married chit-chatters?

Options

Replies

• grannynot
    grannynot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    mntnwmn477 wrote: »
    You need to decide if you are better off with him or without him..............but I would give the poor schmuck a chance by telling him how you are feeling - unappreciated, unloved, ignored, and see what he says - he may be oblivious to all this.

I've told him a few times already how I'm feeling and he knows exactly what I want and need and yet, still nothing. So he's not oblivious. [/quote]

I see myself in your post - about 30 years ago. Yes, I was "keeping score" of how little he did to appreciate me, and was ready to leave. I offered to go to counseling - he wouldn't. So I left. I suspect you will at some point, too - but at least the offer of counseling shows you made the effort to save the relationship.

Once you are free, get counseling or attend "divorce recovery". Learn about yourself, what you would like to do - and for God's sake don't make the same mistake a second time. I didn't - my hubby is the polar opposite and we've been happily married for 27+ years. I'm not going to imply it's all been romance and starry eyes; but we still have fun together, respect each other; and really seem a bit "lost" without the other. I have zero regrets.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    We were just watching a show last night of people that look at 3 RVs/Trailers/5th Wheels and choose one at the end. We also always go to RV shows, just to tour them. I would totally buy one and live out of it when I get older/retire (it's appealing to me now, but I have a lot of *kitten*....and a lot of work).

Right now, we're in the market for a cab-over-camper as we go to some off-the-grid type places that would annihilate an RV that nice and expensive.
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    We were just watching a show last night of people that look at 3 RVs/Trailers/5th Wheels and choose one at the end. We also always go to RV shows, just to tour them. I would totally buy one and live out of it when I get older/retire (it's appealing to me now, but I have a lot of *kitten*....and a lot of work).

As I am only several years from retiring I wonder how I would like RV living. It looks fun enough initially but over the long haul I think I would always want my home to return to. I guess it's hard to say without trying it but the space restrictions would bother after some months I think.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    One of my buddies found a nice 70s house boat with perfect renovated wooden interior, and renovated fiberglass shell for only $10k. I would love to have a yacht to just chill and drink on for half the price of a new honda civic
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    We're getting ready to take off for a tiny while in our old RV. I would be off in it way more often, but when they get old, there's always something to fix. Tomorrow, we're taking it in for a rear brake job. We're fortunate that we've found a mechanic shop we trust.

Last time we had them do repairs, we'd lined up people to stay over with us in the guest rooms, and one couple was going to stay in the RV for something going on in my husband's church. Two couples decided not to come, so we only had people in the front guest room.

That night, of all nights, some idiots decided to shoot up the neighborhood. I heard gun shots, called the police, and ended up admitting I didn't know the difference between the sound of gun shots and that of firecrackers. They didn't come, then, for me. However, smarter neighbors called in later, and they came. Yep! If someone had been sleeping in the camper, they would have likely been shot through the top of the head. There was a bullet in the mattress right there.

The jerks killed one guy and did damage to vehicles around this end of town. How do people live with themselves?
  • lisciousg24
    lisciousg24 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Happily married! But since I just moved to West coast could definitely use someone to chat with.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    We're getting ready to take off for a tiny while in our old RV. I would be off in it way more often, but when they get old, there's always something to fix. Tomorrow, we're taking it in for a rear brake job. We're fortunate that we've found a mechanic shop we trust.

Last time we had them do repairs, we'd lined up people to stay over with us in the guest rooms, and one couple was going to stay in the RV for something going on in my husband's church. Two couples decided not to come, so we only had people in the front guest room.

That night, of all nights, some idiots decided to shoot up the neighborhood. I heard gun shots, called the police, and ended up admitting I didn't know the difference between the sound of gun shots and that of firecrackers. They didn't come, then, for me. However, smarter neighbors called in later, and they came. Yep! If someone had been sleeping in the camper, they would have likely been shot through the top of the head. There was a bullet in the mattress right there.

The jerks killed one guy and did damage to vehicles around this end of town. How do people live with themselves?

Thats ridiculous. Glad no one got hurt in the RV.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I could totally live in an RV/tiny home....once the kids are grown!
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    First post in this thread. Hi everybody! I can't possibly catch up, so I hope it's ok to just jump in. :)
  • MTgal477
    MTgal477 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    First post in this thread. Hi everybody! I can't possibly catch up, so I hope it's ok to just jump in. :)

That's what I did! Stirred the pot up a bit, now I'm good :smiley: lol....welcome!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Right now, we're in the market for a cab-over-camper as we go to some off-the-grid type places that would annihilate an RV that nice and expensive.

Build up to it. We've been up to Class C but I currently own a Toy Hauler because we camp off grid in the boonies mostly and have a lot of people usually with us.

Love having it, but actually looking to sell and down size to a popup now.

3efkhtamdrp0.jpg

• Guns_N_Buns
    Options
    King_Spicy wrote: »
    One of my buddies found a nice 70s house boat with perfect renovated wooden interior, and renovated fiberglass shell for only $10k. I would love to have a yacht to just chill and drink on for half the price of a new honda civic

ditto!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

Build up to it. We've been up to Class C but I currently own a Toy Hauler because we camp off grid in the boonies mostly and have a lot of people usually with us.

Love having it, but actually looking to sell and down size to a popup now.

3efkhtamdrp0.jpg

Yeah, we found we weren't using our toys as often, so we got rid of those -- so that excluded toy-haulers for us. I was stuck on a travel trailer, he wanted a cab-over...and he's convinced me since, as we do get up in some sketchy terrain that isn't feasible to drag a trailer through. We also flat tow the Jeep behind us, so it works out.
  • jennylee274
    jennylee274 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi. How are you?
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I really freak out regarding sleeping in hotels, after what I've read. The RV is my way to go. At least I know how clean things are.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I really freak out regarding sleeping in hotels, after what I've read. The RV is my way to go. At least I know how clean things are.

Uh oh. Now I am freaked out. Lol
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    cross2bear wrote: »
    I love spicy food - I recently found some kimchi in my local supermarket and it is my new best friend. I put that **** on everything! Its great with meats and I think the brand I have is 10 calories per tabolespoon, so you can have a lot and its a great value for the calorie cost. Kimchi is fermented/pickled spices and cabbage, and is a staple in the Korean diet. Tonight I have some crockpot pork tenderloin waiting, and it will be spiced up with kimchi for sure!

I have to be careful with spicy food because I have a trigeminal nerve pain disorder in my face. Though I can eat turmeric, black pepper, ginger, and some others. But, I like something kind of like kimchi. It's a kraut, but carrots and ginger (instead of cabbage). It's tasty.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I like the tiny house idea. But, I would be so happy to have a big, open room to dance and choreograph in. But, I could have a tiny home and rent dance space or get dance space in exchange or dance residency (that's how I do it now, but it's time limited). In my own space I could dance as much as I want and anytime I want. I am a bit of a minimalist. Except for my collection of sexy, lingerie and fetish outfits.