Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    This week had better end in a hurry 34 minutes and counting. Not sure I can't make it that long without hurting someone.
  • projectjen
    projectjen Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Taking the family camping! So excited to relax....AKA drink beer by the bonfire.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    @health_guard enjoy your day off with your fiancé.
    @projectjen have fun w the family camping. Sounds like a good time.
    @Rachel0778 yummy. Rib fest.
    @bluepoppies777 I'm not doing the 6 Mimi meals but I do have trouble w not snacking on the weekends. Not sure what gives because I have the same food in the house all week and don't want to eat everything in sight then.

Well u made it through the week at work without hurting anyone. I'm really not some psycho. Buy this week was tough. Maybe the will get all the bugs worked out of the new system the weekend. NOT. Well weighed myself again this morning and I'm down so it was definitely TOM.

Starting weight. 179
    Current. 164.1
    Yesterday. 167.8
    Goal. 157

Everyone enjoy your weekend.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @health_guard then I hope you pick something for the new of you that is fun and enjoyable. Enjoy your full day off.

@ngolden3320 Fantastic! Not only did you save yourself from jail, you made it through a stressful week, ToM and you lost weight. Weekend snacking is usually boredom for me. Being a mom it amazes me that I find the time to be bored. I am sure you feel the same way.

my NSV for yesterday, took the whole family, even the dog. We walked for a half mile, the mom uses a walker and hasn't been doing much so we had to do a short walk. After we did our family walk, The bf and I walked to the park by ourselves, did some swinging, then came home.

The bf and I have a hiking date planned tomorrow. So excited I haven't gone hiking since I was a teenager (20 some odd years ago) Cross your fingers I can keep up.
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Sorry for not posting yesterday - days get crazy busy!
    Tonite I am having my garden club over. The plan was to sit outside on the patio with firepit going, have hot chocolate and roast marshmallows. But -- winds are 20+ mph, and its 55 degrees, so I know it will be so cold, and we would have smoke blowing in our face. So had to do a quick clean-up of the house, and it will just have to be wine instead of smores! Just hoping my daughter will be OK with all the people inside!

But didn't get my walk in at all last nite, and gave into eating ice cream. Hubby wanted popcorn, which seems to get my cravings going, and that lead to ice cream AFTER the popcorn!

Nites are the worse for me - anyone else have this problem. I do great all day, until the evening.

gotta run, but will try and read everyones posts later tonite (instead of eating!!)

Definitely agree with cravings at night!!!!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Morning all and be warned - this is a bit of a whinge! But also a request for advice :)

I'm tired, I'm run down and I lack energy. It's 10:13 on Monday morning and I'm just drained and over the week already! I've got a cough that just won't go away - something to do with my young one bringing every joyful bug and lurgy back from nursery and sharing the love with me - but usually I would be better at fending these things off. So my question is, what do you guys do to maintain/enhance your energy levels? I'm taking a multivitamin tonic (only started yesterday so can't really comment on effectiveness yet!). I am very aware that exercise would help and that I'm not getting enough at the moment - despite living in constant motion with Alistair. But I tell myself that I don't have the time or energy and of course that is self fulfilling in the end. Lunchtime and shortly afterwards at work is a killer for me - within an hour of lunch I'm ready for a nap! So, hit me with food suggestions that will keep me going after my lunch break and also what won't?

Anyway, sorry - rant over, just feeling a bit like I've been run over at the moment! In positive news, had a lovely weekend - swimming and playing in the park and visiting my parents.

@jdelaroy - hope the hiking date went well, that sounds like good fun. Totally understand the boredom point sometimes despite being a mum - my life is tied to routine at the moment and sometimes the boredom of reading the same book 5 times/playing with the same toy cars does get to me!

@joan6630 - don't talk to me about ice-cream, that was my failing last night - so good though!

Anyway, have a good Monday all - am going to top up my glass of water and try to kick my sorry a*s into gear. Thanks for listening to me grumble!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Checking in quick since I'm running around like crazy today. The weekend was rough. Between Ribfest, the burlesque show, and having friends over I ate like crap all weekend long. The Monday weigh in format has started psyched me out so I think I'm going to hold off weighing in for awhile. Wish me luck on getting back into the game today
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @janetay01 Ugh, sounds like you are having a rough day. First, take a deep breath and let it out. Stop beating yourself up!!!! Being a mom is a tough job, takes a lot of energy, and being sick on top of it is horrible. Allow yourself to eat at maintenance this week. I love emergen C when I feel a cold coming on. Drink twice a day. I also double up on prenatal vitamins for a couple of days. I don't normally take vitamins, so I figure 2 days of a double dose won't hurt me. Try finding 10 minutes in your day to meditate, stand in a warm shower, read (might be dangerous), or anything else that helps you blow off some stress. Take advantage of a family/friend and ask them to take your son for an hour or two so you can just rest. Rest! Sometimes you just need some extra TLC and rest from yourself. It is like when you are plane and they tell you to put your oxygen mask on first, you must first take care of you, before you can take care of anyone else.

