New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Just got around to trying Orgain's new protein bar (chocolate chip cookie dough). Very small (about the length of my hand) but 140 calories so I can't complain. It wasn't bad and didn't have a strange taste, but I didn't care for it and won't be buying it again. Didn't taste like chocolate chip cookie dough to me, just tasted like a protein bar (if that makes sense). It was better microwaved but by itself it lacked any real sweetness. Can't imagine anyone craving this but I appreciate the company for trying! Haven't had other plant based bars as far as I know so maybe for a plant based bar it was good, just not something I would actively seek out given so many other options.

veqaiqri9yp9.jpg
  • Charis50
    Charis50 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    jmurray90 wrote: »
    uhm. not food wise, but those microfiber lash things, that you put on like mascara.... THEYRE AWESOME!!!

I'll Google this, but do you have a particular brand you like?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    OK I need this ASAP. If anyone beats me please let me know how it is! I just tried their buttermilk pancakes the other day and fell in love, so I really, really want this. I wonder if it'll taste good substituting egg whites for the eggs? Has anyone tried that with instant mixes?

8jbh235rgjdr.jpg

@hgycta I thought of you when I saw this on the website.
  • aimeetu
    aimeetu Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    Yep...the new peanut butter chocolate poptarts and Boston cream pie toaster strudels. :p

Have you seen the new Red Velvet pop tarts? Haven't bought them but they've almost made it in the cart a couple times!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    aimeetu wrote: »
    Yep...the new peanut butter chocolate poptarts and Boston cream pie toaster strudels. :p

Have you seen the new Red Velvet pop tarts? Haven't bought them but they've almost made it in the cart a couple times!
    I wasn't really too wild about them. I have really enjoyed the new flavors this year, aside from the watermelon.

• Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Charis50 wrote: »
    jmurray90 wrote: »
    uhm. not food wise, but those microfiber lash things, that you put on like mascara.... THEYRE AWESOME!!!

I'll Google this, but do you have a particular brand you like?

I'm curious too!
  • hgycta
    edited July 2016
    Options
    OK I need this ASAP. If anyone beats me please let me know how it is! I just tried their buttermilk pancakes the other day and fell in love, so I really, really want this. I wonder if it'll taste good substituting egg whites for the eggs? Has anyone tried that with instant mixes?

8jbh235rgjdr.jpg

@hgycta I thought of you when I saw this on the website.

I'm glad xD I honestly have the world's biggest obsession with pancakes. I tried IHOP's pineapple upside down pancakes last night even though I hate pineapple just because I never had it and I'm obsessed. The butter rum sauce was actually fantastic and made me enjoy it despite, again, hating pineapple (what's wrong with me?)

The Lil Buff Bakery mix finally came today though!!! I was going to indulge myself in Halo Top tonight but once I saw this my plans immediately changed and I ran to the Dollar Tree to pick up the unsweetened apple sauce. I hate cashew milk so I used almond, but here are my thoughts to those curious:
    LIKE: Woah, this thing was MASSIVE. Maybe you can tell by the picture, maybe not, but I cooked this thing in my largest bowl that I usually serve soup or pasta in when I'm having mad cravings. I flipped it over and it slid right onto a plate (I didn't even use pam to coat it go figure). If you're a volume eater and craving cake, go for it. This has your name all over it. First bites I REALLY enjoyed and it definitely does have an authentic, eggy cake taste to it!
    DISLIKE: After eating so much I began to feel a bit sick. Maybe it was because I tried half of it with this new icing recipe I found online (https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2114717), but maybe it was the cake itself, I don't know. I'll have to try it again to tell, but something about it after so many bites just began to taste fake. It has stevia and sucralose in the mix, but usually those don't bother me so this was kind of a shock. I only put the icing I made on half the cake and again, maybe I made it wrong but that icing was a complete flunk I would not recommend that recipe to anyone, it was very gritty and didn't mix well. Weird cooling effect from the erythritol, too. Next time I'll stick to my go-to protein glaze (mix Quest powder with a little amount of water until it's thick)
    Anywho, back to the cake. The price! Also a con!
    Would I buy again? Perhaps, but I need to make this again first to see if it was the icing I tried to make or the cake that made me feel a bit ill. Other than that I was very impressed, but not to the point where I wanted to buy more immediately. These five packs I got will probably last me a while. I love the nutritional profile of the mix, but flavor and preparation wise you can totally do the same thing with protein pancake mix. I do it with Kodiak Cakes ALL the time (making it in a mug with around 55g mix, just enough water to where it has my desired thickness and microwave for less than a minute). However, the pancake mix NEVER gets that large or eggy. I'll have to try making it like I made this and see if that makes it bigger somehow. For the time being, I prefer Redd's protein pancakes because they're equally as filling but also come with icing and more flavors.

