To fat to be a stripper

Options

Replies

• RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I guess you could just become a drug dealer or a prostitute, but why do this to yourself? You may want money but you are in dire need of self-respect.

^YOU^ need to be a little less judgy. It is illegal to deal drugs & (in many places) be a prostitute, but as far as I know, it isn't illegal to be a stripper.

UGH yes it could have sounded nicer. I will agree but I also kinda agree with her. You can earn more money honey in an office and still get healthy. You could move worlds if you wanted to, why start there? I am not telling you that you shouldn't but I am challenging you I guess to do greater things . Sometimes girls with low images of themselves feel if they go somewhere where they are "needed" and "desired" it would help them feel better as they make money. I know because I used to be you wanting to be one and I list the very reasons why I wanted to because i WANTED MONEY AND FELT LIKE THE ATTENTION WOULD HELP ME FEEL MORE CONFIDENT- BUT I never did and challenged MYSELF NOT TO!!!!! And I didn't and thats with a body to die for too (not bragging just saying i was and am in great shape and know how to shake it:laugh: ) and I know you can do better. Working in stripper land is also dangerous is what everyone here is dodging. You have to deal with gangs and drug lords and violence. Poeple who might expect you to do things you don't want to do simply because you want to earn some money as a stripper. I mean those strippers got stories-stories and if you want your share then ok...
    Im not by any means saying you cannot handle it. It seems like you should find something better before you get involved. Yes places do have woman on the heavier sides to strip but very few ladies actually make it out of there with cash still in the bank account and college paid off without negative effects hitting them. No offenses here if I sound harsh I might have misworded something. I can't stop you but I won't encourage you either :( I do feel you can get there though. To the woman who do hey no shame and thinking nothing less of you. But there are better ways in life to get the things you need if you are willing to work hard-you can achieve it
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    170 at 5'5 is too heavy to be a dancer. I would get down to about 155 and try again

Strong first post.

:huh:

on an 8 month old thread.
    How in God's name does THIS thread get necroposted? Someone searching for strippers? :huh:
  • combatbunny
    combatbunny Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Too fat to be a stripper? Nonsense! Sorry to hear that someone was a prick to you! There is a demand for every body type because people have different preferences. Try another club, or try camming on the internet. Camgirls have the potential to make way more money than strippers anyway, as our audience isn't limited to one local area.
  • Turtle_Lover1981
    Options
    I bartended at those places and I had to hire the girls... And just because you're thick doesn't mean I didn't hire you.. I hired you based on you personality. If you can't talk to a customer you can't sell even if you're a 10+ bombshell. Our best seller was around your height at 240 and she averaged near a grande every night she worked and she didn't even sell privates, but drinks..... So I would go to another establishment.

I totally agree w/ the personality and attitude thing. I am really surprised so few people have mentioned this.

I knew these British girls in the 1990s who were "hot" to look at I would imagine, 5' tall and petite with large busts, they were sisters who almost looked like twins...one blonde, one redhead. They had the snooty, reserved attitude of professors though and I guarantee they didn't smile or flirt w/ patrons when they danced at a strip club amateur night. They did not make $1 in tips. They complained about fat, ugly girls getting hundreds that night by working the crowd. Just sayin'

right, everyone wants a stripper with personality...I also want one that can quote Aristotle and Socrates....

Absolutely, I go to strip clubs to be intrigued by their smartness and to hold philosophical conversations with strippers.
    I go to libraries to see fit naked girls reading books.

You know at one time this was the purpose of courtesans and geishas, yes pleasure was involved, but they were also held in high regards due to their ability to hold philosophical discussion on art, science, and politics. They were paid quite nicely for being a well rounded woman, so to speak.

I miss the old days when strippers were philosophers...

:laugh:
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Depends on the style of establishment surely? You don't need to be in good shape to be a stripper (if the image of the club allows it), but you do need to be in very good shape to work a pole well. You need a lot of flexibility and strength. A lot of the successful ones spent their childhoods doing dance and gymnastics and it shows.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    well curves are great but not rolls. Those girls are strong as heck. You need a strong core, arms and legs. How else you gonna work the pole with ease and grace while naked. Its not just shaking your money maker. Do you ever go to a strip club??? IF not I suggest you do and check out what they do. We go occasionally. ITs degrading to them but hey whatever if you got it flaunt it. Just be talented and tasteful. When it is don't right it looks like naked acrobats to me. ( at least that is what I call it when tequila is involed, lol) Yep sorry but it takes a lot to lose weight and get strong so start today.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    To actually dance, most places prefer very slim girls. That being said-the shot girls, waitresses, and personal dancers are not typically as small. They get amazing money as well-and the tips are usually better since you are in the crowd all night.

well not thin, that useally goes hand in hand with bones showing. My hubby and I do not tip skeletons. Its so gross to look at. We go next door and have a drink until a new one gets on the stage. We like curvy and fit girls to be putting on a show. Just saying. I do stress the fit part of course. Hey don't judge me, its a club by our house that gives out unlimited drinks for two hours as long as you pay the price of admission of only ten bucks. By the time I been drinking margaritas for two hours straight I will hoop and holler and give out dollars to naked acrobats as I like to call them.

