Replies

• _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I thought this was open and shut. Sad.
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    It's sickening. Funny she can cry now....where were the tears when her baby was "missing" for 31 days???? I guess all of the "alibi" stories the defense presented were enough to cast doubt in TWELVE jurors minds.... Just like with OJ - getting away with murder!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    The law does not necessarily equate to justice.
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    They jury can only do so much. My boyfriend was just a part of a trial where he so very much wanted to convict a guy but he just couldn't because the evidence wasn't there. They have so many rules and so much that has to be proven to get a guilty verdict. And all of the jurors have to agree...

It's not a problem with the people, it's a SEVERE problem with the system. That horrible woman will get what's coming to her eventually.

That is true, But ....still she admitted to Choraforming her daughter so she could go out to the clubs. Tell me thats not child abuse. She overdosed her and left her in the trunk of her car and they had proof of that! Its just so sad....Our juicial system is all out of wack!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I'm so sick to my stomach, can't even eat my lunch!! I'm in total shock!!!
    Casey showed more emotion being found not guilty then she did for the lose of her daughter.
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm not believing it. OJ all over? Are you kidding me?
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I haven't really been following the story...so what is it that makes everyone think she's guilty?
    I think the main thing is the fact that she hid the "truth" for 31 days...lied about where her daughter was, etc. There is a whole lot of grey matter in this case, with her parents included.
  • SlowlyLosingLolita
    SlowlyLosingLolita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The verdict does make me angry, but I think Karma will get her.
    Think about it- In trying to save her own *kitten*,she ruined her relationship with everyone who had been supporting her-Friends and her Family for sure. None of them will come to her aid after this.
    She won't be able to make new friends to mootch off of because everyone knows what kind of person she really is now.
    She doesn't have that mask of the sweet girl anymore.
    She'll never be able to get a job. Not even flipping burgers somewhere. Everywhere she goes, everyone will blame her for it.
    She won't be able to go shopping without getting confronted and screamed at or have things thrown at her. Oh, and the whispers. Everywhere she goes, people will point and whisper about how she should have gotten the chair.
    She will constantly be reminded of what she did and constantly be held accountable by society instead of getting to sit in a tiny room and watch tv for 50 years.
    For someone who cared SO much about their self image, I think it's almost poetic in a way.
  • Kalbright79
    Options
    People get away with killing kids everyday. I only pray there is an after life and a God! Because I'll be waiting when they cross over!

It's "OJ" all over again.

I totally AGREE!!!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I think she was guilty, but I'm not on the jury. I'm not judging by the same standards that they are REQUIRED to judge by. And, from what I've read about the trial, I think I would have had to have returned a not guilty verdict, too. Do I believe that she did it? Heck yes. But that is based on my gut, my emotions. Do I believe the prosecution proved their case? Did they present a situation that proved to me, LOGICALLY (not emotionally) and beyond a reasonable doubt that she did it? No. Not even close.

All I can say is, that I truly hope little Caylee is in a better place. That little girl should not be gone, and whatever led to her death was a horrible tragedy.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you. The fact that the whole crime scene where she was buried at was completely a mess is detrimental to the case. If she was abusive before she did it.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but to not report your daughter missing for a month then she winds up dead? And after the wild goose chase she put law enforcement on after that by fabricating story after story? That ***** is guilty, and those jurors should forever carry the heavy weight on their hearts for letting that little girl's murderer go.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    im local to this story so we've been following it since she was reported missing.
    here a link to the story
    http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2011-07-05/story/casey-anthony-found-not-guilty-first-degree-murder
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    Literally in tears. No justice for that poor little girl.
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    you know what .... this is awful. she killed that little girl. this isn't the end of it though. Casey Anthony will NEVER be able to walk down the street, go into a store, go out to eat, NOTHING without being surrounded by people shouting "murderer!" and trying to harm her, or worse .....

We can only hope! Because honestly she deserves so much worse than that. The way she was smiling and giggling in court after the verdict made me sick to my stomach.

agreed. you know there will be those who know where she lives and try to burn down her house, or do something. the woman is going to have to live in a tent in the middle of the african safari if she ever wants to go a day without someone reminding her that she got away with murder, that she's a sick woman, and doesn't deserve to walk free. I'm disgusted.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Think about it- In trying to save her own *kitten*,she ruined her relationship with everyone who had been supporting her-Friends and her Family for sure. None of them will come to her aid after this.
    She won't be able to make new friends to mootch off of because everyone knows what kind of person she really is now.
    She'll never be able to get a job. Not even flipping burgers somewhere. Everywhere she goes, everyone will blame her for it.
    She won't be able to go shopping without getting confronted and screamed at or have things thrown at her. Oh, and the whispers. Everywhere she goes, people will point and whisper about how she should have gotten the chair.
    She will constantly be reminded of what she did and constantly be held accountable by society instead of getting to sit in a tiny room and watch tv for 50 years.
    For someone who cared SO much about their self image, I think it's almost poetic in a way.

I disagree. While we all hope that happens, unfortunately, people will forget all about who she is, and I bet within 2 years she can walk anywhere and not be recognized.
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Here is my take and it may not be popular. But the prosecution did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. Did Casey kill her daughter? Yes she did. Did the prosecution PROVE she did it? No, they dropped the ball. Instead of relying on evidence they just played on emotions. The defense was able to poke so many holes in what evidence the State did have and in the end the jury followed the evidence and not their emotions. I think that Jose Baez and Cheny Mason had great closing arguments the other day where they attacked the lack of hard evidence. That said, she did just get away with murder. But we all meet our maker one day and she will have to answer for her actions.
  • kdozier22
    kdozier22 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am just sitting here wondering what on earth is wrong with this world, and how someone such as that witch could get away with killing such a beautiful and innocent little girl? I sit here and watch my 17 month old run around and wonder how on earth someone could harm a child as sweet as that? I hope GOD gives her exactly what she deserves!
  • miseryhead75
    miseryhead75 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

Very well said!
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    SO SAD! :(
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    People are NOT STUPID...You people listen to a BUNCH of TV PUNDITS and go with THEIR Prejudices, they Skew evidence just like in Politics and YOU follow THEM. EVIDENCE...What can the Prosecutor PROVE?! Just like with O.J. the EVIDENCE was NOT there for MURDER! THIS is OUR system, do you want to Trash it because of a case YOU don't agree with every 20 years...HELL NO!

NOW MOVE ON!!!