WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2016

Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Penny – hang in ! job stuff is challenging, and even more so when you are free lancing! LOVE the rock area!

Sugar – Good for you for bringing what works for you and participating that way… and congrats on being paid to exercise! LOL

Mary – Wow! ((((((hugs)))))) So glad you shared with DH! It seems to me that “everyone” is treating you wrong because he allows it…. A counseling session?

Lillian – hope your DSIL’s procedure goes great. And the house sound great, those renters have done you a favor as with that attitude they would be nothing but trouble.

Glo – ((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) thinking of you.

I took my DGS (god son) to lunch today, and the waitress carded us both… LOL he’s 23 I had a burger and onion rings… not a good choice, but not as bad as I expected, but I am stuffed! And so while I have calories for dinner I am not that interested… maybe a small salad.

Kettle/dumbbell PT swing
    7x10x2

August Goals:
    2 fun things a week, visiting with college prof, walking tour of tea gardens, birthday hike, learning to set and catch a gopher, planning camping trip, dinner at a new Chinese restaurant, trying coffee beer
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday
    Work on water consumption -

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 9.54min, 15.5amph, 130mhr, 2.5mi = 87c
    OTHER- PHYSICAL THERAPY @ gym- 40min, 1-2sets of 15 some w/5lb weights, 8#ball toss, ab excersices = 123c
    ride gym 2 dome- 4.57min, 12.7amph, 151mhr, 1mi = 64c
    ride dome 2 hm- 15.31min, 9.8amph, 155mhr, 2.5mi = 180c
    total cal 454
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Kirby got his leather if bracelet to match his wooden bike! No typos
    c9j8441bic0x.jpeg
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Wow! One night of no internet and I am way behind! I have lots of notes, but bed calling me! So Short and Sweet!
    WELCOME to the newcomers. We support each other. Come back often!
    Sending hugs, prayers, and praises to all!

Good night Sweet Ladies!
    Kylia sleepy in Ohio
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Happy Thursday !

@Mary I am so sorry you are going through this!

@Joyce I enjoy Pedicures! I don't get them often normally beginning of summer time! Our budget is tight so I go to the local beauty school. Good experience every time ! It's a nice treat!

Today went for my walk at the inside tract in the Y. So my Workout buddy isn't coming! I miss not working out with someone but I rather go alone than stop.

Wishing Everyone a good night!

Liz

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Janetr, yes I do have a pair of each of the shoes. lol Just trying to save space with only one picture. Glad you and Carey like my toe color. It’s what I wear all the time on hands and feet; “An Affair in Red Square”. (OPI)

Joyce, so glad to hear you were feeling a bit better.

Kay, our high school had great food also. And oh yes, those yeast rolls!!!

Mary, so sorry about your upset with DH. It’s ashamed that we all say things in anger that can never be taken back. (((Hugs)))

NYKaren, the theatre marathon sounds wonderful. Happy Birthday to your DD.

KJ, how fun to plan something fun for each day. What a cool Mom you are. olympic-runner-smiley-emoticon.gif

Lillian, the right renter will come along. Just say “Next” and move on. You know some people try to talk down the rent no matter if you want to pay them to live there. I guarantee you they have/will see places in terrible condition and yours is all fresh and spiffy.

Katjane, welcome. This is a great place for support and information. Many of us are on or started at 1200 calories. The first thing I did was go to the food database and look up all the things that I like. From there I immediately stopped eating certain foods or at least really cut down. It’s a work in progress to find what is good for you with food and activity. Please tell us a little more about yourself and sign each post with the name you want to be called. A location is great also, general or specific.

MicheleNC, I just want a picture or two (or three) of them out by the pool. We have seen them as you finished each one but none of them placed outside. How long have you had your wedding set in the safe? It somewhat defeats the purpose of having them if you can’t wear them. cute-sad-smiley-emoticon.gif

Dar, good for you on passing up that roll.

Heather, “naughty, naughty” for not writing but I know you will soon.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Our gas grill has two legs that have rusted almost off from where the little dogs use it as a fire hydrant. We bought a new one two or three years ago and it’s still in the garage in the box waiting for us to get rid of the old one. To hire someone to come pick it up and take it to the dump is not usually inexpensive simply due to the trip charge. Today when I was on the way to line dancing as I drove through a neighborhood about a mile from here, I saw a truck with three men that were loading “junk” from a garage. When I got to the corner I turned around and went back. I got out and ask if they might come to get our gas grill and then what they would charge. They said they could get it in about an hour and would charge $20. I called DH to let him know, wrote down the address and DH’s phone number and proceeded on to line dance. When I got home, it was gone. Woo Hoo. We are both so excited to have it gone. I just hope the new one that is now two or three years old will work. Lol I’m about to fall asleep so going to head to bed.
    Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! rainbow-smiley-emoticon.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • ReesyIsLivingOnKeto
    ReesyIsLivingOnKeto Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness. Feel free to add me as a friend. I am pushing towards 50 so you all will help me reach my goals so i am in better health amd fitness by 50
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Glo, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that fond memories will bring you comfort in the days ahead.

