low carb Does work!!!!

Options

Replies

• domgibson88
    domgibson88 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Loosing 5 or 6 pounds of water is a start!!!!and I'm not struggling with the lifestyle so will keep going...all I'm saying is don't knock it till you try it :)
    How do you know I haven't tried it ?

There are many methods to get to a calorie deficit so people find what works for them. No one is saying low carb doesn't work. It just may not work for some people. This is a diverse board with many people who have many styles of eating (I refuse to say WOD I hate that acronym, lol). Everyone wants to give their two cents so don't take it personal.

If you tried it...and it doesn't work...move on to the next helpful suggestion....I am in no way saying this works for everyone.
  • BarbellzNBrotein
    BarbellzNBrotein Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    synacious wrote: »
    Except your rant has no basis because when most people talk about low carb, they are not speaking about a slight shift in macronutrients nor playing with macronutrients for personal satiety. They're talking about banning all "bad" carbs, which don't exist by the way, and only eating a small amount of complex carbs if at all.

I personally find that I do best with a higher fat/protein percentage on most days myself, but does that mean I'm going to recommend my personal macro split to others? Nope. Sometimes I'm just fine on a 50C, 30F, 20P split, other times my body craves a 30C, 40F, 30P split. That all has to do with my personal needs depending on what exercises I've done that day, my menstrual cycle, etc.

When people are struggling with feeling full, one of the first things recommended here is to make sure that person is getting enough fat and protein in their diet so I don't know which forum you've been reading but it sure can't be this one. The only time I see anyone discourage anything related to low carb is when someone posts they aren't losing weight regardless of doing everything "right" and someone comes along suggesting to cut carbs as if that's the solution and not the improper logging, underestimation of food intake and/or overestimation of exercise calories that's hindering the person to begin with.

Furthermore, unless you are severely obese, you did not lose six pounds of fat in two and a half weeks; you lost mostly water with a bit of fat. This is another reason people get all aboard the low carb hype train. They lose a bunch of water weight within the first few weeks, it tapers off, they reintroduce carbs, "gain" weight and all of a sudden they're back to square one. If eating less carbs works for your hunger levels then that's great for you and keep doing what you're doing, but in the end the only thing that will work for you and everyone else that wants to lose weight is a calorie deficit, regardless of your personal macro split.

I get your point, I really do but it's difficult to adhere to anything you have to say with the undertone of bitterness your displaying here. Are you trying to help folks or are you just trying to come across like a guru? Lighten up a little.

I am far from a guru and don't even think of myself as anything of the sort. Additionally, since it is text, I can see how my post may be interpreted as one with an undertone of bitterness but I didn't have that emotion when I was typing a response to the post. I'm a very straightforward individual who attempted to lay out all of my points without sugar coating or put downs. Some people on this forum have found my posts to be helpful, others have found me too harsh; the only thing I can do is post my thoughts as they occur.

You are straightforward and that's a trait I also share. However the way something is worded can take away from the message if you know what I mean. Personally I didn't have a problem, but for others it would be nice if they can pick up as much knowledge as they can from these threads. I'm sure they will now knowing you're a lovely person.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    If you tried it...and it doesn't work...move on to the next helpful suggestion....I am in no way saying this works for everyone.
    Yes! I am now on an all-carrot diet. Not only have I lost three pounds, but I'm dating this real sexy rabbit.

i spit my drink.
  • domgibson88
    Options
    ziggy2006 wrote: »
    Now I'm not saying this works for everyone but I've lost 6 pounds in 2 and a half weeks doing this, it's working for me...

I am going a bit OT here, but I would like to gently and respectfully submit that two and a half weeks might not be sufficient time for anyone to know with certainty that they have found what will work for them. Consider keeping your mind open to the idea of making adjustments as needed in order to achieve your goals rather than getting caught up in this idea of have to join one of the opposing sides in a diet war.

I think it is great that you've found something that you enjoy, believe in, and is helping you to drop weight. My experience has been that calories in vs. calories out determine weight loss success, but there is plenty of room for personal preference in the selection of foods consumed as well as energy expenditure. I eat high volume low calorie density foods while my husband is successful eating lower carb.

I wonder if you keep track of your calories consumed. While your scrambled egg with salsa breakfast is higher in calories than your Cheerios breakfast, eliminating the snacking between meals might mean that your calories consumed are actually lower following your new plan. That is how it works for my husband, so CICO actually does explain his weight loss, and low carb is simply a tool he utilizes to reduce his hunger and ensure a calorie deficit.

Yup, I track my calories and am now within goal
  • domgibson88
    Options
    So, I'm sick of when people on here say they are struggling and someone on here suggests low carb and then another person berates them and says it's all about calories eat as much as you want but stay within the calories but heres the thing, did that and could not stay within my calories because carbs don't keep me satiated....they satisfy for an hour then I'm hungry again.. For example I used to have cheerios for breakfast but by first break at work (930) I was starving and usually grabbed a cookie or bag of chips...now I have 3 scrambled eggs with salsa (more calories) but I'm good till lunch!!I may have a small healthy snack like some Spitz or a handful of almonds but that's it!!!Now I'm not saying this works for everyone but I've lost 6 pounds in 2 and a half weeks doing this, it's working for me...so when someone on here suggests low care it is a VALID suggestion...the whole "eat whatever you want and stay within calorie goal" is not the ultimate answer so don't be quick to judge someone's suggestion.. Different lifestyles work for different people.

I bolded what was the actual problem for you. How about grabbing something low calorie instead of cookies and chips?
    BTW. cookies and chips? Loooooots of fat.

What I've said on here many times when I get to The point where I'm starving I have no self control and go for unhealthy stuff, eating a low carb high fat meal allows me to not feel that way and I can get away with a handful of almonds or a healthy snack till I get to lunch cause at break, I am still satiated from breakfast.....
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I don't eat low carb, but a breakfast of Cheerios would make me a raving lunatic. For me, carbs + protein + fat for breakfast work best.
This discussion has been closed.