Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @janetay01 Fantastic! A weekend of gardening and under calories sounds like success in my book. That is a great goal. I am amazed at how much difference 10 pounds go.

@spyro88 Welcome to the thread. I am sure you can do this. Just keep getting back on track, it is okay if you take a step or two off the path once in awhile as long as you find your way back.

@ngolden3320 Sounds like a fun weekend. Did she do well?

@FitEqualsSmile All that cleaning has to burn some great calories. You can make it through this weekend. Hope the MRI goes well. (I would probably not drink either)

My weekend was crazy busy, I did my nephew's party, spent some time at the pool with the kids, and packed and packed and did I mention I packed?

I had to NSV this weekend. Noticed my swim suit is fitting better, Even the SO noticed. :)
    Best one was Saturday I was super stressed and all I wanted to do was eat the box of assorted chocolate sitting on my counter. I mean the whole box. I decided not to even eat one, because if I did I would really eat them all. Instead I took a short walk. Go me..

Right now my goal is to lose 30 pounds by end of September (Yes it is a stretch, but aim big)

Cw down 11 pounds.
    Weigh in tomorrow.
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Here goes-

Start date: 07/18/16
    Goal: 15 lbs down by November 1st :)

Happy Monday!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy - you sound just like me. If in doubt don't eat one as it is a really fast downward slope.

@Rachel0778 - I remember those days when my kids, and we, were young. Now that they are mostly grown we are definitely slowed down and it is nice. Graduation and wedding season gets going but other than that it is a lot of deck sitting. Love it. Good luck and plan some "off" weekends in your schedule. It will help with everything.

I love all the goals.

Well gym down, windows are being installed and I even managed a shower before they got here so my day has been a success :)

Goal - 15 pounds by 10/6
    7/11 start :#
    7/18 3.7 down 11.3 to go
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @Rachel0778 / @FitEqualsSmile / @MeinProgress - Alright ladies… I’m going to be completely honest. I did not do well this weekend! I’ve done much worse but I didn’t do as well as I had hoped. (not even close) Friday I gave myself the evening to have a few “good” beers… we were working outside on the Jeep all evening. Saturday we ended up at our favorite Mexican restaurant drinking margaritas at lunch (I was sharing a large one with a friend then 2 more got ordered…) ugh! Went to a wedding reception that evening and did OK there… I only had 1.5 light beers and small plate of food. Yesterday we did OK… we went on our first Jeep run with friends and had a few light beers at each stop but then went for pizza after the run was over. :( I've defintly determined I'm a follower when it comes to the weekend "fun train". I will follow the crowd and this weekend we ran around with a different group of friends and I noticed if the girls were drinking water...I drank water...if the girls had a beer...I had a beer. (Back to my learning to take responsibility of my own actions-*stop looking to others for how I should make my choices! *)

I have bootcamp tonight so I will sweat out a lot of the sodium but I’ve got to figure out a way to stay focused amongst all of the random things we do on the weekend. I think I’m going to set some reminders to go off on my phone thru out the weekend…. “STAY FOCUSED ON YOUR GOALS”, “TAKE RESPONSIBILTY FOR YOUR ACTIONS”, “MAKE HEALTHIER DECISIONS”, “WILL YOUR CHOICES MOVE YOU TO YOUR GOAL?”, "POST WEIGH IN ON MFP TWICE A WEEK" (LOVE THIS ONE @FitEqualsSmile ) - I'm in on posting my weight!

I want to lose 10 lbs by Labor Day 9/5 (6 weeks away) - that's aggressive (for me) but I need it at this point. I've got to learn to say NO to things that don't push me towards my goal!

Starting weight 164.2lbs - I will be posting twice a week b/c that's when my friend and I weigh in (Tue. and Sat)
    7/18 - 164.2 (to get me started with the group)

LET'S DO THIS!!!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    We did have a great time yesterday!!

92s777fovezp.jpg
  • stircrzy
    stircrzy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a great group, and wonderful goals. I only want to loose 10-20 lbs but I have been working and sliding and working and sliding on it for a while. So I guess now I am just working on taking care of myself and being consistent. I think if I can do that the weight will take care of itself.
  • harryhole987
    harryhole987 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in on weighing in. I didn't weigh myself this am. I was 213 on Friday hoping to be close to 190 if not under by October. Morning routine didn't go well for getting up early. Couldn't get to sleep last night early enough. It's looking very cloudy/not so nice weather here so no walking the dogs today. Will try for tomorrow.

Wheres here?
  • Kait_Dee
    Kait_Dee Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey Kids!

Sorry I've been MIA the past few weeks on the boards. Life has been busy, I'm currently on two weeks of business travel (10 days) and when I'm home I pretty much have two weekends of travel lined up into the middle of August, including a business trip to Vegas for a client dodgeball tournament (weird, I know). I'm still in active contest prep and am hitting the grind at 16 weeks in and ten weeks to go!