Carey-Northern Alberta
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Glowwormin - I'm so sorry
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    My heart rate is still 51!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm getting there.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Becca – Always good to put your feelings in a journal; done it for years. Sometimes when I think I am in a ‘hole’ all I have to do is ‘go back in time and realize just how far I have come’.

Katla – Are your keys for a ‘start button’ type of ignition? Apparently not; because you would not be able to walk away from it if you left the keys in the car, no would you be able to lock the doors. Also you would not have started it. Maybe you dropped them between the seat, if you have that type of key fob; and see if you can ‘start’ the car. If so, then they have to be somewhere in the car. DH doesn’t like to use his, because he is heavy and is a problem getting it into his pants. Seems like I remember you saying something about needed to re-key your husband’s key.

Boy, I wish I could find someone who could ‘unknit’ the only baby blanket that actually made it through their childhood. It has a big hole in it where my youngest one, who stick him finger into it and rubbed a hole in it.

Re in TX – When DH was younger; in his 30’s he had a lot of ‘chest hair’ … not ‘gorilla’, no back hair, but, still pretty hairy. That kept me warm; as we’ve gotten older; we have injured opposite shoulders; but, I can’t sleep on his side of the bed; and, he can’t sleep on mine; so we sleep in our little nests facing opposite walls. He doesn’t ‘move’ and I am ‘all over the place’. Do my side has all the covers on it and he is left with only his sheet.

Funny story about his hairy chest. He had just gotten out of the shower and about to get shirt on, when my youngest niece (at that time) … looked at his bald head and down at his chest and said, very innocently, “Your hair fell down!”

Glo – I am so sorry for your loss; I know it still hard even if he had lived to almost 98. My Dad was #2 in my life behind DH; and, then feel down 2 more slots with we had our boys. I have to laugh at our MDGD, who refers to her “Papa” as “#1’, her daddy as #2; a friend of her parents #3; and her boyfriend is #4.

Michele in NC – That reminds me that we need new filters for our hot tub; but looking at $25+ each and it holds 5; but, we need to first figure out what to do about the top which was damaged by hail last year.

Lenora
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Leonora: What do you mean by "Home Page"? All my details and photos are in a location called "Profile." Hope this helps you find what you're looking for. :smiley: The Passat key that is missing has a real metal key that goes into the ignition and folds inside its own case to carry in your purse or pocket. I'll look around the floor near the seat again more carefully. Thanks for the idea.

Becca: I know that there are fabulous singers in your area. They're part of a musical production called Shanghied in Astoria, and another version called Scrooged in Astoria. I don't know the name of the underlying group but North Coast Singers could easily be a part of it. We've been to performances of both productions and they are a hoot. :laugh:

IremiaRe: I'll look in the car between and door again and pay attention to the places I didn't look. It is a good idea. Thanks. :smiley:

GLo: I am so sorry for the loss of your dad. :broken_heart::heart:

DJ: My wedding ring is in my jewelry box because I had it made bigger when my weight was high and now its too loose. I'll get around to having it made smaller again, eventually. :smiley:

I'm currently watching Olympics at 11pm. It would be smarter to turn off the TV and go to bed. Have a good evening a great day tomorrow.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,753 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Morning ladies~
    slept 9 hrs last night.. geesh I needed it...had Taliah from 7:30-2:45 and we were busy during that time...left early to get my hair cut and stopped at a park for about 1/2 hr and Tal played at the playground for awhile. then off to Karens,, Tal had a good time with the kitties and was good while we were there, then we went to the pig roast....at nursing home... I give them a whole bunch of credit,getting a whole bunch of elderly patients and family fed.had live music and we were there for about an hour and my BIL and SIL came....
    then came back home and Tals dad came and got her around 2:45
    my foot is back to normal ,but peeved that it took until 5 last night for the Dr to contact me...I called them monday or tuesday .. the Dr I see I like her alot,but she said why did you ask for prednisone, you could have taken Nsaids, and I said no I cant with PKD (poly cystic kidney disease) she said ohhhhhh alright so thats why you asked for prednisone up front, I said yes I have had it before and I know what works.. so she called in a script and will pick it up tomorrow, just to have it on hand...
    Glo~ sorry to hear about your dad my dad has the same philosophy that he is planning making it to at least 100 and he will be 88 in October.. never ever easy losing a parent
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, checking in.