Ended up doing lawn work on Sunday before our date. Had a wonderful picnic in the foothills by a small river, in a clearing nestled between a bunch of trees. It was beautiful. Then we decided to go to a small town close by, and did our "hike" through the town, and along the river. It was so beautiful, and found a park I thought the kids might enjoy going to. Finished off by having an ice cream in town. I ended up going with a sherbet instead. It was about a third less calories, light, refreshing and yummy!
  • kellansmommy11
    kellansmommy11 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm not too great at checking these discussion boards, but I would love to have some people to motivate and encourage. Feel free to message or add me or whatever. I'm kind of new to having friends on my fitness pal.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    jdelaroy wrote: »
    @janetay01 Ugh, sounds like you are having a rough day. First, take a deep breath and let it out. Stop beating yourself up!!!! Being a mom is a tough job, takes a lot of energy, and being sick on top of it is horrible. Allow yourself to eat at maintenance this week. I love emergen C when I feel a cold coming on. Drink twice a day. I also double up on prenatal vitamins for a couple of days. I don't normally take vitamins, so I figure 2 days of a double dose won't hurt me. Try finding 10 minutes in your day to meditate, stand in a warm shower, read (might be dangerous), or anything else that helps you blow off some stress. Take advantage of a family/friend and ask them to take your son for an hour or two so you can just rest. Rest! Sometimes you just need some extra TLC and rest from yourself. It is like when you are plane and they tell you to put your oxygen mask on first, you must first take care of you, before you can take care of anyone else.

Ended up doing lawn work on Sunday before our date. Had a wonderful picnic in the foothills by a small river, in a clearing nestled between a bunch of trees. It was beautiful. Then we decided to go to a small town close by, and did our "hike" through the town, and along the river. It was so beautiful, and found a park I thought the kids might enjoy going to. Finished off by having an ice cream in town. I ended up going with a sherbet instead. It was about a third less calories, light, refreshing and yummy!

I second @jdelaroy's suggestions, I hope you feel soon @janetay01!
  • projectjen
    projectjen Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Friends! I hope you all had lovely weekends and are ready for a awesome week!

Weekly check in for me

SW - 167.4
    8/2 - 165.3
    CW - 164.9
    GW - 154.0
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well yesterday was the big Riesling Beer and Food festival on our lake and as you can see it did not agree with the scale but the trend is still going in the right direction so we own it and move on. My husband has been doing nothing but watching the Olympics and while I love them I don't think I can take 2 weeks of sports every night, hehe. Attempting to back to yoga tonight. First time since my injections, fingers crossed!!

@sharonmlynch28 - welcome aboard. The best advise I can give you is you have to do this for yourself and educate educate educate. Learn to read the labels everything you eat and most importantly, buy a food scale. You can pick up a good one under $20.00 at most stores. It was the turning point for me.

Nicole - good job on the lose!!!

@jdelaroy - We love to hike. Sounds like you had a great time.

@janetay01 - It is really hard with young ones. You get everything they get this first year or so. After that is seems to get a little better. Have you tried increasing your water intake. Sometimes something so simple is all it takes. I would try my hardest to stay away from caffeine/sugar as that is just going to cause a fall a little while later. As for a snake I would try something high in protein; raw almonds, hummus with veggies or plain yogurt with fruit (I like to mix in protein powder)

Goal - 135 by 10/6
    7/11: 150
    7/18: 145.9
    7/26: 146.3
    8/1: 144.5
    8/8: 145.7
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Health_guard: It’s so nice when you have a workout buddy! Hope you had a great Sunday with your fiancé! I love Sirius Radio… Enjoy! I’ve had alligator jerky before and I thought it was pretty good too!

FitEqualsSmile: Hope the heat has receeded… It’s been on and off brutal here too! Beer Festival… sounds right up my alley! I agree, while I love the Olympics… I can only watch so much!

Rachel: The egg is kind of funny… sorry if spoiled your breakfast! Mmmmm Ribfest! Sounds delicious! Well, at least it sounds like you had an awesome weekend… don’t let the weigh in get you down… it happens! You will be back in the game in no time…

Jdelaroy: Great NSV on the skinny jeans! Yay! Sounds like a wonderful weekend!! Glad you enjoyed!

