Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,614 Member
    Options
    b
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Michele, Yes, we have a cheap theatre. In fact it is $2.00. But it takes awhile for the movie to get there and Independence Day has just now got there. I just we had the energy to go. Actual temp right now is 100 and we just finished grocery shopping. We were a sight. I rode scooter again, my legs are just hurting me so much. We had big packs of toilet paper and paper towels so the cart on the scooter wouldn't be enough room. So I am in my scooter, slow Charlie is pushing a cart. He stops in the middle of the lanes, sits between people. Between the two of us, we had a lot of bags. I was glad it didn't take to long to get them in the house. I think this was the first time I have not returned the cart to the cart lane when I am done with it.

Joyce, Indiana where it is sweltering.
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    DrKatieBug - Those are some cute leggings. I still have a way to go before I can venture down that colorful path.

Kim - Happy Birthday!
    t3304.gif

I discovered something strange - a cup of hot tea seems to kill the hunger pangs, but a glass of water does not. Anyone else notice this?

Charleen in Colorado (Still staining the deck - but closer to finished than start)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,752 Member
    Options
    Kim~ Happy Birthday sweet friend..
    came home to find mr cranky pants cranky... gee i sure didn't miss that...tomorrow is another day..
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Heather, just a point of clarification, my leggings aren't the 14s. The 14s were dress pants. The leggings are LuLaRoe size tall and curvy. They fit sizes 14-24. Well, technically, I guess they are 14s, too. LOL. But they are very stretchy. Charlene, you should go for it!

Thanks for all the compliments on the wild and crazy leggings. I'm pleasantly surprised at how well I like them. I would have never in a billion years paid $25 for that print. I would have gone with the safe black. But now that I have them, I will probably buy more.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kim Happy Birthday! blowing-birthday-candles.gif

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Kay You can be an honorary Karen. And I love the leggings. I have several pair of wild leggings myself...my Jazzercise friends call me Karen Crazypants LOL!!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    NYKAREN – Don’t know the story (well, can’t remember it); but, if you won’t get ‘fired’ over saying it … I’d probably do it; but, I rarely walk on ‘eggshells’ around others. I give them the same kind of treatment that “The Golden Rule” says to. I had to laugh at my middle granddaughter, when she was about 10, maybe younger. She was having some issues with another girl in her class and her Pediatrician asked her to tell him about the “Gold Rule”. Telling her to say it. She said, “Do unto Others before They Do unto You.” I started laughing (biting my tongue to keep from doing it out loud. He said to her, so that means you think they might hit them, so you hit them first? She then realized what she had said and said it correctly. “Do Unto Others as you’d have them DO unto you!” Sometimes I chew nails to pieces and then when I walk away, I spit them out. There are just ‘some’ people that I avoid at all costs; I know that neither of us like the other very much.

Drkatiebug – My name is “Lenora” and I don’t like it when someone thinks they can call me “Nora”. I correct them when they do. When someone calls me “Nancy”; they either do not know me or they are from a medical facility and that is the first question I ask them; who are you calling? And who’s calling and why?

I found when I went from a size 16 (which was the highest size I would buy; until I realized that I was just getting heavier; and, bought a couple of things … like the dress I wore to my DYS and DDnL#2’s wedding. I had my size 16 pants taken up by a tailor; and, he took them up through the butt and down the inside of the legs; but, he told me that he would not be able to tailor them again. Because it would change the position of the pockets on the back. I then dropped to a size 12 … I am ‘thrilled’; but, right now that is still where I am. I think I will need to lose another 10lbs to get into a 10. I will be satisfied with a size 10; making me between 145-150lbs. At my age (65) I do not think I could lose more than that and not look ‘gaunt’. I usually lose through my face first and stomach last. I will just need to see when I fall into a ‘normal’ BMI and decide then which way I want to have the ‘leeway’ … 140-145 or 145-150lb.

I went through all my ‘big’ clothes and tried everything I owned and threw the ones that were ‘too big’ or ‘not flattering’ in the pile to go to the 2nd hand shop; and then hung the rest back up and folded the others Kondo-style and was thrilled at how much room I had. Then I could give my DH another drawer in the bathroom for his underwear.

Oh, I love your legging. I bought 2 pair of skinny jeans; one is a wild flower pattern with roses and I wear a pea green tunic with them; the other pair are shade of gray (maybe flowers) and I wear either a white tunic or black tunic over them.

Mary from Minnesota - I go to the good ones, too; sometimes they still have tags on them. The one I take my clothes to will only take clothes that are free of stains or otherwise not in fashion. But, I don’t get very much for them. But, better than not getting any. The ones that I give to Goodwill are still ones that are not stained; just too big.

Charleen – I haven’t tried ‘tea’; but, I have tried ‘boiled water – hot’. That also seems to help; I have also been told that a bowl of hot soup also works; maybe that is why you don’t see very many heavy Chinese people. They have a cup of soup you can get, either comes with the meal or you can get it separately.

Kim – HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Lenora
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,641 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

KarenE – I think there is a bit of luck in finding the exercise that you enjoy, then commitment to make it happen regularly.

Heather – thanks! I am not surprised that folks are eating more calories then they know, when I go out if the actual restaurant is not in MFP it is a bit of a guessing game..But the good thing is that if we are losing (or holding if that’s the goal) we must be doing something right.

Adorable pic of the DGkids

Karen NY– “ I guess telling her that she is unprofessional and dangerously toxic is a little too blunt!!!” LOL yeah a bit blunt, but I’d be pulling out the thesaurus and finding something darn close to that to tell her.

