The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• xxsarahapril
    xxsarahapril Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What do you guys have to help you get threw the night? I'm at work now and forgot to get energy drinks
  • xxsarahapril
    Options

And then you can take a NAP!

I :heart: Naps. :mrgreen:

Oh I've been napping too lol

Dr is concerned with the size of the tumor so hubs will be in surgery first thing Monday morning. They have to remove the back part of L3-L5 :worried: So it's pretty damn invasive but the surgery should only last about 4 hours. I hope he'll be home Wednesday or Thursday (happy birthday to me). Both of us are trying not to freak out too much. I'm beyond overwhelmed.

Today will be filled with getting the house ready for family. His mom and dad are on the way from Michigan. His bro and his fiance will fly in tomorrow. My mom and bro will be here next weekend.

I'm trying to track food to keep my streak going but I know I'm missing stuff :disappointed: I'm hoping he will kinda be mobile by next weekend. I'm off work till September 9th. Just in time to go back when we should be finishing packing for our trip out West. :bawling: No vacation for us.

Don't have too much fun without me lol

I hope everything went well and hubby is doing alright xx
  • sammie7474
    sammie7474 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    To get me through a rough night I listen to up beat music. Because I work overnight at a store I can pickup anything I forgot at lunch- when they open the register for us- until then I tell people to back off until then and the majority do. I also do a few exercises at break to get to lunch also.(i.e. Jumping jacks,laps @store and stretches )
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    I keep a supply of Monster Zero ultras and two boxes of 5 hour energy drinks. Sometimes I'll mix them together if I'm really struggling. :smile:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I get up and walk. Though I work at a desk in the IT dept. I can take a few breaks through out the shift and take 10 to 20 mins walking breaks. I found it will give me a boost of energy.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    In the middle of winter when it is really slow, we will take turns catching 45 minute naps.
  • xxsarahapril
    Options
    I work in fast food so I'm always on my feet and moving. I was so worried that I was going to turn to soft drinks that night but I didn't. I ended up having 3 coffees in the last 2hours of my shift and got a 'caffeine hangover' I didn't even know that was a thing hahaha
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I miss the gang and when we hung out on this thread. Did that actually happen, or was that my imagination?
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I miss the gang and when we hung out on this thread. Did that actually happen, or was that my imagination?

We did but I'm just not here enough. I'm out on the campus and stuff.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It's been pretty busy lately. I'll be back more as it slows down for winter.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    ***waves hi***

Okay, surgery went very well, tumor was completely removed and benign. We stayed in the hospital from Monday till Friday evening. They sent hubs home with a bunch of meds; I had to make a table to keep track of what time he gets his meds so I don't give too much or too soon. He's doing better and better everyday. The stitches are gonna leave a pretty gnarly scar. I can post a pic later if it no one is opposed. I'm pretty sure you guys wouldn't mind :lol:

I'll be in here more and more now that we got a schedule down. I'm scheduled to go back to work Sept 9th for now. Hubs can't start physical therapy until his stitches come out next week. No vacation for us but it's cool; I'm pretty sure hubs will be sick of me by time I go back to work lmao

I miss you guys!! Thanks to anyone who sent good vibes our way :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    So totally not the first time my post has shut this thread down...boo
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Haha I just assumed everyone had abandoned thread! I'm glad the surgery went well...how's hubby recovering?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Two days since any one posted. Not as active as it used to be. Hope everyone is well. Just spent the weekend Praying to the porcelain gods. Food poisoning sucks. :smile:
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Back again after a year and a half off workouts, tons of sweets and bad habits, and a pregnancy. Suffice to say Im 70lbs higher than when I left. I missed you guys and I'm sorry for MIA. But my daughter is healthy and amazingly happy. Shes gorgeous. My son is 3 now and lemme tell you....those tantrums test my limits some days but man when he runs over to hug mama....one of the best feelings ever. I love my kids. I still dispatch but with a new agency and Im permanent nights now. No rotation to days. And sadly I went from being with someone that was supposed to be forever (we'd be together almost 3 years) to him cheating after our daughter was born and now Im a single mom (but of two instead of one this time). Sadly hes gonna be living with me for a few more weeks til he find a room to rent or something. So yea.....theres the big updates. Hows everyone else been? Im sure ive missed quite a bit.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Hubs is doing fine, he got the stitches out yesterday. I'll be back to work tomorrow night. I'll work nights this weekend and next week before switching to days. I'll still be stalking you guys on here so no worries lol

@LacednLace WTF? He sucks but go you!!! I should've checked here before I messaged you back lol. Glad your babies are doing good :heart:

20jl2v2kkwlp.jpg
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Bethany - Wow! Quite the scar! There's got to be a way you could turn that into a cool tattoo with a railroad or something.

Laced - That is how I feel about my daughter. She can try my wife's patients right to the edge. Then I'll ask her and she hops right to it. She ask her mother for something and mom will say, "We'll have to see". She comes up to me, snuggles in tight and asks, "Can I have a My Little Pony?" I can't help it. I open up Amazon and we order one. :smile: Sorry about the guy. It's tough to find a good mate. Society wants us to believe that we have this magical soul mate out there when the truth is, Marriage and love are like a garden. They grow, but only with a lot of tedious hard work.
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    @sufferlandrian That's cute. But that's why she's all sweet for you lol. I get to be the bad and good guy constantly. And yes it is difficult. He was a great guy. But after I had my daughter I hit some post partum depression along with not being able to breast feed adequately. I was suffering emotionally and I don't think he handled it the way a partner should. There's no excuse for what he did. His family tries telling me how much he loved me or how he wouldn't have cheated if he hadn't been drinking that night but at the end of the day he knew what he did and he was sober after it happened and still continued messaging her inappropriate things along with "I love you's". Doesn't help that he initiated it or that its an ex of his or that he lied to my face about it numerous times until she offered to send proof. But alas im going to stop there because im just getting upset.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Man, I'm sorry you had to go through that, but I'm sure you're an amazing mamma!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    His loss. I'm sure your kids think the world of you. :smile:
    Well, after an extended illness, I'm finally getting back to human. I commuted to work again tonight and although it was pretty slow, it was nice to not worry about how far is the next bucket or bathroom. Food poisoning sucks. :smile: