Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Earthing/Grounding

Options
1235»

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    I think stress management is maybe the most overlooked aspect of health management.

Indeed...
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    ouryve wrote: »
    What do I think? I think I would end up with broken glass embedded in my feet and probably a smear or two of dogshit.

I'll not be earthing myself on any British pavements, even if it was a thing.

Pavement is not "earth".

Pavement is on the earth's surface, ain't it?

Oh, so mud, then?

Definite dogshit territory. Sorry.

Harking back to student days, sometime last century, when there were people who did the while all day barefoot thing, in the middle of a city. Muppets.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    JaneSnowe wrote: »
    Asphalt comes from the earth, so it counts. QED.

Hey, if walking barefoot on asphalt works for you, go for it. Different strokes and all that jazz.

I said QED. So it's good for everyone.

I grew up walking barefoot so much that I (and my friends) could walk on asphalt when the weather was in the high 90s. I've softened up a bit since then. When I was living on the beach I'd also jog barefoot. I love that feeling. To the people who get shocked by the idea and worry over injuries, you're right to some extent, feet take time to adapt, but it feels wonderful once they do. There's just no real magic to it other than the feeling. I also deadlift barefoot much of the time. Chucks are okay, but not perfect.

Agreed. But you will also end up crusty *kitten* feet so don't plan on strappy slingy sexy high heels anytime soon. Here's a pic of my feets back in the day.
    500x1000px-LL-390731a7_DSCN1746.jpeg

Hawt! But, okay, I'll mark strappy 6" heels off my shopping list. I don't know if my little black dress will work with flats though.

Trust me. No one will be looking at your feet when you put on your dress.

O.M.G. That is sooo sweet!!!! You really think?

Given that you're obviously baring your *kitten*, out of camera shot, in your profile pic, people really won't be looking at the shoes.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    ouryve wrote: »
    What do I think? I think I would end up with broken glass embedded in my feet and probably a smear or two of dogshit.

I'll not be earthing myself on any British pavements, even if it was a thing.

Pavement is not "earth".

Pavement is on the earth's surface, ain't it?

Yeah, but it doesn't count if your grounding. Because... rules. And... feels. You have to be in direct contact with the earth - no pavement, no floor of the house, no shoe soles, etc. UNLESS of course you'd like to purchase a grounding mat for only $49.99! It will somehow bend the laws of woo to allow you to benefit from grounding without getting dirty :naughty:

Where can I get this magical mat? :bigsmile:

ETA: Ugh, I saw your next post about it. That's insane. :noway:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Asphalt comes from the earth, so it counts. QED.

Hey, if walking barefoot on asphalt works for you, go for it. Different strokes and all that jazz.

I said QED. So it's good for everyone.

I grew up walking barefoot so much that I (and my friends) could walk on asphalt when the weather was in the high 90s. I've softened up a bit since then. When I was living on the beach I'd also jog barefoot. I love that feeling. To the people who get shocked by the idea and worry over injuries, you're right to some extent, feet take time to adapt, but it feels wonderful once they do. There's just no real magic to it other than the feeling. I also deadlift barefoot much of the time. Chucks are okay, but not perfect.

Agreed. But you will also end up crusty *kitten* feet so don't plan on strappy slingy sexy high heels anytime soon. Here's a pic of my feets back in the day.
    500x1000px-LL-390731a7_DSCN1746.jpeg

I love that towel! And those legs go on forever! What product do you use for hair removal? I don't see a single hair.