The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    It sure was quiet while I was gone...

Following up from a previous rant about a stupid coworker who called out all weekend so I had to work days...she gave her two weeks notice. W.T.F.

She's going to work at a car lot with her husband, probably more so so she can keep an eye on him and be with him 24/7. She's got to be making over $20/hour working here but will be making $10/hour.

AND, she borrowed against her 401K and makes payments every paycheck (I know this bc I have a 401K loan out right now). Now if you move to a job where the company we have here, is the provider at your new job, you're cool. However, if they aren't (or your new job doesn't have retirement) you have to pay the loan back in full, within 90 days.

And she borrowed the money to pay off a car for her hubby, who promptly sold the car for drugs. So she owes the money and has no car to show for it.

He's a winner. And she walking away from a career of at least a decade, to basically babysit him. I truly hope she made the decision after thinking about it a lot but I'm pretty sure she made it bc she's pissed everyone is talking about her behind her back.

Don't put your business out there if you don't want everyone talking about it. Just sayin...

THIS!

This is why I had VERY little initial sympathy or empathy for my coworker when her husband died because she put out EVERY complaint about him.

I hope your coworker figures her life out.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Well hopefully she pulls her head out of her rear before he completely ruins her. It's bad enough when a person destroys their own life, why do they have to take others with them?

In other news, it looks like I'm going to become a full- time daywalker soon. Can I still hang out with you guys?

Of course!
    I gotta say, I miss Frankie... :disappointed:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Well hopefully she pulls her head out of her rear before he completely ruins her. It's bad enough when a person destroys their own life, why do they have to take others with them?

In other news, it looks like I'm going to become a full- time daywalker soon. Can I still hang out with you guys?

Of course!
    I do too. It's nice to see her on IG occasionally with her awesome make up skills.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »

Of course!
    I do too. It's nice to see her on IG occasionally with her awesome make up skills.

No kidding! I keep thinking "I REALLY need to practice winging my liner..." :lol:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it really hasn't been the same in here without her...
  • sammie7474
    sammie7474 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I just found y'all! Can I join in? I work from 10 pm to 9 ish am four nights a week. After working this shift for so many years, I still can not find people who understand how this is so different than working days.
  • BodyByBex
    edited July 2016
    Options
    sammie7474 wrote: »
    Hi ! I just found y'all! Can I join in? I work from 10 pm to 9 ish am four nights a week. After working this shift for so many years, I still can not find people who understand how this is so different than working days.

Of COURSE!

Ugh... my ONE friend, I cannot get a hold of her and I want to hang out on Thursday if it's at all possible. Night shift REALLY put a damper on us hanging out...
  • xxsarahapril
    xxsarahapril Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    sammie7474 wrote: »

Of course!! We all work crazy hours and know what it's like! I work 10pm-6am or 11pm-7am 5nights a week in fast food :/ so welcome to the club
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Just popping in for a visit. We've been crazy busy so I haven't had a chance. Good to see you still here Lilaclovebird and Jennifer. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Just popping in for a visit. We've been crazy busy so I haven't had a chance. Good to see you still here Lilaclovebird and Jennifer. :smile:

WE MISS YOU!!!
    Come back and tell us about all the fabulous animals you've saved and all the *kitten* humans you wanted to punch in the face! :mrgreen:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Animal control brought in a cat for us. It was in a camper trailer on this guys property. The trailer caught fire with the cat inside. Surprisingly, it was not burned. We treated for smoke inhalation and after an hour in oxygen with steroid injections, she was doing OK. Now we just need to come up with a name. I said smokey but I'm getting out voted.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options

I may become a day walker too. I'll def still be popping in here if I do. Haven't heard one way or the other yet.

My mom was in town for the weekend and I way over indulged in the food category. Like way bad and it was awesome :smirk:
  • BodyByBex
    Options

I may become a day walker too. I'll def still be popping in here if I do. Haven't heard one way or the other yet.

My mom was in town for the weekend and I way over indulged in the food category. Like way bad and it was awesome :smirk:

Now I wanna be a daywalker! :sad:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Still no word. We're all kinda waiting for the woman to take her resignation back when she realizes how much of a mistake she's making.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    hi everyone!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Still no word. We're all kinda waiting for the woman to take her resignation back when she realizes how much of a mistake she's making.

Some people just..... ugh...
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    hi everyone!

Hi there!

• bethanie0825
    Options
    Hi!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member