Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• No_Playa
    No_Playa Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Morning. Trying to feel excited about being back at it! yay... yes, so true, I have no idea about other people and what their trials and tribulations are.. but still, I like to complain.

Beth, Welcome!

I'm planning on going for a walk today with a friend. I also hiked when I was in Arizona, so it was not all debauchery. We went to Walnut Canyon and to the Grand Canyon. I did less at the Grand Canyon then I had wanted to because the weather was bad but it was amazing with the lightning. Such vastness.

So here is my plan. Track. No week day beer. Drink Water. Eat more protein. Keep fresh veggies and fruit in the fridge. Go shopping so I don't have only crackers and PB in my cubbard. I am struggling with the work out portion.. I injured my shoulder so kick boxing has been hard to get in. I REALLY do not like running, but will do it with a buddy. Walking is nice but I'm not sure it actually is enough.. I'd like to talk to a trainer about doing a mix cardio, weight lifting thing. I could do that. I get board easily and need to keep switching it up.

Kids go back to school in 2 weeks so I will have more time to sneak in a work out during my work day.

Onward!
    Chamie

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    Toe apt at 11.00 with Dr. if nothing else maybe I can get a note to wear comfy shoes for awhile. My doctor is out on maternity leave (she had a boy- she didnt want to know) and so for a toe, gender of dr doesnt matter. Off to get hair cut. bbl.
  • calny
    calny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi Crazy busy day-

Working on the main meal at lunch and checking the menu before. Joined the gym Monday. Tuesday I just sat on the couch : ). Today I am going out for happy hour so that will be tricky.

Sara- I am now back at my old/new job and the politics are the same. I just keep my head down and try to avoid all the b.s. Those people (the woman you mention) always get there's in the end. Best to just take care of yourself.

Lana- Hope you are doing ok today! Thinking of you.

Annie- Good for you on the 2miles!!! I am with you 1000% on staying out of the fray. Some #$% went down on Monday and I got texted on Sunday night to "help out". The old Jen would have, but this is not my business so they are on their own. Glad I did because it was a cluster and nothing could be pointed to me. I feel better and its noticeable. It's because I am just not getting involved.

Chammie- Like the no weekday beer! I actually rethink alcohol as... is this worth it. I had 2 esspresso martinis. Kahlau, espresso, cream. Afterwards I just thought...that was so not worth it. Brunch would have been fine with just tea.

Ok back to work!
    Jen-
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Waiting for prescription after lunch. Toe is infected slightly and I have a note stating that because of my foot I have to wear "shoes with enough room". See how that flies.

KIND bar with dark chocolate/peanut butter for dessert after having Taylor's kale chopped salad with .25 of a chicken breast.
  • No_Playa
    Options
    Tillie- your employer cares about your shoes? Sorry. I work from home so I can't imagine.. I wear flip flops.

Calny- nope, not worth it all. But still hard to pass up. :) Good on you for staying out of the fray!

CL
  • samfer_x
    samfer_x Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This describes me so well! Hey, it is a journey and it will have ups and downs!
    Please feel free to add for mutual support!
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sara - I also wear flip flops to my office nearly every day in the summer. Granted, I do have some that are "fancy" with sparkles on them...but still flip flops. :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Could not find anything at stores near me, so I ordered Clark's/Naturalizer online. Never done that but we shall see. There was a dress code issue big time(too much showing) and so they enforced the dress code. My supervisor also holds us to "age appropriate", she must really roll her eyes at one coworker who looks like she is wearing a potato sack most of the time..... With a sore /infected toe, I have to find better shoes.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana #2 card will be mailed tomorrow.

Nap time one of the best perks of a day off.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,862 Member
    Options
    Sara
    Thank you
    I am at a hotel w sister. Will see cards when home Fri or Sat
    Hugs to all
    Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Jen- I will definitely look into that! I have a wonderful new friend at work who is also trying to get herself back on track. Although, she looks amazing. I know what it's like to not like what you see when you look in the mirror. She may be my perfect referee!

Lana- So good to see you popping in! Hugs

Sara- sorry bout the toe...never fun with toe/foot troubles... Hope its better soon!

So ready for Sunday and Monday! I love going home and visiting family, just always so exhausted the next work week. My show has now come to an end and I don't know what to do with myself. Haha...hoping to get up and move more..new shoes are causing a bit of discomfort. Hope to adjust soon...then, onto the next excuse...

