started working out at the beginning of June! Look at other things instead. Didn't you just say your pants were falling off your butt? Is that belt a bit looser too? Can you walk a bit farther than when you first started? Is your breathing at night a bit better? How about your snoring? Are you still waking yourself up every night from snoring too loudly?

The hardest thing you'll ever do is to just START losing the weight. Once you start, you're over the biggest hurdle. Right now, your body IS changing. Keep it up. Don't give up just yet. Quit measuring your success by the scale and start measuring it by how you FEEL!
  • jambs5
    jambs5 Posts: 114
    Options
    Looking at your post it seems like you only joined in June 2011. You've lost 10#s in a month and want to give up? I joined in May 2011 and I've only lost 8#s. Have you taken any measurements? I've been losing inches instead of pounds. I've been building up muscles/muscle mass (arms/legs). I am feeling better and have more energy. You didn't gain/put on yur weight overnight..it tooks years...so it's not going to come off fast. It's going to take time and commitment to drop the pounds. Not to mention life style changes and healthier food choices. So give up if you want too, but I think you should give yourself more time.
  • janeosu
    janeosu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Look at your picture! There's no better reason to not quit than that little girl in your arms. Open up your diary so people can see them and give some pointers. Get some more MFP friends because they are an amazing source of love and support. There are answers and reasons to all of this stuff. Don't just walk away. I was 408 and after a week was ready to quit and continue my unhealthy life, as short as it was gonna be. I'm down to 280 now with the thanks of mfp!!!!!

YES - what he said!
  • Chubbychub
    Options
    Please dont give up.

Starvation mode is not crap. I went hell for leather at first and never took in anywhere near the amount of calories I should have, and like you was really excercising also,,,everything came off very slow.

But 5 months down the line now Ive lost 3 stone (42lbs) the last 28lbs with myfitnessplan.

It WILL come off just keep going for a bit longer,

Keep the faith!

bren
  • Chinook71
    Chinook71 Posts: 19
    Options
    Don't give up!!! First, I can tell you that last week I had a 5 lb. gain over a 3-day time span! We were on vacation and I ate out a lot and the salt & water weight did it. I drank water like crazy for 1-1/2 days and miraculously peed the entire 5 lbs. gain away!!

Myfitnesspal isn't going to do it for you! I guess if you are not ready, then quit and come back when you are. It shouldn't be a diet...it needs to be a complete attitude and lifestyle change.

I sincerely hope that you really think it through and give it another chance. I have lost 30 lbs in 3 months on my goal of losing 100 lbs. and every minute, good and bad have been worth how great I am feeling. You can do it too!!!!!!!!!!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I stalled more times than I care to even mention... but had I given up every time it got frustrating, I wouldn't be at my goal weight. No one ever said it would be easy... and it certainly isn't going to happen overnight. The key to success is to never give up and make sure you have a great support network! Feel free to send me a request if you ever decide to keep on fighting for better health! No one can force you to continue your journey. That strength must come from within. Good luck to you!
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    quitters never win... winners never quit.
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    quitters never win... winners never quit.

What datguy said :)
  • got2go2concerts
    got2go2concerts Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    wow, I hate to see you give up on your desire to loose weight. It's not easy (I know, as well as all of us on here) Yes, sometime when I eat the best and exercise regularly I too gain (not sure why) then I have a bad day and get up and have lost weight??? Go figure. This website is here for support and advice. No one can do it for us... We have to want it and figure out what works for us. I hope you look deep inside and realize all of us are really the same, we want to be healthier, loose weight, feel good and look good. But some of us it takes longer and we have to work harder. Don't give up on yourself, it takes time........