Who pays?

Options
Angela937
Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
If you're meeting up with someone for the first time, whether its a blind date or match from a dating site, who should pay?

The one who initiated the meet, or should it always be the guy?

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think it should be the person that initiated. Then again, just don't pull any fake reach crap.
  • mrbullfrog
    mrbullfrog Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Guy should always pay for the ladies meal. If your gay then I'm clueless how you folks work that out.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    If it's the same dude don't bother eating -.-

Also this. You don't want the meal going to waste by puking.
  • mrbullfrog
    mrbullfrog Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Almost forgot, if you invite a friend out for a bite then pick up the tab and resist the offer the split the bill.
  • arleban
    arleban Posts: 369 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I assume I'm going to pay, as the guy. I don't mean that as a diss, just that it covers traditional women who expect it and modern ladies who may appreciate it. If the woman offers to split, I will accept.

If this is the same guy from your previous date, just lay over his hips to prevent a repeat. :smile: good luck!
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    What is this chatter about the last dude?
  • AnabolicMind2011
    AnabolicMind2011 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Op- on any other date that you've ever been on, who paid the bill?
  • arleban
    arleban Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

Check out the thread titled Tinder. Tl;dr: dude shoved during oral time and made her sick.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Not that I've dated in awhile but I'd always offer no matter who initiated. I'd always be td to put my money away but I figure it's polite to offer. I'm soooo Canadian
  • Alienique
    Alienique Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The way I see it is:
    If you initiated, you pay.
    But, if you're a girl and you initiated, you should EXPECT to pay (i.e., be prepared, offer, and don't be offended if you end up paying), but ALLOW the guy to do so if he's persistent about it. To me, there's something rude and unseemly about women who'll fight to the death over being able to pay their own bill - if the guy really wants to pay, let him pay...but still be a gentlewoman and at least take your wallet out. And if he's the type of *kitten* who forms "expectations" after paying for a $40 dinner and a $10 movie (seriously, most hookers would probably charge him more than that), then that's his problem.
  • sunshine_janice
    sunshine_janice Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Dutch. ..meaning you pay for your own. I'm not the type to let a man pay for me. I see it as,,,,we both work hard for our money...it shouldn't fall on one person. Now I'm married...my hubby does pay haha.
  • Angela937
    Options
    Op- on any other date that you've ever been on, who paid the bill?

My husband, or ex husband I guess. I've never been on a date with anyone else but him and "that other guy." I'd really like to know some basic rules!
  • Angela937
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

He was just very insisting...apparently not enough to pay for dinner though.

No, I paid