Hugs to all-
    Dawn
  • ACJP2014
    ACJP2014 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm back on the weight loss/fitness journey and find that doing it again is so much harder. The first time round all the little changes and my increase in strength and fitness were really motivating. It has now been over a year since I was where I wanted to be and I keep re-starting, going nowhere and stopping. It's almost like I've achieved it once and proven it to myself so now have no motivation to do it again.

Any tips or support for a re-starter?

Thanks,
  • No_Playa
    Options
    I made it through today. Tracked. Went for a walk and no beer! Phew.

Welcome ACJP! Oh man, phase 1 - Just check in and be accountable. Sometimes that is all I have in me but if I keep checking in, things stick and my mind frame changes to where I am ready to do what needs to be done. Everyday is a recommit. When I expect it to be easy, I fall out of my practice and end up back at the beginning..which is where I am at the moment, so I have major empathy!

I am trying to keep my eyes open. I have a call with India in another hour and a half.. brutal.

chamie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good Morning,

Chamie - good advise! If you work from home and live in "global economic time" you could be making phone calls at any time - brutal is the word.

Welcome ACJP - Think long term. Start with making small easy steps first.

Hoping for a little more sleep. I have to take antibiotics every 6 hours, so I now understand the strange message on the bottle - do not lay down after taking medicine until at least 10 minutes have passed. Medicine makes me a little sleepy - lets see how this works at work?? :o

Lana - hope you are doing well. Think hourly at the moment. Glad your sister's visit is helpful.

Need to get moving if I am to get any extra sleep.

Wave to all who follow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn put PB2 in my oatmeal this morning and that was a nice change (1T), so another use for it.
  • No_Playa
    Options
    Morning! Felling a little more motivated today. I have my smoothie in hand and am thinking about what to plan for lunch & dinner. Tostadas are always a yummy and a good choice. Tuna and egg salad with veggies is also a favorite. My jeans are oh-so-tight- I may have to change into something a little easier on the waist.

We have one more out of town week end event before school starts and I want to be solidly ON PLAN when we leave. Otherwise I know I'll just have to restart when I return with even more to lose. I'll be active but the food will be challenging.

Have a great Thursday all. Summer keeps ticking away..

Chamie
  • calny
    calny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Morning All-

Went to happy hour last night. Had one Mojito and apps that turned into dinner. Carb heavy but I only had a bit. Lunch yesterday (guess on Wednesday they put out a snack of these delicious chocolate chip cookies). Was polenta, broccolini and curry chicken. So I had a heavy lunch and then apps for dinner. Dont' feel too bad though. Only worked out 1 day though. Happy hour again tonight but I am down to a 1 drink so I am not too worried. WI on Friday and just found out that Friday is vegeterain day so light lunch will be good.

I am trying to get my schedule down food wise. Seems Thursday is pasta so that will be the day to bring lunch.

Chammie- I find being OP is so hard when traveling. Keep at it!

Sara- I dont know if i can do PB2 unless I mixed it in a drink for flavor or like you do wiht oatmeal.

Lana- Hang in there!!! Thinking of you.

Jen-
  • No_Playa
    Options
    mmm. I like PB2 in a banana/ almond milk smoothie. Almost desert.

I'm hanging in there today but am very tired. When I am tired I want to snack! Drinking water is kind of working. And I ate dinner for lunch. Maybe my poor body is detoxing all the sugar and preservatives I've been indulging in lately.

My son is up for advancement in taekwondo this weekend. I am excited for him as athletics has not been his thing so far. I am happy he has found something that motivates him. I think it's important for kids to be involved in some form of sport just so they know they have the ability to physically work hard. This guy would be pleased to sit in front of a screen for 48 hours straight so I'm thrilled that this activity has stuck. He also has some attention issues and TKD appears to be helping that too.

Ok, I'd better attempt to get something completed today at work. Wow, not feeling it at all today. I'm going to bed early tonight!

Chamie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Coworker popcorn fundraiser for scouts, has a donation where the "popcorn" goes to soldiers/veterans. So that will be my choice. Do good two ways.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,862 Member
    Options

Peep......and back to sleep.....
    Hugs,
    Lana