170 is too big for me. I am struggling with the rolls I have at 158. Lose weight but keep the curves.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    So you need the quick money? There are clubs out there who would hire chunky/ugly/whatever strippers... But you won't be making your money on the pole.

:laugh: wait, what? :sick:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAPZQnqHoXXZxlm_evV5vyYxdBs6z7iPWZyA-wvR-xmJvNmKKfnQ
  • Ra1nb0w_Br1ght
    Options
    You know, waitressing will give you some quick money as well. ON a plus you won't be degrading yourself. Anyway, I personally wouldn't want to see a 170 pound stripper, but that could be just me.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    howre you on one hand going to say it is degrading oneself and then say you wouldnt want to see a 170lb stripper?
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    howre you on one hand going to say it is degrading oneself and then say you wouldnt want to see a 170lb stripper?

I know what she means, she's saying if she had to put up with seeing one it would be nice if they weren't that heavy but all in all they are being degraded. The degrading part -it's a given…
    Kind of like there plenty of alcoholics but there are people who can drink with self control….just because someone drinks doenst mean they're an alchy…just cause someone sees a stripper doesn't mean that stripper isn't degrading herself.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Is that why you joined MFP?
    Lmao
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    isn't this like a one thousand year old thread?
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Try bartending. I made a lot of money bartending when I was in college. After a few rounds no one will give a *kitten* about your weight.
  • Robyned12
    Robyned12 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in your shoes at the moment,I'm up sh$t creak without a paddle,I have a family I have to figure out how I'm going to make it. I have been recovering from surgery. I have husband I don't know how to tell I'm really desperate and there's a course online so when school is done I can work from home. I'm going to be short with rent this month again. The government doesn't give me enough to support my family. My mom was helping me out not anymore and she's not nice about it I'm with a food been with then since Oct 2012 just before my son was born he's 20 months. If I go through with this my debt will disapear and not worry about rent this month I have never been more desperate. I call and got hired over the phone. I didn't show up there's no jobs I have looked and it's flexible the hours I still have one child at home during the day, there's a spot at my daughters which I'm a hard time paying for couldn't pay this month.I can't even afford my meds I fibromyalgia and depression and im considering this. If I don't do something I'm going to drown.
  • Robyned12
    Robyned12 Posts: 2
    Options
    I know some women that strip that are not super skinny and their bigger women. I got hirred over the phone?They probably need more girls. I'm not a supermodel I'm not that young either I'm 35 I look younger though and would get some work on my face probably botox.I'm not super skinny I need to tone to get rid of my baby tummy. Two kids yeah in 3 years of eachother. I will keep looking for a job trust me there aren't any I have been looking. It's quick money I really need.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I'm disappointed.. I thought it was a new member that was super funny with a catchy intro thread... :/

But on a serious note.. you are an adult (hopefully) and everyone has their own reasons for losing weight... if it's to be a stripper and make some cash or to challenge yourself to be more active and healthy... end results the same, losing weight, so... the tools MFP gives are very beneficial in that department... good luck. :)

I feel your disappointment.
  • melissawebb432
    melissawebb432 Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Honestly, 5'5", 170 lbs is pretty big for a dancer. I am 5'9", 150 lbs (size 7) and I consider myself one of the bigger dancers. A lot of the girls I work with are super fit and skinny and range from size 0-5. It sucks I wanna lose weight but it's hard for me :(
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I didn't see any Chunky Stripper...but regular ol classic campbells, apparently works

0gk78lqr3gt7.jpg
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Honestly, 5'5", 170 lbs is pretty big for a dancer. I am 5'9", 150 lbs (size 7) and I consider myself one of the bigger dancers. A lot of the girls I work with are super fit and skinny and range from size 0-5. It sucks I wanna lose weight but it's hard for me :(

@melissawebb432

This thread is from 2013. The OP has either lost the weight and happily dancing, or has found another way to make money by now. Although I could be wrong.