Katiebug- funny about Kay, my grandma was a Kay, I always assumed it was her name, until I started to do some family history her name was Elizabeth Louise… no one has any idea where Kay came from, and those that do have passed. The legging are wild, but you have the perfect top and they are fun!

MrsGLT - some days are like that, there are folks here all the time it seems like with the different time zones, Grab some water, or tea – take a walk – call a friend anything to distract you from being hungry and that might help!

Thanks all for my birthday wishes, it is 3pm and has been a good day, I hiked then worked in the camp garden, dealt with placing gopher traps, mouse traps, fixed the fence where the Jack rabbit went through, then he found another place so fixed that too… Shared chocolate dipped strawberries with my hiking friends and the staff at camp. So at this moment I have 16,800+ steps and more day ahead of me, plus 4 hours of gardening… I’m fixing dinner for a friend and I, but may see if she would like to go out to an ice cream for dessert.

One of the challenges I am finding (any hints welcome) is that when I do this much exercise I really am thinking I am starved, but am pretty sure I am perceiving starved as thirsty…this may adjust as the weather adjusts but right now I was in sun for about 6 hours, 2 at 65-70 degrees and 4 hours at 70-80 degrees, and that makes the water need higher, I am doing a lot of water, but having a hard time judging how much is the right amount. Today in that 6 hours I drank about 70 ounces…and am doing more now…

Kettle/dumbbell PT swing
    5x10x2

August Goals:
    2 fun things a week, visiting with college prof, walking tour of tea gardens
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday
    Work on water consumption -

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,071 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Kay love the leggings. FUN!
    Heather makes me smile. Thanks!
    GLT hang in there!
    Lenora and bad coffee!
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Janetr - that is very good progress. I only managed 10 sets of 10 swings today. With an 18 lb kettlebell. I had already done my machines so had 536 calories under my belt so I had a rest beforehand. I found that starting off was very hard. My hip did not want to cooperate and my knee doesn't like it. But it didn't get any worse as I was doing it and I have no after effects. It does worry me that my hip's initial response is pain, but it eases and seems to do no long term harm. I am just hoping that my #×÷÷+# hip will get used to it. ;)

Heather

Thanks, Heather. I was worn out when I got done. I just did a little aerobic work before and after. I'm feeling muscles all over the place, but nothing horrible.

Janetr okc
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    My exercise today was working in my yard- 4 hours. I mowed my tiny bit of grass. I hoed, raked, and planted grass seed in an area about 12 by 12. (Adding back lawn since I had taken most of it out pre-kids.) I pulled a LOT of weeds. I attacked the old branches in my Korean lilac with a saw, and also sawed off a few volunteer trees that were hiding in shrubs. I tried to control a vine- a porcelain berry - that was growing where it shouldn't be. Picked fresh tomatoes and one pepper. The cherry tomatoes I have are orange when ripe. Very tasty but the color has the girls put off. Normally they inhale cherry tomatoes, but they are still sitting in a bowl on the counter.
  • janetr7476
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Heather, just a point of clarification, my leggings aren't the 14s. The 14s were dress pants. The leggings are LuLaRoe size tall and curvy. They fit sizes 14-24. Well, technically, I guess they are 14s, too. LOL. But they are very stretchy. Charlene, you should go for it!

Thanks for all the compliments on the wild and crazy leggings. I'm pleasantly surprised at how well I like them. I would have never in a billion years paid $25 for that print. I would have gone with the safe black. But now that I have them, I will probably buy more.

I've heard that LuLaRoe are very soft and comfortable. They look terrific on you. You 're looking great.

Janetr okc
  • melaniemetoyer
    melaniemetoyer Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Not happy today...went waaaaaaaaay overboard (stayed within my CI intake) with that darn dreamsicle sherbet ice cream :# and wasn't able to walk at all.
    Lenora-love your advice....I just turns 55 & am struggling with the idea that I'm aging. Thank you :|
    Will try to do better tomorrow...again, I've got to get a grip on snacking...any ideas for HEALTHY snacks ladies????
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,641 Member
    Options
    miriam - isn't it interesting how the color is such a big deal for kids? I have sun gold and love them!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lillian: Enjoy your shopping. :bigsmile:

Kim: Happy Birthday! May this be your best year ever--until next year gets even better. :heart:

Miriam: What is ECT? :huh:

NYKaren: When I was teaching there were two teachers who were nice enough separately, but turned into negativity machines when together. If I was scheduled to share their lunch period, I ate in my room rather than the teacher's lounge, and simply avoided them & the issues that they were always upset about. :wink:

frankiesgirl: Take your ipad to the genius bar at an Apple Store. It is best to make an appointment. The geniuses regularly work miracles and the service is usually free unless you need parts. Then you have to pay for the parts. :flowerforyou:

Dr Katie: Congratulations on smaller sizes! I love the pants and top. You look great. Smaller clothes are absolute proof you are succeeding! :bigsmile:

Heather: Your striped kitties are fabulous! I wish my grandchildren were close enough to see regularly. I have to confess to a bit of grannie envy. :grumble:

Mrs. GL: Welcome to a great group. :flowerforyou:

RE: You are succeeding! Keep on doing what you are doing. It is working! :flowerforyou:

I went to the gym for yoga today, but before yoga I tried the kettle bell swings again. I think I have the moves down, so next time I'll increase the weight. One pound might be a bit on the light side. :devil: I don't remember what the three notations are. One is weight, & one is repetitions. What is the third?

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,614 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BDAYYYYYYY
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Katla First number = sets, second number = repetitions and third number = weight .

Janetr okc
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    :)