JFT
    1. Walk at least 20,000 steps
    2. Drink 8 c. Water
    3. No carbs after 2 pm
    4. Do tummy & butt workouts

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JF Tomorrow goal: Walk to the park, around the hill loop, and back.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Today's commitments:

1) run before work
    2) do exercise class after work
    3) no eating of team snacks!
    4) eat a healthy dinner
    5) log everything i eat / drink
    6) stay within calories (including run) - but have a little surplus if possible

Hmm, I didn't do so well... I did both sets of exercise, and had a reasonably healthy dinner I think, but I forgot to log my food and hence have no idea if I stuck to my calories or not. I probably did though as I did a LOT of exercise and didn't eat that much. I did also fail to meet (4) and had a chocolate biscuit, plus I had a beer, but I still think I'll have been within it.

Exercise is brilliant, when I actually make the time to do it it sorts everything out... It gives me more freedom on calories but also makes me feel energised and gives me more willpower to be good as well! My class yesterday was 'improvised dance', it was brilliant... I'd really recommend it if people are looking for enjoyable forms of exercise.

Today I'm going for lunch with colleagues so there will be challenges. I have already chosen my food, so no options there. I think I chose something healthy (pre ordering is good - you choose when you have willpower not when hungry!) But not sure.

So commitments are:
    1) log everything I eat/drink
    2) no calorific drinks at lunch (including alcohol!)
    3) exercise class after work
    4) moderate size of dinner to fit calories left - to stay within 250 calories of goal max
    5) NO SNACKING AT WORK!!!!

The last one is in capitals because of my frustration with this constant barrier to weight loss... my team has a real culture of snacking on sweet stuff and there are always treats available. They sit just next to my desk and it's a constant battle! Often I manage to avoid them, but equally often I give in, particularly when I'm stressed. Anyone got any tips for not giving in?!
  • cathydubepenner
    cathydubepenner Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    JFT 8/8/2016 ( YESTERDAY)
    *8000 steps in.....got 10,026
    * Eat lunch home after shopping-no eating crap out! .....done
    * Drink at least 64 oz water......just barely made it, guzzled the last glass right before bed
    * Clean up the paperwork pile on kitchen counter.......got about half done

JFT 8/9/2016
    *try to get 8500 steps
    *no dessert type stuff
    * call and preregister my daughter's medical procedure-I've been putting off for over 2 weeks, I can't stand dealing with automated systems!
    * Drink at least 64 oz water
  • melzielkie
    melzielkie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    JFT 08/08/16

- Day 1 of Hammer & Chisel -> Done!
    - Eat pre-logged food for the day -> Done!
    - Drink 20 glasses of water -> Done!
    - Wash all baby's bottles -> Done!
    - 1 hour of house cleaning -> Done! And then some!
    - 1 hour of Bookkeeping -> Ran out of steam and didn't get this done..
    - Fold laundry for 20 minutes (huge back log LOL) -> Folded all the laundry except baby stuff! Well over an hour.

JFT 08/09/16

- Day 2 of Hammer & Chisel
    - Eat pre-logged food for the day
    - Drink 22 glasses of water
    - Finish all the dishes
    - 1 hour of house cleaning
    - 2 hours of bookkeeping
    - Before and after pictures
    - Work on finishing laundry
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Just for today, stay for my whole work day. Feeling really really sick but I only have a 4 day week this week and I need to stick it out.

LOL this didn't work out. But when youre sick youre sick, what can you do. Back at work today and here are my goals:

1. Only eat what I packed and logged. No extra snacks from the break room, because the only thing breaking Is my wallet.
    2. Go for my run today!

I didn't go for my run. And I also got snacks. TOM is so hard.

ANYWAYS today I will set an easy goal for myself. Go for a walk after work :)

Now were getting somewhere! Walked to the store last night for food of course lol.

JFT: Take one of the puppies for a long walk today.

I didnt take the doggy but I went for a long walk myself today :) todays goal is to go buy stuff for a healthy dinner tomorrow.

Bought my food! Yummy tomato soup :)

JFT Make my yummy soup lol. Also NO BINGING. Days off are so hard.

Check and check! Todays JFT: Run day!

I did it! Used Zombies, Run! For the first time and it was SO FUN. Cant wait for tomorrow to get through my run.

JFT: No snacks from the breakroom!

well, no snacks from the breakroom... but my friend took me to a cupcake shop and I had so much chocolate.

NO MATTER. New daily goal: stay under my calories for today and go for a run

Tada! Did both.

JFT: no breakroom snacks!

