PHOTO ONLY SUCCESS STORIES!

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    13962498_10100198385567661_2092632329910917563_n.jpg?oh=3633267326fd582cf5de30f5d8701a07&oe=585A70F6

YASSSS!!!!
  • tashantx
    tashantx Posts: 272 Member
    13962498_10100198385567661_2092632329910917563_n.jpg?oh=3633267326fd582cf5de30f5d8701a07&oe=585A70F6

Amazaballs
  • MaxT370
    MaxT370 Posts: 274 Member
    Russellb97 wrote: »
    Thank you!
    I grew up overweight, started dieting when I was 14. My weight yo-yo'd until my mid 20's when it just kept going up and up to the point I said screw it, it's not worth the fight. But when my son was born I regained motivation. I wanted to be around for him and if he was cursed with my genetics, I wanted to show him that we didn't have to accept that fate.
    My 330lbs picture was from late August 2003. I lost 100lbs by July 2004. Since then I've lost another 30lbs.
    I started on a regular low cal/low carb diet with exercise 5-6 days a week. I lost 15 pounds in the first month but then hit a 4 week plateau. I logged everything so I know I was within my calorie goals. Even worse, my food cravings were gaining in intensity. By the 4th week I was about to explode. I felt like I was going insane. I was literally day dreaming of eating donuts and washing them down with a chocolate malt. When I was at my lowest point mentally a voice in my head said "give in" not give up but give in. It made sense to me, as my biggest issue was motivation to lose weight it was my cravings compounded with no weight loss. So I did just "give in" for a day. I ate EVERYTHING I wanted, including 2 DQ blizzards, 3 donuts, large pizza, burgers from BK and stuff in between. The whole reason I did this was to clear my head and get rid of the cravings. It worked perfectly. Next day, cravings gone, stomach bloated, energy up and head clear. What happened at the end of the week though was what blew my mind because I lost 3 pounds that week. It didn't make any sense, perfect for 4 weeks with no weight loss and then a very high calorie day and I lost 3lbs?? So I did it again, and the end of that week I was down 2 more pounds. Naturally I never quit and lost 100lbs. To maintain the weight I made my splurge the whole weekend and I still lose a little bit every year.

Basically to lose weight:
    6 low calorie days based on my BMR, I did alternate high/low days high was BMR and low was BMR-500 and then one day a week I ate 2XBMR.
    The last several years I eat in that range vs. strict high and low day, if I'm hungry I'm higher and if I'm not I'm lower.
    The day after my 2XBMR (Spike Day) I lifted weights because with the high carbs the day before my glycogen was at full power and my strength skyrocketed, even while losing weight. To be clear I'm saying strength and not that I built a bunch of muscle while losing. My chest and arms all lost inches just like the rest of me.

The best advice I can give you is; don't listen to the mainstream. Their "advice" is what lead to the rise in obesity to begin with. Read and research for yourself.
    But most important of all, if your goal is long-term weight loss, you need to focus on METABOLISM. Metabolism is the reason why I plateau'd but I reversed that and made metabolism my b!tch. I'll be 40 next week and I eat more than ever and only go to the gym once a month to lift and maintain strength. I'm pretty active daily though but it should be noted that I quit doing cardio as part of my routine a few months into my initial 100lbs weight loss and never brought it back.

I hope this helps!

Is that the same as carb cycling? Low carb days and high carb days? I've found that doing this as well can spike loss...
  • belleflop
    belleflop Posts: 154 Member
    Russellb97 wrote: »
    Thank you!
    I grew up overweight, started dieting when I was 14. My weight yo-yo'd until my mid 20's when it just kept going up and up to the point I said screw it, it's not worth the fight. But when my son was born I regained motivation. I wanted to be around for him and if he was cursed with my genetics, I wanted to show him that we didn't have to accept that fate.
    My 330lbs picture was from late August 2003. I lost 100lbs by July 2004. Since then I've lost another 30lbs.
    I started on a regular low cal/low carb diet with exercise 5-6 days a week. I lost 15 pounds in the first month but then hit a 4 week plateau. I logged everything so I know I was within my calorie goals. Even worse, my food cravings were gaining in intensity. By the 4th week I was about to explode. I felt like I was going insane. I was literally day dreaming of eating donuts and washing them down with a chocolate malt. When I was at my lowest point mentally a voice in my head said "give in" not give up but give in. It made sense to me, as my biggest issue was motivation to lose weight it was my cravings compounded with no weight loss. So I did just "give in" for a day. I ate EVERYTHING I wanted, including 2 DQ blizzards, 3 donuts, large pizza, burgers from BK and stuff in between. The whole reason I did this was to clear my head and get rid of the cravings. It worked perfectly. Next day, cravings gone, stomach bloated, energy up and head clear. What happened at the end of the week though was what blew my mind because I lost 3 pounds that week. It didn't make any sense, perfect for 4 weeks with no weight loss and then a very high calorie day and I lost 3lbs?? So I did it again, and the end of that week I was down 2 more pounds. Naturally I never quit and lost 100lbs. To maintain the weight I made my splurge the whole weekend and I still lose a little bit every year.

Basically to lose weight:
    6 low calorie days based on my BMR, I did alternate high/low days high was BMR and low was BMR-500 and then one day a week I ate 2XBMR.
    The last several years I eat in that range vs. strict high and low day, if I'm hungry I'm higher and if I'm not I'm lower.
    The day after my 2XBMR (Spike Day) I lifted weights because with the high carbs the day before my glycogen was at full power and my strength skyrocketed, even while losing weight. To be clear I'm saying strength and not that I built a bunch of muscle while losing. My chest and arms all lost inches just like the rest of me.

The best advice I can give you is; don't listen to the mainstream. Their "advice" is what lead to the rise in obesity to begin with. Read and research for yourself.
    But most important of all, if your goal is long-term weight loss, you need to focus on METABOLISM. Metabolism is the reason why I plateau'd but I reversed that and made metabolism my b!tch. I'll be 40 next week and I eat more than ever and only go to the gym once a month to lift and maintain strength. I'm pretty active daily though but it should be noted that I quit doing cardio as part of my routine a few months into my initial 100lbs weight loss and never brought it back.

I hope this helps!

Fantastic write up and awesome before/after pictures. Thanks for sharing!
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member

YASSSS!!!!
    tashantx wrote: »

Amazaballs

Thanks. Considering my diet isn't that great and I am lucky for 2 gym days a week due to my infant I am happy as can be with my progress.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!