Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,350 Member
    Options
    Annie - enjoy your camping, you will burn a lot of calories, setting up camp, hiking. Enjoy and have a good week.

Bought lemons/ limes and ginger root. Still too hot to air out and air quality is stinko - so I set up a couple containers of lemon/lime/ ginger water and will nurse them and add water until I am tired of it. I bought enough to share with others as the lemons/limes were on sale.

Amber, if we could get 1/4 of a 3 year old's energy in a pill we would be rich!! We would also be exhausted. When does he get a nap?? My cousin who babysat her grandchildren her first rule was if they could not nap when grandma did, they could not stay. Smart lady. Make sure you both get a nap.

BBL.
  • jordiblu
    jordiblu Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    add me if you want motivation and TIPS. my diary is open
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,890 Member
    Options

Hello Ladies~~

Welcome to the new faces!

Annie - have a great trip. Don't stress on the food; get in that activity!

Today was a really good day at work--of course it helped to know that tomorrow is a day off.
    I was in a happy mood today, but I did manage to over do the food just a bit. DH bought ice cream; I ate it. Tomorrow he leaves for a week, so I will be on my own. That should give me the edge I need.

Time for some trashy TV and then some insight meditation dharma talk.....

Hugs to all~~
  • calny
    calny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello All and Happy Saturday. Yes I am in a great mood. FINALLY- after months and months (March 12th I believe) I broke that number that would not budge!!!! I think I mentioned that since moving back north, I decided to try 3 months of actual meetings instead of online. I think I needed accountability. I dont know if it's a mix of being more active in this past week than 3 years combined. Not having time to eat so much or adding the accountability of meeting but I lost 4lbs!!!! I seriously did NOT expect that AT ALL!. The woman weighing me in said not to get excited many people lose a lot their first week. I told her, 1st week??!!! This has been since March!!!! I have the superduper kick in the butt I need and now ready to focus. Interestingly, I went to the - oh it's my cheat day, but I had so many errands to run that I have not had time to think about it, and when I did, I just was like- nah, I really dont feel like a sweet. Shocker right?! I think being happier has something to do with it as well. Heck, it has a lot to do with it.

Lana- I'm sending you my positive vibes. Your sister lives walking distance from me! I am on the Redwood City border. If you head out this way, let me know. Keeping you in my thoughts. Glad you had a good day and a break from DH this week to get you that edge. Are you getting testing etc at Sloan? I can't say enough about the care there. Wonderful facility.

Sara- 107?! Egads. Stay cool.

Hi Amber

Has anyone heard from Chammie? I could have asked that already- I have no memory anymore. I know someone mentioned they heard from Liz.

Have a great day-
    Jen
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Jen - Chamie has another name here, and yes she has found us. Liz and Chamie are MIA at the moment.

Great weigh in!! Keep up the good work.

Frozen banana with almond butter for dessert. Only 103 today, which is at least lower.

Find me in hammock under Lana's Palm tree snoring with Miss Tillie.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Early morning here, and cool enough for me to chance the air quality and open the windows for a little bit.

Dog is up and fed and we will find a little more sleep before the day starts.

Not much on tap here as I did so much of it yesterday.

Lana - have a great day off!!

Will stop by after errands.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Happy Sunday All~~

Sara - I read back a bit and saw that your blood testing was all within normal. I am so happy for you! If memory serves, you are the gal who managed to get off of blood pressure meds, right?
    I got your cards out of my mailbox yesterday evening and opened them in the right order. They are wonderful! I laughed out loud when I read each of them, and DH was wondering what the heck was making me so happy.
    Thank Tillie for me, and I am glad to see an actual photo of one of our Cabana Boys! He is drop-dead gorgeous. That one was really funny.

Jen - Congratulations on that amazing weigh in. Four pounds is thrilling. I am happy for you because I know what it's like to be stuck.
    I am going to try to get into Mem. Sloan Kettering for care. My doctor referred me to somebody else, and I will go to that appointment on Wednesday to get a 2nd opinion in advance, but tomorrow I am using the MSK suggested list of questions to "Ask Your Insurance Company". Hopefully I will get good answers from Aetna, and then I can call for an appointment at MSK.
    Good luck with your new job starting tomorrow!!!

My sister (18-year BC survivor) lives on McKinley Street in Redwood City. Whenever in the world I next make it out west, I will visit with you and also go and find Sara and Tillie!

