Black Team Challenge Week 4

Options

Replies

• Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I can do this one! I am NOT addicted to my scale!:laugh: In fact, Im always nervous and dreading weigh in days. Wonder if I can get a pound taken off my next weigh in for acing this challenge?:laugh: :wink:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    This is a hard challenge for me but I will do it. It is a good thing that way I won't know what it is until next Wednesday.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I'm showing signs of addiction. *deep breaths* Tomorrow morning is going to be the worst. I keep walking into my bathroom & looking at my scale longingly.
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    I'm showing signs of addiction. *deep breaths* Tomorrow morning is going to be the worst. I keep walking into my bathroom & looking at my scale longingly.

Lol, i'm going to have to hide mine from myself.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I can do this one! I am NOT addicted to my scale!:laugh: In fact, Im always nervous and dreading weigh in days. Wonder if I can get a pound taken off my next weigh in for acing this challenge?:laugh: :wink:

I usually weigh just once a day, every morning at the same time. I might skip it if I've had a really bad or high sodium day (if I just don't want to see it) because I know that's not real weight . Having it just be part of my morning routine keeps me from getting nervous about weigh-ins. In the past when I've only weighed weekly, it has bothered me to the point of wanting to give up if I have felt like I had a good week and then ended up not losing much or even gaining. I was debating just not doing this challenge, but then I got to thinking that if the scale doesn't really matter that much, then what difference does it make if I just don't weigh for a week? I'll probably give it a try ... one week won't make or break anything because I'm NOT giving up. But next week I will go back to weighing every morning ... it works for me and keeps the scale in its place (not a big, looming thing to dread or be excited or nervous about once a week ... or to play games with my food intake a day before weigh-in, etc.)

That's just my take on the scale issue ... :wink: I think it's a great challenge to help break a scale addiction!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Andrew, if you DO decide to glue the scale to your feet or hang from the supermarket scale, PLEASE post video! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Gotta get back to work ...

:heart: Tresa
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options

Lol, i'm going to have to hide mine from myself.

LOL,I was thinking the same thing!!!! Im telling DH to put it up.....atleast i can burn some calories while looking for it:bigsmile:

I forgot to post my workout...did 32mins on the treadmil and burned 320 cals. Ive got to get off my butt and do some laundry,dishes and clean the bathroom!

Have a great day guys:drinker:
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Uh oh...

I just had a 1300 calorie lunch. (Sorry guys!!! Mcdonalds got me.)

Well, I either have no dinner (:laugh: yeah right)

or I find some way to work out tonight.

My back is feeling much better, but not 100 percent yet and I don't want to slow the healing at all so maybe I just won't eat dinner...

... We'll see.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I just worked out for an hour & 40 min....does that give me the "check the scale in the morning" pass? PLEEEEASSSEEEE?!

I think I need an intervention.:indifferent:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I just worked out for an hour & 40 min....does that give me the "check the scale in the morning" pass? PLEEEEASSSEEEE?!

I think I need an intervention.:indifferent:

"Hello, my name is 3babybeans and I am a scale-aholic." (All together now, "Hello 3babybeans.")
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I guess my addiction started years ago...oh...you were joking, weren't you? :indifferent:

:bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Got this challenge figured out. I'll take my scale down to fed ex and ship it to myself with instructions not to deliver until january 27th. Yah yah that will work! Excellent. * evil maniacal laughter

Oh wait.... Then I will spend all day logging into fed ex.com to track my package....need to rethink this.....

I found thsi for your Andrew

smiley-char076.gif
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Got this challenge figured out. I'll take my scale down to fed ex and ship it to myself with instructions not to deliver until january 27th. Yah yah that will work! Excellent. * evil maniacal laughter

Oh wait.... Then I will spend all day logging into fed ex.com to track my package....need to rethink this.....

I found thsi for your Andrew

smiley-char076.gif

:laugh:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Rode my bike for 30 minutes, am really sore today, probably from all of yesterday's exercise, was going to go for a walk, but a hair appointment came open. So guess where I am going?

Sarah, I have already wanted to look at the scale, like a dozen times. This is going to be hard.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Its a balmy 20 degrees here in Ohio and I just walked 30 minutes outside. Man o man is it cold. Is it SPRING yet?
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Rode my bike for 30 minutes, am really sore today, probably from all of yesterday's exercise, was going to go for a walk, but a hair appointment came open. So guess where I am going?

Sarah, I have already wanted to look at the scale, like a dozen times. This is going to be hard.

I asked hubs to hide it this morning and I have checked to see if it was gone and there it sits in the bathroom waiting for me to step on it! :noway: :grumble: :laugh:
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Its a balmy 20 degrees here in Ohio and I just walked 30 minutes outside. Man o man is it cold. Is it SPRING yet?

Yeah, I live in MN and I just don't go outside in the winter. It's not worth it!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

I know what you mean it's a freezing 30 something here and I didn't workout! :noway: :noway: :laugh: :wink:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

I know what you mean it's a freezing 30 something here and I didn't workout! :noway: :noway: :laugh: :wink:

Oh Sam, it is in the 30s in FL? - that is so not right. I guess I will have to set my warm weather dream state a bit farther south..

What's the weather like in Hawaii?

I just spoke to an IT tech in Costa Rica - it was 75 there... oh, yea, and my computer works again...

janie
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hawaii is 80s year round...sometimes it rains in the winter..:ohwell:
  • jackobean29
    jackobean29 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think I have this challenge down, I have the flu and don't have the energy to eat or weigh myself. Normally this would be pure torture. Best of luck to all Black team members this week!