No breakroom snacks! Nice

Just an easy one today, JFT: stay under my calories.

I did it! Stayed under my calories. I need to do something more challenging today since im closing out the work week I think..

1. Stay within my calories of course
    2. Walk BOTH of my dogs today :)
    3. Do mission 2 from Zombies, run!
    Excited!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I didn't do so well yesterday.
    Today, 8/9
    - No snacking!
    - Stay green on calories
    - 15K steps
    - Day 8 #nomorealcohol
    - Walk before bed!
    - Work on segmentation strategy I need to present in a brainstorming tomorrow
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    JFT 8/9/16:

1. No eating after 9pm
    2. Electronics off by 10pm
    3. Let go of the anxiety / disappointment I felt when I weighed in and didn't lose anything
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JF Tomorrow goal: Walk to the park, around the hill loop, and back.

JFT 8/9

Lift weights after school
    Eat my veggie-snacks before digging into the peanuts
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    be positive, no self pity, have kept this weight off for four years, wont complain about how hard it is or life is today
  • cathydubepenner
    cathydubepenner Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    JFT 8/9/2016 YESTERDAY
    *try to get 8500 steps....did 14,000+
    *no dessert type stuff.....went shopping with my daughter and had baby size soft serve ice cream :0(
    * call and preregister my daughter's medical procedure-I've been putting off for over 2 weeks, I can't stand dealing with automated systems!.....done
    * Drink at least 64 oz water.....did 80 oz

JFT 8/10/2016
    *Vac the house
    *Drink at least 64 oz water
    *get at least 8000 steps
    * Get to bed by 9-we're up at 3:30!
  • druidkat7
    druidkat7 Posts: 691 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Today's commitments:

1) run before work
    2) do exercise class after work
    3) no eating of team snacks!
    4) eat a healthy dinner
    5) log everything i eat / drink
    6) stay within calories (including run) - but have a little surplus if possible

Hmm, I didn't do so well... I did both sets of exercise, and had a reasonably healthy dinner I think, but I forgot to log my food and hence have no idea if I stuck to my calories or not. I probably did though as I did a LOT of exercise and didn't eat that much. I did also fail to meet (4) and had a chocolate biscuit, plus I had a beer, but I still think I'll have been within it.

Exercise is brilliant, when I actually make the time to do it it sorts everything out... It gives me more freedom on calories but also makes me feel energised and gives me more willpower to be good as well! My class yesterday was 'improvised dance', it was brilliant... I'd really recommend it if people are looking for enjoyable forms of exercise.

Today I'm going for lunch with colleagues so there will be challenges. I have already chosen my food, so no options there. I think I chose something healthy (pre ordering is good - you choose when you have willpower not when hungry!) But not sure.

So commitments are:
    1) log everything I eat/drink
    2) no calorific drinks at lunch (including alcohol!)
    3) exercise class after work
    4) moderate size of dinner to fit calories left - to stay within 250 calories of goal max
    5) NO SNACKING AT WORK!!!!

The last one is in capitals because of my frustration with this constant barrier to weight loss... my team has a real culture of snacking on sweet stuff and there are always treats available. They sit just next to my desk and it's a constant battle! Often I manage to avoid them, but equally often I give in, particularly when I'm stressed. Anyone got any tips for not giving in?!

Instead of you worrying about giving in, which I do understand, there are some action steps you can make:

1) Ask your team-mates to do you a favor of either not bringing in sweet stuff, OR, someone else needs to keep it at their desk instead of next to yours, if they cannot bring themselves to cease eating sweet stuff right along with you.
    2) Bring in your own healthy options if you find yourself getting truly hungry (baked crisps, veggie straws, even an orange or apple).
    3) Take a brief moment to write down when you are feeling stressed and why. The action of writing--however briefly--about your stress levels will get it all off your chest, and perhaps help you see solutions to the work issue that stresses you. On top of this, noting when you are stressed might help you break the cycle of emotional eating. Ask yourself, "am I truly hungry, or am I eating 'cause I'm stressed?" (This is a tip from my own physician's assistant, Deb. I wish you could know her. She is so sweet, and really truly hears what her patients have to say.)
    4) Find a fitness role model. Someone you really, truly admire for whatever reason along with their fitness regimen. Get a cheap notebook to use as a hard-copy fitness journal (even if you simply record what you're feeling as a way of breaking the emotional-eating cycle), and find a couple images of that role model, print them out and tape them to the inside. Think to yourself the next time you reach for something that is not that healthy, "Is this the food that this person would eat and still stay fit?" If the answer is likely "no," then don't eat that food.