So glad I tried it though, thanks for the referral code!!!

36pudgyhbcd7.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Just got around to trying Orgain's new protein bar (chocolate chip cookie dough). Very small (about the length of my hand) but 140 calories so I can't complain. It wasn't bad and didn't have a strange taste, but I didn't care for it and won't be buying it again. Didn't taste like chocolate chip cookie dough to me, just tasted like a protein bar (if that makes sense). It was better microwaved but by itself it lacked any real sweetness. Can't imagine anyone craving this but I appreciate the company for trying! Haven't had other plant based bars as far as I know so maybe for a plant based bar it was good, just not something I would actively seek out given so many other options.

veqaiqri9yp9.jpg

Darn, thanks for the review. SO many protein bars are these flops that just taste like your average bland bar, only some are fantastic. Was hoping this would be better.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited July 2016
    Options
    13524424_293243231019480_7121728456460158924_n.jpg?oh=013c0b17f01f662772f7eb463ae423f6&oe=581BBC82
    I tried the salted caramel. Was very yummy, I REALLY enjoyed it. Tasted like a caramel rice krispy. Very strong caramel flavor with hint of maple. Very large size for only 150 cals. Had nice icing drizzle on it too. WIll buy again if I can find. Tasted exactly like wwgmans caramel popcorn or kraker jack caramel popcorn flavor. 9/10

• Noreenmarie1234
    edited July 2016
    Options
    prem-200017.jpg

These were not good at all. Had the nasty "artifical protein bar" flavor that I can't stand. You know that "protein bar" flavor ALL protein bars used to have back in the day before they were popular, haha, THAT flavor. Would not recommend or buy again. Peanut flavor was not very good and was overpowered by the "protein bar" flavor. 2/10
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    whoopsie - Replied to a super old post as has been a while since opened this thread. Kindly disregard.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

I wasn't really too wild about them. I have really enjoyed the new flavors this year, aside from the watermelon.

That flavor was just wrong!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    35n11lg.jpg
    2wqdbtz.jpg

Both of these look delicious so I can't wait to try it.

Couldn't find a pic, but Entenmann's makes a French Toast flavored loaf cake now. It's very good-tastes just like french toast, and is nice and fluffy, great dipped in coffee.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

That flavor was just wrong!
    I pink lemonade did that flavor 10×s better

• oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    13524424_293243231019480_7121728456460158924_n.jpg?oh=013c0b17f01f662772f7eb463ae423f6&oe=581BBC82
    I tried the salted caramel. Was very yummy, I REALLY enjoyed it. Tasted like a caramel rice krispy. Very strong caramel flavor with hint of maple. Very large size for only 150 cals. Had nice icing drizzle on it too. WIll buy again if I can find. Tasted exactly like wwgmans caramel popcorn or kraker jack caramel popcorn flavor. 9/10

I've rarely experienced a company that has so minimal Internet presence; Professor Google is a bit stumped. Where did you find these?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    35n11lg.jpg
    2wqdbtz.jpg

Couldn't find a pic, but Entenmann's makes a French Toast flavored loaf cake now. It's very good-tastes just like french toast, and is nice and fluffy, great dipped in coffee.

I like those cheesecake bars as a treat but haven't tried the new flavors yet.

I avoid Entenmann's cakes though - I like them a little too much!
  • hgycta
    Options
    prem-200017.jpg

These were not good at all. Had the nasty "artifical protein bar" flavor that I can't stand. You know that "protein bar" flavor ALL protein bars used to have back in the day before they were popular, haha, THAT flavor. Would not recommend or buy again. Peanut flavor was not very good and was overpowered by the "protein bar" flavor. 2/10

Wow, I came so close to buying the mint flavor of this today when I was at Shoprite, so glad I didn't! However, I did buy the peanut butter chocolate chip flavor of this new Atkins bar they had. 200 calories so I'm really excited to see what it's like, but I've had some Atkins meal bars before and wasn't blown away so I'm nervous to get my hopes up TOO high!tltb4q0glt4s.jpg
    x5ulalexcsi4.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    35n11lg.jpg
    2wqdbtz.jpg

I bought the Chocolate, but haven't tried it yet.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

I KNOW! I was so surprised once I googled them after I found them. I actually found them in a rite aid as I was picking up my prescription. I thought hey I'll check out the bars, since I had to wait in line and they were new. Rite aid randomly has unique bars I've never seen elsewhere. I am going to order some of these though if I can find them online at a good price. I want to try the chocolate chip.