Good-bye MyFitnessPal

Options

Replies

• beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    WOW with so many comments so fast I cant quote all of them and respond so ill do it real quick right here. Yes, I felt down from this mornings weigh in. And thank you all the negative people that want to call me a quitter or they feel apauled because I felt like quitting your posts started becoming very funny and I was picturing you on a soap box preaching to everyone who read it like none of you ever thought about quitting so I am going to say this........GO PISS UP A ROPE.

For everyone else thank you for the kind supportive words I am not going to quit. I tried to friend as many as I can I love and appreciate the help. Thank you

Glad you're going to try again. I completely understand your frustration. I lost 90lbs two years ago through good old diet and exercise and it came off quick. But, I gained most of it back and am about a week and a half into a committed process of losing it again. It is coming off much, much, slower this time. It is very frustrating.

It's not always about eating less and exercising more. Just as with everything in life: all things in moderation, including diet and exercise. This commitment will be forever, not just for now.

Good luck!
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Okay obviously this brings up a lot of emotion for all of us and most definitely for you. PLEASE do me a favor! You don't know me, but at my current weight of 331lbs down from 371 I know your journey intimately. I see you are friends with BabyDuchess and she is good folks and thought the same of you so here goes the favor. Dude stick it out, friend me, friend all the guys in the Men over 250 looking to lose group and open your diary to us so we can give you as much help as possible. I'm serious! At our weight 10lb gains in one day is absolutely normal especially with a heavy work day. You think Damn! I should've lost, but if you are out of shape you are going to cause inflamation and that causes water retention. I'm telling you take the scale and toss it for now it'll drive you nuts. You probably drank more water after you worked all day than normal and probably had a high sodium intake. YOU LOST 13 FRICKEN LBS IN A COUPLE WEEKS BROTHER THATS SUCCESS NOT FAILURE! Please look at the precious little girl in your picture and that great lady who is on here doing it with you and think twice before you give up the ghost. We can do this. I put 45lbs on in the past 15months before getting in gear, but the rest didn't happen overnight and your losses won't either, but they will come and you will be successful if you stick to it through the ups and the downs and there will be ups, just know they are not the end of the world. The goal is to string together more good than bad days and we'll do this! Please don't give up and please friend the guys in the mens group they are awesome and they will help you I swear!
  • HisBeloved65
    HisBeloved65 Posts: 186
    Options
    Okay obviously this brings up a lot of emotion for all of us and most definitely for you. PLEASE do me a favor! You don't know me, but at my current weight of 331lbs down from 371 I know your journey intimately. I see you are friends with BabyDuchess and she is good folks and thought the same of you so here goes the favor. Dude stick it out, friend me, friend all the guys in the Men over 250 looking to lose group and open your diary to us so we can give you as much help as possible. I'm serious! At our weight 10lb gains in one day is absolutely normal especially with a heavy work day. You think Damn! I should've lost, but if you are out of shape you are going to cause inflamation and that causes water retention. I'm telling you take the scale and toss it for now it'll drive you nuts. You probably dranlk more water after you worked all day than normal and probably had a high sodium intake. YOU LOST 13 FRICKEN LBS IN A COUPLE WEEKS BROTHER THATS SUCCESS NOT FAILURE! Please look at the precious little girl in your picture and that great lady whop is on here doing it with you and think twice before you give up the ghost. We can do this. I put 45lbs on in the past 15months before getting in gear, but the rest didn't happen overnighgt and yoru losses won't either, but they will come and you will be successful if you stick to it through the ups and the downs and there will be ups, just knwo they are not the end of the world. The goal is to string together more good than bad days and we'll do this! Please don't give up and please friend the guys in the mens group they are awesome and theuy will help you I swear!

Now THIS is support! honest. straight forward, understanding and kind. Amazing how if you try, a person can actually be kind and straight forward at the same time.... :-)
  • cowboy48
    cowboy48 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you are sticking around. It does take a lot of patience and determination to get the weight down to where you want it to be. I went from 320 pounds down to my current 175. Believe me when i tell you- IT WAS WORTH IT!! Every cake,cookie and pudding NOT eaten- every mile I ran, every exercise class I took. You can do this!! Good Luck!
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    WOW with so many comments so fast I cant quote all of them and respond so ill do it real quick right here. Yes, I felt down from this mornings weigh in. And thank you all the negative people that want to call me a quitter or they feel apauled because I felt like quitting your posts started becoming very funny and I was picturing you on a soap box preaching to everyone who read it like none of you ever thought about quitting so I am going to say this........GO PISS UP A ROPE.

For everyone else thank you for the kind supportive words I am not going to quit. I tried to friend as many as I can I love and appreciate the help. Thank you
    Now that's what I like to read!!! Not sure if I'm one of the one's meant to piss up a rope or not...I can deal with that..Glad to have you back either way! Congrats to your daughter..Daddy Loves You!
    You've lost in less then 2 weeks what took me 11 weeks to do. Be Happy!
  • Ballybabe1
    Ballybabe1 Posts: 57
    Options
    Sorry to hear it hasnt worked out as you expected in your first week or two, believe me I expect fast results too especially when you have really worked hard in those first days but remember fat is stubborn, it wants to stay put so it could take a little longer for our body to get used to your new regime, I started 8 weeks ago at 266 lbs and it hasnt been easy but I am now 248 lbs and you know its slow but its in the right direction. Remember too that lean muscle weighs heavier than fat and if you are physically working hard you will also be building lean muscle which will burn off more calories in the long run and build a much leaner healthier body, the one you want. It doesnt show on the scales at first, it takes time. Please try again, for yourself and your family and this time measure yourself, thigh, neck, chest, arm, waist etc, if the scales are not showing a loss, I bet you will see the inches coming off and this will help keep you motivated. Some weeks when I had no loss on the scales I would measure and see an inch off my waist or arms or chest and it would mean so much more because at the end of the day inches need to go to fit into smaller clothes etc and you can do it, give it another try, tell yourself you are not gonna give up until you have at least one month done and see if you see a difference on the scales and in your measurements. Best of luck and friend anyone here who is supportive, not anyone who attacks you because you found it hard. We all find it hard, we'd be skinny long ago if weight loss was easy. Take care of u, no one else can do it for you.
  • Ballybabe1
    Ballybabe1 Posts: 57
    Options
    Oh dear, now after writing my big long supportive post I read some of the later posts and realise you are still with us and doing well. Good on ya and 'Piss up a rope', thats hilarious !