The last method is what has helped steer me away from a lot of the sweet stuff. This said, I know I need to do better if I want to feel like I've not let my role model down. It's why I came back here to MFP after falling off the fitness wagon.

I hope my action suggestions were somewhat helpful and inspiring. :-)

Blessings on the journey,
    Kat ^.^
  • melzielkie
    melzielkie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    JFT 08/09/16

- Day 2 of Hammer & Chisel -> Done!
    - Eat pre-logged food for the day -> Done!
    - Drink 22 glasses of water -> Done!
    - Finish all the dishes -> Done!
    - 1 hour of house cleaning -> Done!
    - 2 hours of bookkeeping -> Not done; I did the 15 minutes I absolutely needed to. Ran out of time!
    - Before and after pictures -> Done!
    - Work on finishing laundry -> Done!

JFT 08/10/16

- Day 3 of Hammer & Chisel
    - Eat pre-logged food for the day
    - Drink 24 glasses of water
    - Go to Giant Tiger and pick up the rest of party favours
    - Work on centerpieces
    - Dishes
    - 1 hour of house cleaning
    - Go to my moms and start cleaning the back yard for my daugher's first birthday party
    - Laundry
    - 1 hour of bookkeeping in bed
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Just for today, stay for my whole work day. Feeling really really sick but I only have a 4 day week this week and I need to stick it out.

LOL this didn't work out. But when youre sick youre sick, what can you do. Back at work today and here are my goals:

1. Only eat what I packed and logged. No extra snacks from the break room, because the only thing breaking Is my wallet.
    2. Go for my run today!

I didn't go for my run. And I also got snacks. TOM is so hard.

ANYWAYS today I will set an easy goal for myself. Go for a walk after work :)

Now were getting somewhere! Walked to the store last night for food of course lol.

JFT: Take one of the puppies for a long walk today.

I didnt take the doggy but I went for a long walk myself today :) todays goal is to go buy stuff for a healthy dinner tomorrow.

Bought my food! Yummy tomato soup :)

JFT Make my yummy soup lol. Also NO BINGING. Days off are so hard.

Check and check! Todays JFT: Run day!

I did it! Used Zombies, Run! For the first time and it was SO FUN. Cant wait for tomorrow to get through my run.

JFT: No snacks from the breakroom!

well, no snacks from the breakroom... but my friend took me to a cupcake shop and I had so much chocolate.

NO MATTER. New daily goal: stay under my calories for today and go for a run

Tada! Did both.

JFT: no breakroom snacks!

No breakroom snacks! Nice

Just an easy one today, JFT: stay under my calories.

I did it! Stayed under my calories. I need to do something more challenging today since im closing out the work week I think..

1. Stay within my calories of course
    2. Walk BOTH of my dogs today :)
    3. Do mission 2 from Zombies, run!
    Excited!

Whoopsie! I stayed in my calories but I came home and worked for 6 hours in the studio and got into one of those weird creative zones. Oopsie.

Today: Stay in my calories
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    • Day 4 of the Lean and Strong Challenge (CHECK)
    • Stay within my calorie goal/log everything
    • try to find a way to eat a healthy dinner (I'm not cooking tonight so... :# )
    • Get in over 10,000 steps (stuck in my office so this may be a challenge)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,215 Member
    Options
    Had a wonderful time with my grandsons - but tired!! A 10 yr old and 7 yr old have so much energy. Now I am back home, until the next round of visitors Sept 12. It has been a summer like that - and I think that is why I am struggling to stay and get on track. But that doesn't mean everyday has to be off track, even when we have visitors.

so JFT, Wednesday
    1. log all food intake
    2. walk, or if too hot, get to the gym!! I have silver sneakers free membership now, so NO EXCUSE!
    3. concentrate on drinking water
    4. be back on here tomorrow -- be accountable to keeping my goals for just one day.
    5. think positive thoughts. Don't let the negatives ruin my day. Everyone has problems in their life - and everyone has positives in their life. Focus only on things I can control!
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    be positive, no self pity, have kept this weight off for four years, wont complain about how hard it is or life is today

I love this.
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    JFT 8/9/16:

1. No eating after 9pm - done
    2. Electronics off by 10pm - didn't make it
    3. Let go of the anxiety / disappointment I felt when I weighed in and didn't lose anything - working on this

JFT 8/10/16
    1. No eating after 8pm
    2. No sweets
    3. No self pity
  • thenananator
    thenananator Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    JFT 8/10/16
    1. Love myself enough today
    2. Stay in calories with logging properly
    3. Get my workout it before I got to bed