The preps of past are haunting me these days because I'm currently as mean as I was the last time I stepped on stage (competitive bodybuilding) and I'm moving into uncharteted territory with my capability..!

My coach cut calories a bit again yesterday which felt awful to hear, but I'm still over 1250 calories, so I can't really complain, I just like eating allllll the foods. I also had more cardio added - bleh.

Anyhow - it sounds like everyone had a great weekend for the most part and enjoyed themselves. Dieting or cutting weight in the summer can be so hard with all of the events and BBQs all over the place..... Mmmm.

Looking forward to reading more updates and being a bit more active this week.. I hope your Monday treated you well and you're having a great start to Tuesday!

I just finished my 30 minutes of cardio for this morning - how what's on deck for you guys today?!

SW: 260lbs (2010)
    Prep Start weight: 165lbs (March 21)
    CW: 148.3
    GW (Competition): 135lbs
    GW (Regular Daily): 155lbs

j8k566ts2alt.jpg

orleg5m5j0lx.jpeg
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @stircrzy & @harryhole987 I sent you both friend requests. @stircrzy I noticed that you are in Cleveland, we are almost neighbors. I live in Akron.

@ChangeIsADecision How are you liking your Jeep? My car is paid off in April of next year and I am thinking of getting one then.

@jdelaroy Great job on the NSV. It is so nice when other people notice a change in you. :)

@Rachel0778 I with you on the Mental Health Weekend. This summer has been to busy and it seems like extra hot.

@FitEqualsSmile Enjoy your graduation party this weekend. They are so much work. But so exciting. I hope you get good news with your MRI results.

Made it to the gym last night and worked up a good sweat while I was there. Yesterdays NSV for me was actually going to the gym. It was so hot and I was really close to talking myself out of it. I did however suck it up and go and once I got there I was glad I did. My arms and shoulders are a little sore today.
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    @ChangeIsADecision - we all have those weekends but I love the reminders, GREAT IDEA. Did look like you had a great time. Love the jeep rally.

@ngolden3320 - is your gym as hot as mine. Sometimes I think they don't even have the air on.

MRI hurt like a mother when they were injecting that die in yesterday but it is mostly gone this morning, just a little stiffness. Hoping I can shake it off before ariel yoga this morning. We had Thai for dinner last night. I was a good girl and stuck to the mixed veggies with brown rice but holy salt bomb. My body (and the scale) felt it this morning.

Have a great day everyone.

Goal - 15 pounds by 10/6
    7/18 3.7 down 11.3 to go
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy Great NSV!!!!

@ChangeIsADecision You are so right, it is so hard to resist the crowd when everyone else is ordering a margarita. I have to constantly ask myself, do I really want this? Keep us posted on how it's going!

@health_guard How did it go for day 2???

@stircrzy Welcome! I agree that weight follows habits, which ones are you working to implement?

@Kait_Dee Thanks for sharing your progress photos! Cutting weight sucks no matter what, but I agree it's extra hard in the summer. When's your upcoming event?

@ngolden3320 Way to go on the gym!

@FitEqualsSmile healthy thai options over Pad Thai (or my favorite Pad See Ew) is hard! Way to go! My scale is also mad at me for all the salt I've been eating. I finished off the pickle wedges last night so that should hopefully help. And I agree that I need to start booking time for myself. I got out of the habit, but I need a "me" day big time!

• Rachel0778
    Options
    I had a relaxing evening last night reading my book and watching Downton Abbey (love that show!). I feel better this morning but still strung too thin on the social calendar. My appetite has been out of control too, which is not helping me with my end of summer goals *sigh*. I did finally hop on the scale though, so 1 day late:

SW: 148
    Goal: -6 lbs by Thanksgiving

I decided to choose 6lbs by Thanksgiving because that means I will be down exactly 20lbs for my 1 year logging anniversary (and darned close to goal!). I just need to get my train back on the tracks.
  • Skiracer
    Skiracer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Yvonne and I was a member for awhile but dropped off the radar. Totally went off the rails….abandoned my workouts and my healthy diet and am now paying dearly for it. I am back in the saddle though, and determined to lose this weight, get strong and back to the true me. This will not be an easy journey for me, but I’m giving all that I’ve got. Today, I take control!!! I need to lose 30 pounds. I will need all the motivation I can find and in turn, promise to motivate and encourage all of you! Here's to us and reaching our goals!!!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @stircrzy welcome. You are always welcome to come hang out.

@Kait_Dee Wow, you look fabulous! Thanks for the early motivation

@ngolden3320 What a great NSV! You should be so proud of yourself. It is so easy to say no, and not take care of ourselves the way we deserve.

@Rachel0778 Great goal, you can do this. Glad you got a "me" evening. I was thinking about you when I did my weigh in this morning. I had a super late night, moving the exes crap out of my house. The babysitter ate my dinner. Ended up eating chili cheese fries at almost midnight. I was thinking, I am just going to skip my weigh in this morning and do it tomorrow like Rachel mentioned. I did it anyways. Down 1 pound :)

So had a stressful night as mentioned above. Bruised the back of my hand catching an entertainment center as it was falling off the truck, saved the center and the bf. Got it to its destination to be told to take it to Goodwill instead. I was so livid, and angry last night I had tears running down my cheeks. Luckily, the bf was there to keep me calm. I was ready to deck someone, no I am not normally a violent person even when angry.

So, my NSV for yesterday: I didn't deck anyone, and my pants fell down on my way into the house after moving last night.

SW 250
    CW 238/Down 12 pounds
    GW 220 (End of September)
  • Kait_Dee
    Kait_Dee Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @stircrazy - welcome! what a great attitude... You're number one ...!

@health_guard - here's to hoping you get some movement in .. it's always tough in the morning. This morning was the first time I've done morning cardio in forever. I can't say I loved it ..... but it wasn't the worst thing in life (I guess .. haha)

@FitEqualsSmile - I hope the stiffness goes on and doesn't hamper your day and I hope everything comes back ok. Mmmm.. Thai. <3

@ngolden3320 - great work on making it to the gym! It's hard when it's so hot. I'm in NJ on business right now and the heat and humidity are ridiculous.

@Rachel0778 - Thanks for the support! It's a tough slog right now, I've been cutting for 16 weeks and have another 10 to go before the contest. I compete on September 24 in Washington State... As far as your goal, totally attainable, Miss! You can do it! :smile: A year of logging too - that's an achievement in itself.

@Skiracer - welcome back! I'm pretty new, myself ... Glad to have you along for the journey!

@jdelaroy - Thanks for the support :smile: -- Sounds like a stressful night for you last night, sorry to hear it... Glad you're okay other than a bruised hand. I hate it when things go sideways like that; especially when you're tired and hungry and nothing seems to be going right!! I hope today is a better day for you - congrats on the loss. :smiley:

Mid-day here in the East ... Just about to hit the road to go to another client site, I hope everyone is having a solid start to their Tuesday!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    Hey Ya'll.... Bootcamp was good last night. Although I was late getting there... I swear Murphy Law's gets me every time! I swear I thru my tank top in my bag... I go to change after work and i packs a pair of my husband's BOXERS! :open_mouth: Same color as my tank top... GRRRR :p Anyway, got there a little late but we did a good workout with tires, milk jugs, sand bags and walking.

@ngolden3320 - We are <3 LOVING <3 the Jeep!! So much fun. I highly recommend getting one! I've had a few Jeeps in my childhood (parents had a couple) and adult years (had one with my first marriage) - The love never die!!

@Rachel0778 - It is SO HARD! But I have to decide do I want to continue to follow and never lose the weight (which it's starting to weigh on my self confidence *no pun intended*) or do I want to cut back (not completely), still have fun but be sensible and gain some self confidence back!?

Hope all is well with everyone... I'll check in later with an Insta update from last night. B)
  • MeinProgress
    MeinProgress Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Long day!!! Think I'll go home and get some yard work done
  • FitEqualsSmile
    Options
    @Rachel0778 - glad you got some time for yourself. Keep it up.

@skiracer - welcome back. Feel free to add me. I am on and off but try to keep at it :)

@jdelaroy - I love the stories where people lose their pants. I have to say this has never happened to me but I think that is because I love to shop, hehe. Good job sticking to plan and not killing someone.

Well today is day two of cookie Armageddon. I am going to use the scale as motivation today as it was down a pound this morning and I already have lunch with sister and mother today. God deliver me for chocolate chips.

So this morning is cookie hell, breakfast, painting chairs, trainer and then errand hell. Hope everyone else has an equally productive day.

Goal - 15 pounds by 10/6
    7/18 3.7 down 11.3 to go
  • MeinProgress
    MeinProgress Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    We are having a big ol' pizza party at work today....I hope to make it through unscathed ;)
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @Skiracer Welcome back Yvonne!

@jdelaroy Great job weighing in! I'm glad the scale rewarded your bravery. The scale and I have had an abusive relationship in the past so I only hop on when I'm in the right mindset (Monday definitely wasn't it lol)

@Health_guard My significant other is the same way. Mornings are not everyone's thing :)

@Kait_Dee 10 weeks to go, I hope that time flies by for you and that you rock that competition!

@ChangeIsADecision You're absolutely right, we all have to figure out a balance that's livable and makes us feel good. There's got to be a balance in there somewhere!

@FitEqualsSmile Let the cookiemageddon commence! When is all the craziness over for you?

@Meinprogress You've got this! You've got the plan in place to succeed