Lost 135lbs with diet and exercise! PICS! If I can do this, YOU CAN do this!!! Thanks myfitnesspal!

Options

Replies

• igomez612
    igomez612 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing your incredible story!! awesome job!
  • launchpadmkquak
    launchpadmkquak Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Nice work. Thanks for the tips.
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Truly incredible!! You look fantastic!! Thanks for sharing your story & your tips!! It really helps to hear that it can really be done with hard work & dedication :)
  • druidkat7
    druidkat7 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! Wow! I often feel like I have a tougher journey than most women because I was born hypothyroid, but I look back at the 17 lbs I DID lose back in 2013, and I'm like, "dude, there's no reason I can't go back to being that healthy." My biggest issues are lack of space to do the kind of exercise I REALLY want to do, plus my finances are kind of holding me back in a way, but I'm working on resolving that issue, too.
  • BABYLILAC
    BABYLILAC Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Wow thabks so much for sharing...I'm down 40 and have about 95 to a 100 more to go....loved seeing your victory!!
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    what an amazing transformation! Congratulations ! Posts like this are motivational to all serious members.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thank you for sharing your story!

My starting weight was also 270. I'm 185 now and am looking to lose another 45 lbs. It's nice to see it can be done with the method I'm using.
  • tinaslim
    tinaslim Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thanks so much for sharing...this is why we stalk people on MFP....for stories like yours! You go girl!!! What an inspiration ;)
  • juanitagardner07
    juanitagardner07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing!! Thank you for sharing, such an inspiration!!
  • RosslandMTBr
    RosslandMTBr Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look phenomenal! Way to go!
  • Bedg
    Bedg Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Nailed it!!!!
  • Gymgrl421
    Gymgrl421 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You are amazing! Such an incredible accomplishment.
  • Goddesskat
    Goddesskat Posts: 71 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    k4tie82 wrote: »
    I’ve decided to share my weight loss story in hopes that it will help someone who is struggling with their weight and trying to live a healthier lifestyle.

In the last 4 years I have lost 135 lbs. Before starting my journey I was 270 pounds, almost type 2 diabetic, and I was morbidly obese. I was depressed and miserable in my own skin. I coped with life by taking medications and self-soothed with food and candy. Medications and doctor’s appointments became my life. I became extremely addicted to prescriptions. My weight and lifestyle were slowly killing me, and I didn’t see it until I had a BIG reality check 4 years ago. That is when my life changed. I knew it was time to change and started to rebuild my life. I decided on my own that I wanted this. I knew it was going to be hard, but I was ready to fight for it. I wanted to be healthy, I wanted to be happy again, and I wanted to be the wife and mother my family deserved. Those things combined gave me the final push I needed to change my lifestyle.

I didn’t follow a specific program or go through weight loss surgery. I swapped all my sugar loaded drinks for water, started tracking my food, and added exercise into my daily routine. Adding exercise was just the mental boost that I needed. Every time I exercised I would feel balanced and happy, and for the first time I was proud of myself! I wanted to change my lifestyle so this would become a permanent way of life. I started with small, achievable goals so I didn’t get overwhelmed with how much weight I still had to lose. Honestly, when I started I was exhausted just walking around the block. In September 2014 I finished my first half marathon!

Having support has been a huge part of my journey. My husband has been amazing through this whole process. He started tracking his food first, and I was inspired by him! I watched as he started dropping pounds, and I decided it was time to track my food! Tracking held me accountable, and I needed that! He also helped me find healthy foods to eat, and put up with all my complaining when we first started exercising together :)

I hit a plateau after losing 100 pounds. I joined a small, family owned gym and I discovered a whole new passion for fitness. I reached out and found other ladies to work out with at the gym. We encourage each other, hold each other accountable, and have fun! When one of us struggles, we help each other. I started personal training and improved my strength, lost more weight, and melted away body fat. I have been able to accomplish things I never thought possible, and I have learned to believe in myself! As the pounds have dropped I feel like I have shed emotional baggage with them. My old life melted away 1 pound at a time. Please know that weight loss is a journey and it takes time. If I can do this, you can do this! I finally have my life back and I feel great!

[edited by mods]

Tips:

Track your food… everyday!
    -Don’t drink your calories… Drink water instead (lots of water!)
    -Get up and move! Even if it’s 10 minutes a day… get some exercise! Anything is better than nothing!
    -Eat your veggies, the greener the better!
    -Add protein into your diet. Chicken, Turkey, and Tilapia are some of my favorites.
    -Limit your sugar… and if you have sugar, do it in the morning.
    -Don’t let yourself get hungry, and don’t get to full…
    -Prep as much food as you can on your weekends… it’s easier to make healthy choices that way!

vfwapu2bu058.jpeg
    -tofqtc1dy835.png
    ykn5fvuiewhl.jpeg

• Goddesskat
    Goddesskat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for inspiring me today. I just decided in June 22nd with a friend to walk and change my eating habits to become healthier. So, I'm just at the beginning of this journey and seeing your photos and hearing your tips and how this works has motivated me to keep on keeping on. Since June 22nd, I lost 9 lbs. But because I'm active now walking 5.59 km. every second day, I have lost 15 inches off my body already. I find that fascinating actually. I'm not as sort of breath as I have been and I can take deeper breaths than I have been able to previous to walking. I'm grateful for people like you who share your story with others. Again, thanks for inspiring me. o:)
  • cjuneau69
    cjuneau69 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Totally amazing!!! Thank you for the great tips!!!
  • kelsey_frame_666
    kelsey_frame_666 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. Your a true inspiration. I had a tear reading about your journey, a tear of joy for you. Well done darling!
  • jayceesmom512
    jayceesmom512 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    OMG You have brought me back to motivation level today !! It was a rough morning but because of you I am motivated and ready to continue this journey !! Thank you so much !!!
  • mcbluesky
    mcbluesky Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just saw this today. Congratulations on your transformation. Amazing. Very inspirational. Thank you so much for sharing.
  • HappilyDistracted
    HappilyDistracted Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I know it's already been said- but wow, you look like a totally different person!! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!