I NEVER get tired on shift. Tonight, not even Netflix is working. :neutral:
  • crystalcarlton
    crystalcarlton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Work in an ER/Trauma center.. people bring junk all night long :(
  • merryward13
    merryward13 Posts: 1,662 Member
    Options
    I know. Tonight there was a party for a great fiscal year. Chick Fil A and then cake on top of it.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    My coworker's bday was Wednesday and another coworker brought in ice cream cake :grimace:

I've been trying not to eat my feelings but I kinda failed. Still logged it all!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Man I was stress eating all week. We switched equipment and software on the same week. Nothing like an ER that is stressing over how to get people checked in and checked out and get all the lab tests run and records written. I just decided to go for Cold Stone and I'll fix the stress eating later. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    A crazy night coming back to work. This software change is not going as smooth as I would have liked.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm officially a daywalker, y'all. #feelsweirdman
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

NOOOOOO! :sad:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

NOOOOOO! :sad:
    ahh, well good luck with the new shift!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Good luck with the new shift. Sorry to see you go.
  • bethanie0825
    Options

:open_mouth::cry:
    Good luck but please come back and visit us!! We'll miss you!!

My supervisor has no idea when I'll get moved. I through out the 26th as good for me so we'll see. I'm nightwalker for a little longer.

Hubs second scan went better than the first courtesy of .5mg of Xanax lmao. I got to see the images this time and now we wait for the neurosurgeon to call and schedule the appt.

I stress ate all day yesterday. I have some motivation though, I bought my dress for the wedding we're (hopefully) going to in Sept and it fits like a glove. AKA I cannot gain ANY weight it I wanna fit in this thing. I brought dinner and just need to run out for my sugar free red bull (or 2). I've been up since 8am and won't get home till at least 630a. I need all the help I can get lol.

How was everyone's weekend?
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    :open_mouth::cry:
    Good luck but please come back and visit us!! We'll miss you!!

My supervisor has no idea when I'll get moved. I through out the 26th as good for me so we'll see. I'm nightwalker for a little longer.

Hubs second scan went better than the first courtesy of .5mg of Xanax lmao. I got to see the images this time and now we wait for the neurosurgeon to call and schedule the appt.

I stress ate all day yesterday. I have some motivation though, I bought my dress for the wedding we're (hopefully) going to in Sept and it fits like a glove. AKA I cannot gain ANY weight it I wanna fit in this thing. I brought dinner and just need to run out for my sugar free red bull (or 2). I've been up since 8am and won't get home till at least 630a. I need all the help I can get lol.

How was everyone's weekend?

A nightmare. But yet totally fine... :tired_face: I dunno! :sad:

I think it is fair to say I am a LEEEETTLE emotionally unstable right now... :grimace:
    I don't fully understand why but oh well...

It is time ONCE AGAIN for the SEMI-ANNUAL STABBING OF THE NEEDLES!

TB testing! My FAVORITE time of the year! (seriously, I love needles)

I'm also down to 161.8 again, which is where I was when I left for my sister's wedding almost exactly a month ago. :mrgreen: Admittedly, I let things get out of hand for a while but I'm buckling down again and it's working.

Trying to work in some yoga and cardio with my heavy lifting. I'm hoping to make it to bed early when I get home to hit up the yoga scene but it seems like I ALWAYS have errands to run on Tuesdays. :disappointed:

I'm glad you're a nightwalker for a little while longer and glad the second scan for your husband went better than the first. Stress eating is okay, but remember, exercise is the most underutilized form of therapy.
    I hope you make it through tonight okay.
    I have some motivation though, I bought my dress for the wedding we're (hopefully) going to in Sept and it fits like a glove. AKA I cannot gain ANY weight it I wanna fit in this thing.

I remember trying to maintain for that dress my sister had me wear in her wedding and I ended up losing a bit and people kept coming up behind me at the reception and pulling it up. :laugh:
  • bethanie0825
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm glad you're a nightwalker for a little while longer and glad the second scan for your husband went better than the first. Stress eating is okay, but remember, exercise is the most underutilized form of therapy.
    I hope you make it through tonight okay.

Truth!!! I'm trying to remember that in order to help him and support him (and probably take care of him for a bit) that I need to take care of myself. I can't very well help him if I feel like crap.

And I can only hope that my dress is a bit looser when it's time for the wedding! :lol:
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just found this thread. New to the world of nights, and totally excited to be here! Anyone awake? :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Welcome! I'll be here till about 0530
  • kedrum73
    kedrum73 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just found this thread. New to the world of nights, and totally excited to be here! Anyone awake? :smile:

Welcome! Just waking up here till about 8am!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Here until 7am.

Except yesterday I was here until 8:30 doing paper work until FOREVER(yes, I counted) because I sat in a chair and got bit by a FIELD MOUSE!

Yes. You did read that correctly.
    I sat down in a chair in one of the buildings I was checking and felt some movement to my right and reached down between the cushion and the arm and was promptly bitten HARD by a field mouse which held on to me long enough to be LAUNCHED into the reception area while I screamed obscenities.

Only me. This is almost as bad as the time I got shat on by 3 different birds within a 6 hour period while working at Lowe's....

This isn't normal. This is just my life.

Rabies risk is apparently low, getting a tetanus shot, work nurse offered but I'm getting one anyway at my doctor appt. on Thursday and I'll have my records faxed over.
    Just keep it clean, antibiotic ointment twice a day and change the bandage once a day. Look for signs of infection.
    She took my vitals and bandaged me and I'm good to go.

I am SOOOO ready for my weekend to start after today.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    How the h*ll does that happen!?
  • BrittaniDirks
    BrittaniDirks Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Security guard, midnight to 8 am
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    How the h*ll does that happen!?

That's what I'M SAYING!!!!

I'm never sitting in one of the 'comfy' chairs on campus ever again!