Squat, Bench, Deadlift, Snatch, C&J: Post your best videos

Options

Replies

• juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Long weekend with the family in Atlanta so no real gym time. Walked by the staircase on the sidewalk and couldn't resist though. I wanted to go all the way up, but a 2.5 story drop and common sense got the better of me.
    https://youtu.be/LN04F6GR-uI

Damn common sense. That's looks like a lot of fun.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Second last heavy bench day before comp. I'm going to need a refeed before the next one.

Ugh give me your arch!!! It's so beautiful!! I feel like being a shorty has made getting that perfect arch for me super difficult. I have to put down plates for my feet it's always fun times :[. And I'm sitting with a baby arch with a 125lb bench press.

This arch is a result of hypermobility and thousands of hours of bench practise. Some of the strongest benchers I know have very little arch - it comes down to practise practise practise. Find your groove and make every rep perfect.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    @nakedraygun Ya and I got my bw up to 200lb for the 265 bench PR. I wasn't running back then though.
    For the dead setup: I like a narrow stance. Inside the knurling, sometimes my grip too (im small), knees and toes are slightly pointed out.
    I hope I didn't sound critical, just curious. I thought height might be involved. Either way I like to ask instead of assuming - makes me smarter. (I hope.)
    Options
    Second last heavy bench day before comp. I'm going to need a refeed before the next one.

Ugh give me your arch!!! It's so beautiful!! I feel like being a shorty has made getting that perfect arch for me super difficult. I have to put down plates for my feet it's always fun times :[. And I'm sitting with a baby arch with a 125lb bench press.

This arch is a result of hypermobility and thousands of hours of bench practise. Some of the strongest benchers I know have very little arch - it comes down to practise practise practise. Find your groove and make every rep perfect.

So much agreement. Your groove is your best friend. Keep it close. Hug it a night. Buy it gifts. And never ever ever let it go.
    Options
    I've been following this thread for a while, where are all of the oly lifts? :) Snatches up to 64 kilos (141#) at 63BW.

Awesome. Keep posting.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    345x5 DL from this morning's workout
    https://youtu.be/-Gft2JhZoTQ
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

this.

consistency and doing it that way ever.single.time. even with the bar.
    Sometimes I feel silly for setting up for what appears to be a max lift... and I'm warming up. But it's allowed me to switch to a more stable set up platform and I've been able to make the transition within months to benching back up to my normal weights feeling confident and solid- better because moar leg drive.

But yes @willbenchforcupcakes... when i grow up. I wanna be like you :) isn't your meet this week? or did I miss it?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Last week's 505x3 after pulling 505x4x2.

https://youtu.be/CQ0KAcOUJNg

Those were very good.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    @JoRocka - I fly tonight and compete next Friday. So freaking excited. Just no words on how hard I've worked to get to this point and just so ready to show that work on the platform.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    @JoRocka - I fly tonight and compete next Friday. So freaking excited. Just no words on how hard I've worked to get to this point and just so ready to show that work on the platform.

And you should be- I'm very excited for you. Very VERY excited- I'll try to keep up on the various platforms of social media!!! Rooting for you all the way!
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yesterday, I decided to test max front squat. Before the first clip of a 335xFAIL, I did 315 which was my old max. The second clip is 320x1, which is a a modest 5 lbs gain and a PR. It moved easier than it looked and I probably should have attempted 325.

• maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    This was my 3rd attempt and a 1.8lb PR on my bench press at 126.8lbs! haha I was super excited about this because it was a good lift and I only hit 125lbs 2 weeks out. And this was my first meet EVER so double the excitement!!!

• McCloud33
    Options
    Those are great @maranarasauce93 ...Even the bench looked like it went up with relative ease.

Here my most recent from my 20 rep program. 210x20 Will be over 2 plates by this time next week! :smiley:
    https://youtu.be/CA_p4lhoIO0
  • JoRocka
    Options
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Those are great @maranarasauce93 ...Even the bench looked like it went up with relative ease.

Here my most recent from my 20 rep program. 210x20 Will be over 2 plates by this time next week! :smiley:
    https://youtu.be/CA_p4lhoIO0

GO TWO PLATES!!! GO!
    Options
    Nice job @McCloud33. You held your form really good and the last reps you became more explosive!

From this morning. 250x8.

Top set bench press - missed rep goal by one.
  • McCloud33
    Options
    Thanks @nakedraygun Form is definitely one thing that this 20 rep program has helped with. There are enough reps there to really find your groove. Hoping the form sticks through as the weights keep going up.

Still jealous of that bench LOL I'm still stuck at a 1RM of between 235-240 :disappointed:
  • juliewatkin
    Options
    This was my meet last weekend. Deadlift second attempt at 140kg. Sadly the third at 147.5 barely left the floor. Last summer I hit 145 at a similar body weight so am a bit disappointed but have been struggling with hip issues.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gws82JX50e8
  • juliewatkin
    edited May 2016
    Options
    double post
  • JoRocka
    Options
    aw- sorry to hear that- I can't see it- but I know the gritty disappointment of failing a pull you know you had before.

more chance to succeed later. I'll come watch the pull later tonight!