My weigh in was good this morning: I am at 218.0, after being stuck around 219.8 and 220+ for weeks.

DH has left for his trip down to North Carolina, so I have the tiny apartment to myself. Yippeeeeee!

Waves to all who stop by today.

OH - Tomorrow is August 1st if anyone is interested in starting with the Beck Book over on the GDT ExPats board. I'll be too busy to actively participate, but I will lurk over there and try to shadow along with it. I think they will be spending more than one day per item, so this will go on for several months I image.

Lana

245.6 / 218.0 / 175
  • jaywirth88
    jaywirth88 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.... its my first time since halloween time last year. I easily let myself get distracted from my weightloss goals, but not anymore. I will be focused!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    "My weigh in was good this morning: I am at 218.0, after being stuck around 219.8 and 220+ for weeks."

Great Job Lana!! Wasnt sure if you would like cards, but Alejandro our new CB supervisor approved of their card.

Tillie or Tillers as one Vet tech calls her, is doing better putting a little chicken on that rice did the trick!! I have an apt today to get her rabies shot and I needed one stamp more to pay for/mail in her city license---- aarg!! but I knew I had them somewhere, wrecked my favorite "calvin and hobbes" newspaper comic I have had in my wallet for decades yanking things out of my wallet :s , which is all nice and clean - found stamps in my junk basket. All is good. Wallet was a mess and needed to be cleaned out anyway - perhaps not so violently.

Still off BP meds, this is over 2 years. My at home BP monitor has been 127/80 so far so good.

Friday I get ultrasound and maybe diagnostic on one breast. Coworker is driving me and I am teaching her how to crochet - I learned an easy way to crochet flowers online. I am knitting a large off white Christmas stocking and pink, yellow and purple flowers might be just the ticket. I am an older woman - humor me. She wont take money for gasoline and so I bought her a yarn bowl to stop balls of yarn from rolling all over the floor and getting dirty/ getting away.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning Kira and Jaywirth ,

I was writing and I saw you posting - welcome!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Okay I was mid essay and had to reread Lana -I know someone who had to have her ear operated on (same lady driving me Friday) and she asked her insurance if as Dr had operated on her before, if he could again and could she get an authorization? Lana contact Aetna and see what is possible. Not all insurances are the same, but if being at your favorite hospital or Dr will make a difference, worth trying.

Only on coffee #1 will reread this morning again.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sunday! Heading out camping soon. It's going to be HOT but hoping to have some fun and get in some walks and some fishing. Have a new romance novel to peruse during down times. Will really get back on track upon our return. I was doing some research last night and making some plans with DH about how I can get back/stay back on track and get these lbs back off.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Kira - have you been to Skinnytaste.com for recipes? I have used a number of them.

I couldnt figure out why my yarn flowers werent working this morning, so I went to youtube and found out the trouble - user error ( that's me ) but smaller flowers are not a bad thing.

Reading and crocheting for awhile.......
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Safe trip Annie :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - I reread your insurance paragraph and you must have already taken and passed the health insurance 101 course, "always do what your pcp instructs first" so that any insurance claims from this will stand a better chance of being paid...... good job. Extra CB treats for you when they open the bar......
  • calny
    calny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Sara- congrats on the loss- looks like we both were stuck for about the same amount of time.
    Lana- hope you are having a wonderful Sunday.
    Annie- have a great trip- enjoy that fishing!

Running some errands today but trying to get on schedule for Monday. I've been staying up till 3am and sleeping till 10. I need to be up by 6 and so not sure how many days before I shift to a new time change. I guess I just stayed on Hawaii time- maybe it was wishful thinking.

Happy Sunday!
    Jen-
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

August 1st - another 0.6 down so far 1.2 with Myfitnesspal. I like the fact that I can watch my sodium intake whereas with WW it was just points. Nice way to start a Monday - for a change.

QOTW: What will you be focusing on this week?

AOTW: I will be working on my stress reduction and spending a little more time in quiet.

Will stop by after work. Waves to all who follow.
  • gertrij
    gertrij Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the name of this community group. I certainly fit the profile for this group. I turn 46 next week. Ugh. I desperately want to develop a more consistent healthy lifestyle.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Monday--Good morning all.

AOTD: Stress reduction. Good grocery shopping. Meditation not food for "fixing things".

Busy day. May not be back today.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Gettij, a number of us are over 40, so welcome and stop by when you can.

Lana - hang in there. Sending good thoughts, read your card from the cboys.......

At work , Shhhh......