July
    2Jul - 8k
    3Jul - 6k
    5Jul - 6k
    7Jul - 7k
    9Jul - 10k
    10Jul - 8k

45.5/100

Run was fine. Losing my house key was not. Waiting on taxi to take me to mums to get a spare....silver lining- I did another 3k walk on top of my 8k run retracing my steps where I had my phone out and key must have been dropped.

exercise.png
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @ROBOTFOOD -oh my goodness, yes, sorry to laugh at your expense.
    @Amandajs232 oh no! did you find the key? I keep thinking I need to hide one outside somewhere liked we used to do when my kids were little. I don't carry a key and rely on the garage door opening but if power goes out for some weird reason, I'd be stuck too.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I guess it's time I admit....I am sick. No running today but hoping tomorrow. My throat is so irritated, etc.

@ROBOTFOOD and @amandajs232 Sorry for both your situations!
  • Tracieisfitastic
    Tracieisfitastic Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    July 8- 4.0
    July 9- 3.8
    July 10- 6.0
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Morning all! My son, Alex, has decided to track his calories and joined mfp.

I'm not sure he'll find his way to the group. He's completed his 5k in 30 days in 20 days. @ChickenChaser08 He should stop in and share with everyone where he is. So I won't update.

He's chasing chickens because that is all that kid eats. He's like a coyote.

@kristinegift Way fun about the fox! My husband and I were at a park where people feed squirrels. If you held your hand like you had something, they came REALLY close and I'd squeal!
  • Elise4270
    Options
    @kimlight2 I know others will have more concise answers. I'll share my understanding, then sit back and let the gurus learn me up a bit. I'm inclined to believe an 80/20 mileage calculation is coming..

Everyone will be different in finding what base works for them depending on what their goals are and their individual physiological needs, 5k to ultra.

Personally, I find a half enjoyable when my mileage is an easy 30mpw.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Thank you @_nikkiwolf_ ! It doesn't help that even though I set my goal at 60K I want to get to 80- overachieving issues ;) . But I got out this morning knowing that he's leaving later today and got in a quick 3K before the babies got restless on him. Slow and steady I guess!

07/01- 4.28km
    07/02- 5.01km
    07/03- Rest/Weights Day
    07/04- 5.48km
    07/05- Forced Rest Day (Husband OOT)
    07/06- Forced Rest Day (Husband OOT)
    07/07- 6.13km
    07/08- 6.13km
    07/09- 6.13km
    07/10- 3km

exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @kimlight2 - Like @Elise4270 said it will probably vary by individual. Comparing last years base building with this years I do see a similarity but it could be coincidence. In both cases the point where things became a bit too much work and I noticed a loss of improvement in some way (be it fatigue, onset of injuries or also appetite/weight gain) was when my weekly running volume by time exceeded 8 hours of running/week. Another possible factor (or complicating factor) was doing 3 long runs/week (1.5+ hours).

I'm almost of the mindset that it is more about the time, as I could not have done that many long runs without surpassing that time weekly. I am quite sure there is no science behind ideal weekly training hours (I've never heard of one) but there is a lot of support outside of distance training and just about general health of doing up to an hour of cardio 3+ times/week. At my base building schedule of 5 to 6 runs/week that is 5-6 hours, but by having one per week as a long run, say capped at 2.5 hours that gives 6.5 to 7.5 hours/week with one long run. However I felt best this Spring when I was doing 42 mpw which had me doing one 5 mile LT run (2 of those were warmup/cooldown) which averaged 45 minutes to an hour, one 8 mile long run that averaged near 90 minutes, one 12 mile long run that averaged 2.5 hours, and three 5 mile easy runs that were about an hour each. All that added up to an average just a bit under 8 hours/week. After that things did not improve as well any more.

Just my thoughts.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    8--- 1.0 walk
    9---0.52 walk, +1.01 walk
    10---1.57 walk

I think I may rethink the walking bit. It's taxing and it angers me to struggle with something so simple.

I've hit a point where I'm frustrated. @melaniefave41 suggested I take up knitting, and @runbabarun suggested a sling shot for squirrels and such. I may move on those suggestions. Maybe sling shot some knitting needles would be momentarily entertaining. I'd need a jug of hooch. Then I'd be in my right mind to terrorise, er offer help to those in the forums.

Upcoming races:

11/05/16 Jenks Half Jenks OK
    12/11/16 BMW Dallas Marathon, Half
    Run the year 2016  898.42/ 2016

Hopeful races:
    March 19th 2017 RNR Half Dallas, TX
    March 26th 2017 A2A 5k Ardmore, OK
    April 30th 2017 OKC Memorial Marathon, Half.
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 - What is an 80/20 mileage calculation?

@WhatMeRunning - So base building isn't a specific number? You must be able to run X distance before you do Y? So I am looking at running an hour twice a week, a little longer once a week and 2 hours once a week that is kind of what base building is?