Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch was the best! Absolute favorite cereal when I was a kid... Oh the memories...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,348 Member
    Options
    Lana - As if he could not pick the worst time to say something like that!! I am glad MSK went okay at least.
    I wish I could find the words to make today better. Find your favorite blanket to sleep with and aim for tomorrow. Is there a doghouse DH can go into? >:)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    * find me sharpening my cutlery knives to travel to NYC and find some small nuts to chop. I am so wicked today.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    That's a good one Sara
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Lana, I am so glad to hear things went well at MSK today. And very sorry to hear about your husband. Even my DH said, "What a jerk!"
  • calny
    calny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Lana- Glad things went well at MSK. DH doesnt sound tuned in to what's going on. Sorry to hear he is being a whiner.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

I have some stupid neighbors. I know I am awake, but it is way too early to be this loud....

Did not sleep too well - pesky mosquito, so I dog is taken care of and I hope to find a little more sleep before work.

Lana - I tried to send you something from Amazon, but needed a phone #. So I will give you the name of the book "The power of now" by Eckhart Tolle. Paperback book under $10.00 - try used book stores. Very simple but grounding book. I also want you to ask your drs about what books you can get for diet / supplemental alternative medicines (acupuncture etc) while you are going through this, before the wave hits. I will keep you in my daily thoughts when I give thanks for my day.

Annie/Jen/Dawn wishing you a good day as well. Wave to all who stop by.
  • ASalner
    Options
    It's Wednesday. Yawning because I've been staying up too late watching the Olympics. I can't get enough of swimming and Michael Phelps!

Back to daily weighing and today I was up .6 lbs. Seriously? But will stick with plan and trust weight will come off. Today is the first day of my 30-Day No Soda/Pop Challenge with my brother's fitness business. Wish me luck! Trying to figure out how I can get through a movie on Friday night without having some pop!!!

Ate well yesterday, except did dip my fingers in candy dish a couple of times - but I faithfully tracked. Got in 2.6 miles on the treadmill last night to complete 10,000 steps on my Fitbit. Eventually my pants will feel looser, right?

Vacation approved for 12/22-12/30!!! We are going to fly from MN to Southern GA to visit my parents for Christmas. Hoping to go 12/23-12/29 and then still come home to a few more days off! Excited as we haven't been able to afford and make the trip (flying 5 of us) since our littlest one was a baby. (He's 6 now.) My parents have been up here to visit in the summers, but not at the holidays. I know it bums out my in-laws that we'll be gone (they only had 2 kids, so it's DH and his sister). But honestly, I don't like spending the holidays with my in-laws (father-in-law is a grump and a bully and so is sister-in-law), so it makes it extra nice for me. Of course, we'll plan a get-together on a different day with them.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Annie - glad you get to spend time with your parents for change, and a nice change in weather.... Christmas without snow!! Hold your ground with the in-laws. Didnt you give up soda for Lent? So you can do it again. Did you see a weight change during Lent? Soda has so much sugar and it is usually corn syrup which has an added starch which makes it even harder to "work it off". Keep up posted on your 30 day plan. Good job on the treadmill.

Need to scoot to work.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Thanks, Sara. Hoping for warmer weather when we are in GA. The last time, it got quite cold (we even saw a few snowflakes). But we still got outside a lot more than we would have in MN. Played at the beach, did some sight-seeing. :)

I did give up soda and sweets for Lent and I believe I lost about 5 lbs. Hoping this will help me get those pesky pounds off again since they seem to have found me!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,885 Member
    Options
    Hey there Ladies~~

Flying through and checking in.....thanks for the words of support!

Sara I laughed out loud when I read about your cutlery. That was funny!

Today I am taking care of a million little things and paying bills

.....Annie good luck with your healthy beverages challenge! You did very well earlier in the year.
    Waves to Jen and Dawn and anyone lurking~~

Cabana Boys have some cool breezes and evening cocktails for anyone who survived their Wednesday!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,885 Member
    Options

Super easy meal on the fly:
    toasted healthy bread, part skim ricotta blobbed on it, cinnamon or cinnamon sugar, or blueberries on top. One or two pieces depending on how much you want to "spend" on which meal of the day.
    I just made 2 pieces for a very quick dinner.

Lana
  • ASalner
    Options
    Lana, that sounds yummy! I've been trying to stay away from carbs, but broke down and had a piece of toast with my leftover beef stew. It was split top wheat, so not that healthy, but tasted good.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Just running thru waving to all! Half way thru my week...long and hot...try to visit tomorrow... Nite
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Almost lights out, learned how to crochet another flower - think "flower power" with 5 petals and a round (empty) middle - considering buttons for middle of flower. I was looking for variety and ease, so I found both.

Wishing all a good night.
  • marjikaparji22
    marjikaparji22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am definitely not in my first attempt to loses weight. But I'm sick of being so overweight. I've been obese since I was a young child. I don't know what being fit feels like. I want it to be that time finally and am looking for any motivation/support buddies as possible! Feel free to add or message me if you'd like!
  • Junebordner
    Junebordner Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Please sign me up for an accountability partner.
    I'm pretty good at cheering people on and could definitely use some friends to be accountable to also
  • Junebordner
    Junebordner Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    By the way, my name is June. I have not been to WW in a few years but I love the name Serial Starters
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good Morning,

Welcome June and Marjika - stop by and post when you can. We often have weekly or daily questions and this is this weeks- Jen asked this one....

QOTW: What will you do this week to keep you motivated.

It is Thursday - how is everyone doing staying motivated??

AOTW: I have kept busy staying out of the kitchen after dinner and doing other things. I got the rest of my Amazon gifts for dr apt/tests, so I have some great DVD's to watch - which will also keep me busy. I could knit while watching them.

I hired a friend to walk my dog, there was a fear that she in her age with new meds she may have troubles so for the last year and a half she would come and let her out for a pit stop. She called yesterday and she got a job she really wants (she found out Tuesday) and today is her last day. I know my dog likes the extra attention, we shall see how things go as I dont have a replacement.

Okay no more essays, Annie keep up the fight against soda, Lana check in when you can. Jen - when is your ww meeting?

Will stop by later. Wave to all who follow.

• ASalner
    Options
    Thursday. Scale shows I lost what I had gained yesterday plus another .2, so today I weigh what I wanted to weigh as I've been back to tracking and exercising for the last week. 12 lbs to get to my ultimate goal.

My AOTW was to track everything and so far, so good. It does make me stop and think about putting something in my mouth (mostly at home after supper.) It's been good to get walking again. Last night I did 2.4 miles to get to my 10,000 steps. Avoided soda last night, although the root beef flavored beer in my fridge looked mighty tasty last night. I did not drink it.

Tonight was supposed to be grilled chicken, but I have eaten that as leftovers the last three days. DH said he will make something with chicken but not grilled. :)

DD is turning 13 in a couple of weeks. Tonight she and I will go shopping to gather some gift ideas for relatives who will attend her family party and want to buy her gifts.

Finished the final project for my summer personal finance class last night. Now I get a couple of weeks off before another class starts up.

I'll check back in later! Have a good one.