I'm so sorry to hear about your struggles with floods, illnesses, family, jobs and spouses. My heart and prayers go out to all who are struggling. I hope you find comfort in the arms of this awesome online community.

That being said, I find myself once again seeking support. The budding relationship with the man I began seeing in April fell apart last night. I'm sure that the excessive amount of time I have to put into my job didn't help to nurture our relationship. I'm sad.

Ironically, a couple of days ago I had a meeting with the president of the company to make him aware of exactly how many excessive hours my co worker and I are working, above and beyond the 40 hours we are paid for, and the impact it is having on our lives. I documented the time on paper and gave it to him. I don't know if he was fully aware of the situation and thought that presenting it in black and white would help him understand. I may have shot myself in the foot, but I had to give it a try.

No more time to elaborate, have to get ready for work.

Everyone have a nice day.

Chris in MA
  • ilikegardens
    ilikegardens Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Glo, I'm so sorry to hear about your father. ((((Hugs))))

Becca, It's wonderful that you got such great feedback on your singing!

Allie, so glad your doctor was reasonable about the prednisone.

Lenora, Loved the story about your DH's hair falling down! Also, because I've been swimming lately. I had to get a suit with a skirt to keep my scar covered so it didn't get sun. And that meant a two piece suit since I've got a long torso and hated the one piece suits with skirts. And because I'm a large woman, I like the ones with attached bras. OMG! I love the swimming. I dread taking off the top! When it's wet the back sticks, and I struggle to get it up high enough so I can pull it over my head. Then the attached bra gets twisted, with one cup turned inside out and the other stuck to my boob! Trapped! And all I can think of is your swimsuit story while my fingers ineffectually pluck at my suit's back. So I found another top on sale. Easier (not easy) to put on and take off. But, of course, it doesn't hold me up as well. :#

KarenE
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Friday! Slept in until 6 and that felt great!
    Glo- So sorry to hear about your father. 98 years and still mentally sharp is quite a wonderful thing. I am so happy that you had him as a tangible part of your life for so long. Although, thinking about it, my parents both passed when I was 26, but they have remained a part of my life since then. An absent part, but I can still hear their words and I know what advice they would give me on any given situation. Love and hugs to you and your family! <3
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    GLo- Sorry about the loss of your father. Sounds like he was awesome. I too plan on living to 100 as long as I remain active and alert. That is a fine goal!

I have so many notes. Need to learn the WP trick to stay caught up. Let's see how this goes....

Penny- (((Hugs))) and love the ex boyfriend comment! Prayers for something working out.

Grandmallie- The toe things sounds awful. I hope you are feeling better today.

KarenE- What is it about food?!? I really need to pull out cookbooks. I am easily bored with our food choices. DH would eat burgers everyday! I am a veggie person. Even my youngest daughter fights the same thing. My suggestion to her was that each of them picks 2 meals to cook, and each of the kids picks one. Then everyone gets a say in meals and teaches kids to plan and cook. That works great in a family, but it is just DH and I and he can't see to cook. After 9 hours at work, the last thing I want to do is think about dinner!

Janet- Prayers for your family. On the upside, RV travel so appeals to me!!!!! I am a little jealous. ;)

Michele- I love the turtle!!!!

Carol- Rentals can be a blessing or a nightmare. We have one commercial one that is easy. Then two residential. The one has had the same renter for 10 years. He cares for the place even if he isn't always caught up on rent. The other is quiet but pays on time. They signed a three year lease, but he just lost his job. Will have to wait to see what happens there. Your place sounds so cute!

Joyce- I hope you get answers soon.

Lenora- I so love your stories! :)

Katla- I am forever misplacing things. Found my camera card 3 days after losing it on top of the papertowel holder in the kitchen. My husband has only seriously lost one thing in his life. I replaced it for Christmas and he found it two days before Christmas........

Ladies, that was all my notes. Just trying to catch back up. Work is slow. I however, feel like a government road crew. I am still doing work while everyone else stands around. I guess that happens when you do so much of the background stuffs. I have a huge parts order due while I am on vacation, so trying to get done before we leave. I have taken it with us the last two years. House needs attention. Maybe tonight. Busy weekend ahead.

Down 1.5 pounds this week!!!!! Time to get ready for work.

have a great day!
    Kylia crazy in OHIO
  • pipcd34
    Options
    morning peeps