Keep going, your worth it.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    He just boosted his self esteem, he's trying one and fitting in clothes that he hasn't worn in a very long time! I'm getting a modeling show in my living room :)

Also thanks to everyone who made supportive comments for RB, he really does appreciate it. OK, back to the "Look at What I can Fit into Now" modelling show.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    In 20 yrs, you'll likely be like my husband. Overweight, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes. He gave up pretty easily too over the years. He'd start to watch what he ate or begin to exercise, but then he wouldn't stick with it for any length of time. I just brought him home from the hospital Saturday for the 5th time this year. He had a cardiac stent placed in April, and is in cardiac rehab. 7-8 ER visits (3 by rescue squad), 5 admissions.

So go ahead, quit after less than a month of effort. My husband's current situation can be yours in due time.

^^^ This was my post a few hours ago. It may have come across as harsh, but I certainly didn't mean it to be. I was trying to make a point. I see that you have a very loving & supportive wife, and also that you've decided to press on. BRAVO!! Believe me, I love my husband very much & have been by his side no matter what, but his poor attention to health has really hurt not only himself, but his family. It HURTS and is frustrating watching someone go thru what he's been thru. Press forward. Be persistent. If you gain a few lbs, reassess, keep going. Don't give up! Not only will you benefit, but what a wonderful gift you will be giving your family. :flowerforyou:
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    He just boosted his self esteem, he's trying one and fitting in clothes that he hasn't worn in a very long time! I'm getting a modeling show in my living room :)

Also thanks to everyone who made supportive comments for RB, he really does appreciate it. OK, back to the "Look at What I can Fit into Now" modelling show.

Woohoo!!! Fitting in clothes that were once too tight... best feeling EVER!!! :)
  • yyzdnl
    yyzdnl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    WOW with so many comments so fast

Wow you ain't kidding, posting a holiday whiny story sure gets the hits. I think everyone here should go shoot fire works. I swear, I just came on to log my tree felling cals so I could go drink beer and eat ribs (fresh out of fireworks) and got suckered into this thread.

Note to self, log this mornings weigh in since I can already feel my muscles turning into soft water laden sponges. Sure to be 3 pounds heavier tomorrow.
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    WOW with so many comments so fast

Wow you ain't kidding, posting a holiday whiny story sure gets the hits. I think everyone here should go shoot fire works. I swear, I just came on to log my tree felling cals so I could go drink beer and eat ribs (fresh out of fireworks) and got suckered into this thread.

Note to self, log this mornings weigh in since I can already feel my muscles turning into soft water laden sponges. Sure to be 3 pounds heavier tomorrow.

HAHAHAHAH.
    i laughed so hard at this.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to put on the weight? It will take even longer to lose it. I know the first bit can be rough, but if you want this, you have to be able to stick with it even when it's not going easy. Also, step away from the scale. Weighing yourself all the time when you have that kind of mentality won't help.
  • Lisas30th
    Lisas30th Posts: 11
    Options
    Every time in the past I quit I wish I hadn't.
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hi there
    well we all have days when you dont get what you expected but keep trying it will pay off just look at the members on here so win and some lose but they keep on going I would say give it a month or to then think about it as you have not given it any time at all so please done lose out
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options

That's great to hear. I'm glad you're in it together. It'll help you both stick to it and weather the rough times together as well as give you something to mutually celebrate. Hang in there. :)
  • Poniesarepretty
    Poniesarepretty Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    There is something to be said for being honest with yourself. If you arent ready for the long term commitment, then it just isn't the right time for you yet. I understand about gaining and plateaus. I was in one for over 5 months, now I am losing again. I was obese in middle- high school and have struggled every day since to not be that girl again. It takes hard work, determination and long term thinking. Who cares what the scale said this week? Think of how it will look in a year. Eating less and exercising more (if you are honest in reporting) will move the scale eventually. I have never seen someone gain weight on Survivor. Ha ha. Just come back or do something similar when you are ready and dont be to hard on yourself. I have been there, it just makes things worse. Life is short, remember to be thankful that this ( weight) is what you are worried about.
  • nanberube
    nanberube Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to hear you are not going to quit. You've lost 13 pounds in a month, I wish I could do that. Stay focused and you will have success. You have to want to lose weight for the right reasons and want it badly enough. The time may not be right for you, but if it is, you will lose. Slower is healthier and better for you, (1 pound a week). Don't knock weight loss surgery, I have a lap band and glad I did it. I've been on the weight roller coaster for too long and couldn't take it anymore. The time was right for me. Keep the faith. Feel free to send me a friend request. Good luck with your journey.:flowerforyou:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

I'm glad your man has decided to stick it out and all but....

What's this modelling show business? Has this thread turned him into a frickin' girl or something? Tell him to go lift some free weights. Heavy ones! And when he's done drop them on the scale so they are out of use for a month or so.

Bonne chance to the both of you ;)
  • HisBeloved65
    HisBeloved65 Posts: 186
    Options

SWEET! Now thats a measurement!