One Year Later, 100+ loss (pics)

Options

Replies

• clandrum1984
    clandrum1984 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look amazing. Your story is so inspiring.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Wow Dana, very impressive.. your hard work shows from the inside out! So glad you posted a thread of your success and struggles on the way. <3@emancipateurself

I saw your health thread a moment ago and found this link so I checked it out.. Fantastic :wink:
  • Monna2
    Monna2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how your beautiful facial features popped after.you lost weight. I wish the same for me.
    You're beautiful. :smile:
  • WeightWatcher67
    WeightWatcher67 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful & happy!! Thanks for sharing your inspiring story with us-very motivating!! :)
  • Moonlitriver17
    Moonlitriver17 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are beautiful! And such an inspiration. I'm a Kitten too.
  • julialavergne
    julialavergne Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're beautiful! Congrats! <3
  • maryrice702
    maryrice702 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!!! You always were beautiful!!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You are beautiful at any size! And you are worth the effort you are putting in. Hard work always pays off! WELL DONE!!!!
  • Sherryjones1018
    Sherryjones1018 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know your posting is a couple years old and I hope you are doing well. I'm new to this journey and was inspired by your story. I'd love to hear how you managed to tuff it out and be so successful after one year. God bless and wishing you continued success. You look great!
  • fbcallicoat
    fbcallicoat Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You are a hottie! Congrats. I've been down some of that same road myself.

Had a health crisis that put me in the hospital on 10/31/15. It was an acute staph infection brought on by stress, overwork, and ignoring my Type 2 diabetes.

Got out of the hospital 12/11/15 and have never looked back. Went on a High Fat, Low Carb diet and started daily exercise the very next day. Many days I don't want to, but I kick myself in the @ss and do it anyway.

Today I'm 95 lbs. lighter than I was when I entered the hospital. (My profile pic is a before pic.) My waist is now a 30-31" size, my suit size went from 50+ to a 40R. And like you, I'm completely off insulin and all prescription meds. I run 5-7 miles nearly every day.

I'm thin (5'10", 169 lbs.), I'm tan and I can do aerobic activity for HOURS. LOL. I love life and I'm no longer depressed or suicidal, which I was when my life collapsed. I thank God for it all.

Keep up the great work, babe. You look magnificent.
  • JustHilsie
    JustHilsie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    thanks for this post
  • boringdanielle
    boringdanielle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I was having a poor me day...I have fallen on the wagon and had the wagon run over me. Then I read this!! Wow! Just what I needed today!! What an inspiration...you look wonderful. Keep on..keeping on. I have no doubt you will reach your goal. :smile:
  • Ani2bfit
    Ani2bfit Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your transformation!!! You look amazing! Thanks for sharing your story here! This is totally inspiring!!!
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing your story. You look amazing. Beautiful both before and after. Keep up the good work.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Congrats!
  • sussudio83
    sussudio83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are stunning! Your story is an inspiration. Thank you for sharing!
  • GiveHerWingsSheWillFly
    Options
    Keep going! You've got this :)
  • griffithm1
    griffithm1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yassss! You look gorgeous! I am so happy for you! I took my soon to the docor he had not been to in a few years and it didnt occur to me that they hadnt seen me in a while. Tge docor couldnt help himself i guess and blurted out, "Did you have gastric bypass?" in the middle of the exam. Congrats again!
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You are amazing. It takes strength to change and you have proved that you have it! I'm cheering you on here- hope to see another progress post down the line. Wishing you a lot of success and happiness!!! Thanks for sharing :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!