The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    That is crazy!!
    Unfortunately getting bitten is a frequent occurrence in my job, I'm a vet. Tonight I have the joy of taking blood from a very angry cat every single hour. He's apparently angry at the best of times, and I doubt this is helping. Sighs. Only 5 hours to go...
  • x_xKarina
    x_xKarina Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hey people!!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Back for my weekend at work, who's with me?

It dawned on me while I driving in today that working weekends is like having a Monday, Wednesday, and Friday fall one after the other. The first night sucks just bc you had to come in. Saturday is horrible bc there's still Sunday to get thru. And Sunday is wonderful as long as it goes fast lol
  • pjlove1
    pjlove1 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Football is in the air. Pre-season, but at least it's football.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Back for my weekend at work, who's with me?

It dawned on me while I driving in today that working weekends is like having a Monday, Wednesday, and Friday fall one after the other. The first night sucks just bc you had to come in. Saturday is horrible bc there's still Sunday to get thru. And Sunday is wonderful as long as it goes fast lol

This.
    Friday is the Monday :frowning:
    Saturday is the Hump day :neutral:
    Sunday is easy as long as it goes quickly :smiley:

Monday is fairly quiet and seems to take the longest for me :smirk:
    Tuesday is easy to get through but leaving is a pain because of the endless fount of verbiage coming from my relief person. :angry:

Then I go home and sleep for 2 days. :mrgreen:
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    howdy, nightshift folks...

been kinda preoccupied for the past month or so...glad to stop in and see that, despite some comings and goings and odd animal encounters, everybody is well - B, we'll keep your old man lifted up until you get some (hopefully good) news.

life's been good here in Nashvegas - humid as all hell, and it seems to rain just for kittens and giggles in fits and starts, just to make sure we're paying attention and not leaving our windows rolled down. :)

met a pretty awesome young lady a couple weeks ago, and that's on a really positive trajectory - now if I could just get my ex-inlaws to stop stalking me on FB and freaking my friends out, life would be pretty sweet. (and yeah, I hear you - but talking to my ex accomplishes nothing. she's the grownup in this scenario, believe me.)

summer's crawling to its inevitable close, and autumn can't come soon enough for me.

hope you guys are staying cool. :)

• merryward13
    merryward13 Posts: 1,662 Member
    Options
    Oh night shift. So we meet again. I can't complain. I've had the past 5 days off thanks to an on call day. But man, nights have me so whacked that I can't sleep right when I am off.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Went to go see the new Star Trek movie this week. Loved it, of course!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Saw that a couple weeks ago, I liked it too. I'm a bit excited about the upcoming TV series.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    Saw that a couple weeks ago, I liked it too. I'm a bit excited about the upcoming TV series.

I heard it was web-based. Do you have newer information than me?!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    @lilaclovebird yes!!!!

Welcome back @hamptontom !!!
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    On the downside of my weekend working. I didn't eat well at all but didn't go totally crazy either.

Hubs neurology appointment is Wednesday; they were going to get him in next month until they asked and he described the numbness in his left arm, tingling right hand fingers, loss of grip strength, and right leg issues. We don't think he'll work past Wednesday and I imagine he'll go under the knife before the end of the month.

2016 has been a *kitten* year. And kinda expensive and looks like the trend will continue lol
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    On the downside of my weekend working. I didn't eat well at all but didn't go totally crazy either.

Hubs neurology appointment is Wednesday; they were going to get him in next month until they asked and he described the numbness in his left arm, tingling right hand fingers, loss of grip strength, and right leg issues. We don't think he'll work past Wednesday and I imagine he'll go under the knife before the end of the month.

2016 has been a *kitten* year. And kinda expensive and looks like the trend will continue lol

Yep.

I ALSO had kind of a bad food weekend... 700 cals over yesterday. :grimace:

I keep telling myself that with all of my lifting, I'm going to need those calories for my gains. :mrgreen:
    Plus it's ToM. I don't normally have an actual period but looks like this month I will... :sad:
    :ohwell:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Totally didn't notice it changed $hitty to kitten lmao!!! It's been a crappy *kitten* year. Nothing sweet and cuddly about it at all.

I've been way over too but not so far that I'll gain. It's like maintenance eating I guess so that's what I'll tell myself lol

I don't get actual ToMs either; mine is all stress eating. It's getting to the point where my anxiety is starting to override me wanting to do anything except what I absolutely have to. I barely want to get off the couch bc I just keep running scenarios thru my head. Neither of us slept last night and I'm pretty sure we won't sleep tonight. Thankfully the appt is first thing tomorrow morning so no waiting all day.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Totally didn't notice it changed $hitty to kitten lmao!!! It's been a crappy *kitten* year. Nothing sweet and cuddly about it at all.

I've been way over too but not so far that I'll gain. It's like maintenance eating I guess so that's what I'll tell myself lol

I don't get actual ToMs either; mine is all stress eating. It's getting to the point where my anxiety is starting to override me wanting to do anything except what I absolutely have to. I barely want to get off the couch bc I just keep running scenarios thru my head. Neither of us slept last night and I'm pretty sure we won't sleep tonight. Thankfully the appt is first thing tomorrow morning so no waiting all day.

And then you can take a NAP!

I :heart: Naps. :mrgreen:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Yes, web-based. I think it has to due with lower production costs. The only other new things I have heard is they have confirmed it will be a female captain/lead and that it will take place before Star Trek TOS in terms of the time line.
  • jennifer_417
    Options

Yes, web-based. I think it has to due with lower production costs. The only other new things I have heard is they have confirmed it will be a female captain/lead and that it will take place before Star Trek TOS in terms of the time line.

*heavy breathing*
  • bethanie0825
    edited August 2016
    Options

And then you can take a NAP!

I :heart: Naps. :mrgreen:

Oh I've been napping too lol

Dr is concerned with the size of the tumor so hubs will be in surgery first thing Monday morning. They have to remove the back part of L3-L5 :worried: So it's pretty damn invasive but the surgery should only last about 4 hours. I hope he'll be home Wednesday or Thursday (happy birthday to me). Both of us are trying not to freak out too much. I'm beyond overwhelmed.

Today will be filled with getting the house ready for family. His mom and dad are on the way from Michigan. His bro and his fiance will fly in tomorrow. My mom and bro will be here next weekend.

I'm trying to track food to keep my streak going but I know I'm missing stuff :disappointed: I'm hoping he will kinda be mobile by next weekend. I'm off work till September 9th. Just in time to go back when we should be finishing packing for our trip out West. :bawling: No vacation for us.

Don't have too much fun without me lol
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    That is crazy!!
    Unfortunately getting bitten is a frequent occurrence in my job, I'm a vet. Tonight I have the joy of taking blood from a very angry cat every single hour. He's apparently angry at the best of times, and I doubt this is helping. Sighs. Only 5 hours to go...
    I put my angry cat on a Dexdomitor CRI and he was happy as a clam in about 30 minutes. Stayed that way for two days of hospitalization, blood draws and all. :smile:

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Another night, another mystery disease. Got a very painful dog and I can't figure out why.