New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    CokUSs5W8AAap6z.jpg:large
    Got whole box in some promotion of all the flavors, will review other ones when I get to them.

Vanilla almond.. I really really liked the texture and taste. No aftertaste. Not very almond tasting but pretty good would buy 7/10. I like better than the vanilla almond old formula quest bars, but those weren't on my favorite list. I feel like vanilla almond is always a pretty boring flavor so thats why not 8+ stars. I prefer chocolaty bars ;), eager to try the rest!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    lp8bk0s0jvyq.png
    I love this milk! It's super creamy, and pretty high in protein considering that it's non-dairy. It's actually made from peas and sunflower oil. 6 grams of sugar per cup isn't too bad, either.

I got 5 pints of the SO Delicious coconut milk ice cream using that cartwheel deal + some $1.00 off coupons that I had been hoarding. Each pint came out to $1.45. :) I am a very, very happy girl right now.

Also, I think that SO Delicious must have reformulated their gluten-free cookie dough flavor with the package redesign. The old one had 170 calories and 16 grams of sugar per 1/2 cup. The new one has 210 calories and 19 grams of sugar per 1/2 cup. Sadness. :(
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Did you guys try the Watermelon poptarts? I think they're pretty good.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    dvotr03q5l9o.jpg

I love stroopwafels. Had them for the first time in Amsterdam. Just heaven. I compared these with the kind I get from the international grocery store near me. Not much difference in macros. But, if you don't have a international store to get them from, these might be worth a try. I'd go with caramel, since that's closest to the originals. :smiley:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Where do you buy the Stroopwafel brand?

I just bought a few sample packs of Truetin to try in my nightly ice cream concoctions. I wish the Shamrock flavor was available in the sample pack size, but it must be out of stock.

What's everyone's favorite flavor of Quest protein powder or PEScience?

For the time being I've been using Cutler Nutrition Vanilla Cream (bought it at the Grocery Outlet) & Body Fortress Cinnamon Swirl whey.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Ugh every time I scroll by the new package of Oreos it just makes me think YUCK, YUCK, YUCK!

I hope the Jelly Doughnut flavor wins in Wal-Mart's contest for their next exclusive flavor.

Oreo should bring back The Cotton Candy Oreo :'(.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I just bought a few sample packs of Truetin to try in my nightly ice cream concoctions. I wish the Shamrock flavor was available in the sample pack size, but it must be out of stock.

For the time being I've been using Cutler Nutrition Vanilla Cream (bought it at the Grocery Outlet) & Body Fortress Cinnamon Swirl whey.

My only experience with Trutein was their pudding and it was so disgustingly sweet that it ended in the trash. Sigh.

For Quest powder, vanilla or chocolate. The caramel one is a bit bland and just tastes too artificial for me.
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I didn't read through 178 pages, so my apologies if this has already been mentioned! But my new favorite is the Dang! Salted Cocoa Coconut Chips. They are freaking delicious! The small pack has only 115 cals and 8 net carbs, which is a lot better than the granola that I usually put in my greek yogurt. Bare Naked makes a version too, but I haven't tried that yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Dang-Salted-Cocoa-Coconut-Chips/dp/B01B3KZE2Y/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1470929319&sr=1-1&keywords=dang+cocoa
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    These are awesome. First time seeing them at TJ.
    33569rcgoshz.jpeg
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »
    Tried AtlantaFresh 2% Greek yogurt yesterday - a new brand at my local WholeFoods. I'm not generally a big fan of Greek yogurt. I usually find it kind of chalky and with a weird sour aftertaste, but I wanted a snack with decent protein and some sweetness so I decided to give it another go.

It was pretty solid (and chalky) on top, but the bottom was very runny. Tasty and with a nice texture after I realized it needed thorough mixing. I tried the bananas foster flavor, which had a light caramelized banana flavor, and bought several more.

If you describe Greek yogurt as chalky, you can't be buying the good stuff! Try a 4% fat one such as Chobani whole milk. They are super creamy and almost a bit buttery in flavour.

I've tried just about all of them, including the more unusual brands like Siggi's (gag). There are only a very few that I like. Ellenos is one, but only the plain. Their toppings are way too sweet for me. A couple of flavors of Noosa are good - not really Greek yogurt, though. There was another brand I posted about in this thread that was pretty decent but I can't remember the brand off the top of my head.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

For Quest powder, vanilla or chocolate. The caramel one is a bit bland and just tastes too artificial for me.

I agree, except add Peanut Butter to that list. I didn't find the caramel bland, just artificial. The cookies & cream one was definitely bland though! The strawberry and banana were both good but after a 2 lb tub I was sick of it.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    CokUSs5W8AAap6z.jpg:large
    Got whole box in some promotion of all the flavors, will review other ones when I get to them.

Vanilla almond.. I really really liked the texture and taste. No aftertaste. Not very almond tasting but pretty good would buy 7/10. I like better than the vanilla almond old formula quest bars, but those weren't on my favorite list. I feel like vanilla almond is always a pretty boring flavor so thats why not 8+ stars. I prefer chocolaty bars ;), eager to try the rest!

I have a few I bought from GNC to try... only had the frosted cinnamon roll so far - it was only OK.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Did you guys try the Watermelon poptarts? I think they're pretty good.
    They were probably the only new flavor I didn't really like. I've tried them all except for the Crush, but they're my next flavor.

The bacon maple is probably my favorite.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Ugh every time I scroll by the new package of Oreos it just makes me think YUCK, YUCK, YUCK!

I hope the Jelly Doughnut flavor wins in Wal-Mart's contest for their next exclusive flavor.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/winner-of-walmarts-oreo-cookie-contest-causes-universe-to-implode-upon-itself-2016-06-12 I knew who won as soon as I saw the title. Cookies and cream were a Kroger exclusive last year and great. I'm sure jelly donut will come on its own.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/winner-of-walmarts-oreo-cookie-contest-causes-universe-to-implode-upon-itself-2016-06-12 I knew who won as soon as I saw the title. Cookies and cream were a Kroger exclusive last year and great. I'm sure jelly donut will come on its own.

LOL I don't understand people. Picking a cookies and cream Oreo. SMH.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

LOL I don't understand people. Picking a cookies and cream Oreo. SMH.

It's so meta!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    These are awesome. First time seeing them at TJ.
    33569rcgoshz.jpeg

That looks amazing. Wish that we had a Trader Joe's where I live (just don't tell my boss that I said that!).
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Tried the cinnamon roll ONE bar; found it in the vitamin shoppe and it was the very last one! It was delicious compared to some other protein bars but honestly not nearly as indulgent as some pictures made it seem or as I thought it would be. It was really soft and made a good snack, but it didn't do anything for my hunger. Flavor wise better than quest, but I have to give it to quest, their bars are more filling than this one was. Perhaps I'm just being hard on it though, but MusclePharm's combat crunch bars are so much better honestly I don't know why they don't get more attention!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    86uxthjxfx8s.jpeg

One word: YUCK don't waste your money