Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    My 2 deadlift AMRAP sets from yesterday: 525x3 and beltless 405x8. This was after 5 warmup sets and 5 doubles at 525.
    Dang son, wish I was that strong.
    Hello! Nervous as this is my first post ever on MFP :blush: Relearning my Oly lifts, trying to rid myself of bad habits from CrossFit. 120 lbs PR clean at almost 9 months post partum.
    Nicely done. Likewise, I've fallen into some bad habits, but not from CF. happens.
    Options
    About at 30 seconds is one way to get them on.
    I don't have SBD but am getting ready to purchase a pair.
    My old neos are tight and I used this method to help out on the leg hair issue (short of shaving and using baby powder)

http://youtu.be/C4oeRc5egO0

I almost do the same. I just fold my in half and savagely pull them up to my knee-cap.

There's no crying in powerlifting. :D
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ran my warm-ups yesterday morning. (Compilation video of squat, bench, deadlift: kinda long.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7xkTyxxDRo
    Squat was feeling pretty good. I've got some technical things to keep in mind this weekend, but I am much more confident now that I can get a few good squats in. And my outfit game is right on.

Also, I'm wearing my new INZER lever belt and let me tell you, the difference light-years more amazing than the "cheap" Lifting Large economy lever belt I had worn before.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Ran my warm-ups yesterday morning. (Compilation video of squat, bench, deadlift: kinda long.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7xkTyxxDRo
    Squat was feeling pretty good. I've got some technical things to keep in mind this weekend, but I am much more confident now that I can get a few good squats in. And my outfit game is right on.

Also, I'm wearing my new INZER lever belt and let me tell you, the difference light-years more amazing than the "cheap" Lifting Large economy lever belt I had worn before.

Looking good! Don't you love the belt? Mine bruises me and I still love it.

• juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    This is my getting over my fear of wearing shorts to the gym PR.

Way to overcome the shorts fear. I also don't see any fear of depth. Those were way deep.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    First even kinda sorta okay pull-ups in years. Haven't been able to do unassisted since I was 69kg. Bodyweight 86.3 this morning.

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    This is my getting over my fear of wearing shorts to the gym PR.

Everything about this is just great.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    First even kinda sorta okay pull-ups in years. Haven't been able to do unassisted since I was 69kg. Bodyweight 86.3 this morning.

I've struggled with pull ups. It's one of those accessories that could be SO beneficial, but I just won't take the time to improve them.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options

I've struggled with pull ups. It's one of those accessories that could be SO beneficial, but I just won't take the time to improve them.

I only do them when my programming calls for them. Which might be a couple times a year. And I usually wind up complaining to my coach about them.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I can't remember if I shared these or not!?!?

My dirty 265 squat- quite pleased- my last PR was 245- 250 was way to short. So- 20 pounds is huge for me. does happy dance!
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I can't remember if I shared these or not!?!?

My dirty 265 squat- quite pleased- my last PR was 245- 250 was way to short. So- 20 pounds is huge for me. does happy dance!

I like how it was a pr and you stayed tight through the entire motion!
    Options
    Meet was yesterday. Not stellar. The back/ oblique issue was more of a hinderance than I anticipated. Meet was in pounds for some odd reason.

Without going into the boring details, I finished 5/9. Squat: 2/3. 415, a platform PR by 1.6 pounds.

Bench 3/3 with a 315 final (143kg) a platform PR of 10 lbs.

Deadlift, 0/3, the back pain just too much. I did hit a top warm up of 375 but that was sucky.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    @nakedraygun

Congrats on the PR's especially under those conditions.

Now that you've done it, how do you feel about it as far as your decision to do it?
    edited August 2016
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    @nakedraygun

Now that you've done it, how do you feel about it as far as your decision to do it?
    I would have had regretted not going, and everything I learned or observed I made sure to record and post on my blog for future reference.

No regrets.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    @nakedraygun

I would have had regretted not going, and everything I learned or observed I made sure to record and post on my blog for future reference.

No regrets.

Excellent.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    @nakedraygun How many meets have you done this year?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Susan hit some huge milestones yesterday.
    314.5 squat (3 plates), 402 (!!) Deadlift, new all time low bodyweight (173), added 46lbs to her total in the past 12 weeks. She went 8/9.

This is the loudest I've ever cheered for anyone I think. There may have been a few tears.

She's been saying "some day I'll deadlift 400" for a long time. Yesterday was the day.

Room in the tank too.

https://youtu.be/wJjpBehteac

Just an all around happy vid right there :)