Joy: Sounds like you had fun time last weekend! Holy cats!! Sounds like my kind of weekend!! Way to go with the one beer NSV! =)

wishfulJune: Sounds like you had a fun weekend! Love your brothers fun grilling choices for his birthday! Sounds interesting!

Jen: Camping… I love camping!!! Hope you had a great time! Way to go on the loss!!

Janetay01: It’s easy to get run down, but actually working out In the morning is a total pick me up! Easier said than done… trust me… I know!!

Well, my weekend was a spiral of events and I am tired to say the least… Thursday, kayaking & swimming at Devils Lake, Friday, my mom came down and joined us on State Street shopping and going to the Union at UW Madison. We did manicures and pedis on Friday night. Saturday was a day full of driving and wedding celebration which was very fun! Sunday was a relaxing day floating down a river in a tube with a few beers, followed by pizza… Yikes! Today is work and then my best friend is coming to town and we are getting together with some other friends and having a sleepover, so cocktails will be included… then tomorrow we are off bright and early to the Wisconsin State Fair… Yikes! We love trying all the new foods… we buy one weird item and all taste it! Usually my friends husband is the garbage disposal for everything we don’t like! LOL! Then I’m back in my routine and back to normalcy… I’m kind of looking forward to it!

• janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy - thank you! Deep breath taken, calming thoughts made! I've bought myself some Emergen C so will run with that for a bit and give myself a boost. I know that I do need to make time for myself at the weekends - I think that I beat myself up because I work full time and therefore want to do as much as I possibly can for family when I'm at home. My husband and I had a really good routine for a while where one of us would be on Alistair duty for an hour or so whilst the other one did something for themselves - but it's slipped a bit and it tends to be one or other of us getting the washing on or cleaning the kitchen!

@FitEqualsSmile - you are very right, it is so hard with them when they are little and picking everything up. I think what depresses me is that this is the height of summer - it bodes ill for winter at this rate! I'm making a big effort to cut the caffeine down (suffered a cracking headache yesterday as a result :() and drinking more water and on the hunt for snacks that will help. I went with natural yoghurt and fruit yesterday as part of my lunch and it seemed to work a bit better.

@ShyCush6 - the thought of getting up early to exercise is not one that inspires me - but I know when I have done it that I feel good. Working from home tomorrow so will aim to get a workout in before I start work - see how I get on. Sounds like you had a great weekend - mega busy but fun!

So today is day two of my fightback to reclaim my health and wellbeing - still not feeling great but I'm determined to kick this feeling of lethargy! But anyway, enough of my woes :)

@Rachel0778 - good luck with getting back in the game and agree with your plan to not weigh in for a bit. There is more to this than the number on the scale - take some time to get going again and get on track and then see where you are.

@FitEqualsSmile - ah the Olympics. Every time, I say I won't get hooked and every time I find myself becoming an expert in some obscure sport that I would never normally watch. But you are right, a full two weeks of it becomes a bit too much to bear! Hope the yoga went ok last night.

Hope Tuesday treats you all well and thanks for all your kind support :)
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys, i'm still here, i've been popping in to read everyone's comments, just not checked in myself.
    Well, finally things are starting to calm down again. We've cleared my Mum's house and returned the keys, and this weekend I finished going through all her personal paperwork and belongings (there was literally bags/boxes of it), throwing anything not needed (bank statements from 1998?), charity bagging a lot of it, and keeping all the things of sentimental value. So, after months of stress and emotional turmoil everything is now done, and I can start to unwind and try and get back to this with the attention it needs.
    It's going to be pretty hard to get back to this, but i've put on a stone since Mum died and i'm really quite annoyed with myself after all my hard work, but at the same time I realise it's pointless to give myself too hard a time about it - accept it, move forward, try again.
    You guys all seem to be doing great, which is good to see, I need that to motivate myself and will be sure to keep checking back more regularly as I try to get back on track. :smile:
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Shy - sounds like you had a blast. Keep going and then just get right back on the beam!!

@janetay01 - have you tried hemp seeds. I bought these to add to black bean burgers I make but found they are great on yogurt. High in protein and add a nice flavor. Sort of like a sesame seed but much better.

@CariTJR - we will be here when you are ready. It is a lot of hard work when this happens. Don't beat yourself up. Give yourself a hug, life matters.

