One Year Later, 100+ loss (pics)

Options
Hey everyone so today is my one year anniversary on MFP. It has been a painful/heartbreaking process as well as a beautiful one. My heighest recorded weight was 362.5 pounds I believe I have weighed more however. I've always been an overweight/obese person even in my childhood. I was always the 'fattest' girl in the room. I'm used to people spitting on me and calling me names and being rejected every day from society. I sufferred from really bad self-esteem, depression, type 2 diabetes (injected insulin five times a day) and very high blood pressure. I remember being almost hospitilized for my diabetes and always having a really red face and sweating and just feeling so sick. I had doctors tell me I wouldn't make it to thirty years old.

I don't have alot of pictures of myself but the ones to follow here are from around 2010.

3601.jpg

36013.jpg

360.jpg

I was seeing a bariatric surgeon who promised me from the time I saw him to my surgery day it would be around 3-5 years. In June 2011 I had already been seeing him for 7 years an he told me he would now accept me for surgery after I had recently lost 40 pounds. I had lost 40 pounds by going through a seperation from my husband, stress and trying to not eat every meal at Mcdonalds (which was one of my big weaknesses as well as CHIPS). Well my surgeon let me know that it would be another 3 years until my surgery date. Something inside of me snapped. I just got really mad. Mad at the system, mad at the world, mad at myself and thought "*kitten* THIS, I'll do it myself".
My friend Heather told me about MFP....so I signed up.

It's been a year. I now weigh 244.8 pounds and have another 54 to loose. I have cried and had mental break downs about every ten pounds down. I have gone through having to deal with my emotions for the first time instead of stuffing them down with food. I have had to learn about coping skills, what food really is and how screwed up society really is about one's size. I am continualy shocked about how 'fat' people are treated differently and the judgements that are passed to them. I have a ways to go and I know I will get there. I no longer take insulin for my diabetes, infact I am on zero medication for diabetes, I control it through diet and excercise. I am on one blood pressure medication out of five. I can breathe, I can dance I can laugh.

2501.jpg

250.jpg

2502-1.jpg

I always eat my excercise calories, I own an HRM and love the gym. I have my bad days as a former binger and it still happens but I get right back up an start again. Thanks for reading and I wish everyone success no matter how small or big their goals may be.

Replies

• Cuna77
    Cuna77 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I rarely ever reply to these types of posts, but I just wanted to say that you're wonderful. <3 I love your story and I admire your strength. You did a fantastic job, and you look amazing!

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai

This
  • WittneeT29
    WittneeT29 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Absolutely incredible!! You should be beyond proud of yourself!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,998 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful. You are strong enough to complete this, let no one tell you different. Congratulations.
  • laurels12
    laurels12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You look totally AMAZING!! So many congratulations on your achievement! You should be so proud of yourself x
  • acresfield
    acresfield Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration. Fantastic progress!
  • pinklily905
    pinklily905 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You are definitely inspiring! And wow...you look great! Happy 1 year!
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Very inspiring!
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Your transformation is amazing! Look at those eyes - so full of life! Congratulations :drinker:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You are a beautiful young woman and you should be extremely pround. Congratulations!!!!
  • Natty0506
    Natty0506 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You look like a completely different person!! Way to go!
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    You look amazing :-) Keep up the great work!
  • madfreebird
    Options
    Congrats, I hope I will be able to look back in a year and have as much of an impressive transformation!
  • DasArab
    DasArab Posts: 2
    Options
    WoW, brilliant, keep up the good work :D
  • doxiegal13
    doxiegal13 Posts: 35
    Options
    You are a very strong woman. Great job.
  • AlexanderK1994
    AlexanderK1994 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You just look so much happier! :) Congrats on your journey so far and keep up the amazing work!
  • Jamee_J
    Jamee_J Posts: 63
    Options
    Fantastic! I hope in one year I will have been that successful! Great accomplishment!
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!!! I am doing this out of anger too, so I feel ya.
  • mkhediguian
    mkhediguian Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME!

You should be proud of yourself for setting a goal of leading a healthier life and reaching it!

Thank you for sharing your story!

Keep kicking butt and taking names!
  • Smileyawaw
    Smileyawaw Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!! Great job! You should be VERY proud of what you have accomplished!! You look fantastic!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!