Last night I went back to yoga and did pretty well. I just have to remember to keep my neck in a neutral position. I woke up this morning expecting to be a little sore form my first arm day but I am actually doing pretty well. I am off to aerial yoga today and then hoping to get the yard mowed. Not that it really needs it but it does in some areas and since we are expecting some rain this week I figured I might as well get it done.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @FitEqualsSmile The festival sounds like a blast! And at least the Olympics are only temporary, right? :)

@janetay01 I hope today goes much better for you! It's rough feeling under the weather and dealing with lethargy

@CariTJR I was just thinking about you so I'm so glad to see you're back! I'm glad to hear you're not beating yourself up about the gain. Self care while losing a parent is nothing to feel bad about, and we are here to support you as you get back to your healthy habits now that things have calmed down a bit

Feeling better today after healthy choices yesterday. I realized I've been feeling binge-y because I've been wanting to eat my feelings of loneliness. I countered that by setting up 3 different social things coming up to look forward to and reaching out to the people that I missed. I've spent so long using food to blunt my emotions that it's hard sometimes to get to the root of the feelings and figure out what will truly make me feel better.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @janetay01 Glad to hear you are taking care of yourself. I completely understand the guild. Focus more on quality than quantity with your family. Your husband should understand being busy. Your son, will remember the fun times, and that you were there when he needed you. Summer colds suck, but you can make it through.

@CariTJR I am sure it is a relief to have finished that huge undertaking. I also bet it was bitter sweet. Give yourself a pat on the back. You made it through a very emotional time, and you took care of the things you needed to whether you had help or not. (((())))) Hugs just to help feel better. Take baby steps if needed, you can and will get back on track.

@Rachel0778 Great job realizing you were in a funk/emotional eating and being proactive about coming up with solutions.

I did my weekly weigh in, Not as great as I had hoped. I worked really hard. Bet it will show up next week though.

S/W 250.8
    L/W 232.2
    C/W 231.6
    G/W 220.8

Down half a pound.
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I have been so busy (socializing) I haven't even been logging or checking MFP. I feel totally discombobulated - no routine, no gym, no losses on the scale! I'm owning up here - I am up over 6 lbs in the last 10 days - how is that even possible???!! Just about had a heart attack on the scale this morning. GOOD LORD do I have work to do. I feel pretty crappy about it! :(

We've had too many social events, too much company, too much booze, too much junk! I told hubs on Sunday that is it, we are not having anyone else over for dinner for the rest of the summer! Then yesterday was my dad's birthday - so what happened? They came for dinner! GAH! (banana splits happened!) The only thing I can say is, at least I'm having one of the most fun summers I've had in a long time, but holy! Not working with the weight loss program at all, I'm going backwards! I haven't even done the 30 day challenges in days! I think I have to just start over from scratch on those ones.

Janetay - you are already feeling more positive, but I thought I would comment anyway. My youngest son is 9 and for the first few years (probably 3) my husband and I were so sleep deprived we were like useless zombies. He brought home all kinds of colds/flus/illness from daycare too, it's just the way it is. Once he start kindergarten, he has rarely been sick though! So it's just boosting their immune systems early. The only advice I could think of is to really try hard to get enough sleep. If it means going to bed at 8pm for a week, then do it. We function better with proper amounts of sleep, our weight loss, our skin, our energy etc. So leave the laundry and catch some zzzz's this week! :)

Rachel, you are always so positive, even when you are in a bit of a slump! I'm so glad you are part of the group! It helps me a lot!

Shy, that all sounds awesome - I wish we lived closer and us twins could hang out! LOL!

Cari - welcome back. keep checking, and post more! We are all up and down, and we are all supporting each other. I'm so glad that the big job is done dealing with all of your mom's belongings. that is one of the most draining jobs you could do, so don't beat yourself up about gaining back some weight. I'm right there with you, but with no excuse! I've been finding it hard to keep my mojo going - seems like it takes so long to get it back, then I lose it again so quickly. I need more self discipline and will be working on that!

Everyone else - the walks/hikes/yoga etc. you are all doing so awesome - keep up the good work! It's motivating for the group!
    We are going camping again this week, leaving tomorrow for 4 nights. We have a lake front site, so I will be floating around with the dog on my air mattress! I have pre planned the meals, and will be cycling and walking, so hopefully I can drop a pound or two. I'm going to limit the booze too (gasp!). LOL! I'll check in when I can. Hope you all have an awesome week!
  • lrivera54
    lrivera54 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Blue poppies-Wow I know exactly what your going through. Well yesterday was my first day joining and did well eating and journaling. However today taken notes off to the market I go. I really like being apart of a group effort we all have the same goal. Have fun at the lake, to everyone else WE CAN DO THIS.