Where are all the metalheads?

Options

Replies

• King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Not sure as I consider myself a metalhead compared to the old me, but I still listen to progressive and power metal, and every once and awhile some grindcore. Also enjoy some neo-classical guitar shredding like Marty Friedman or Jason becker.

Between the Buried and Me (lifelong fan)
    Rhapsody (of Fire)
    Fleshgod Apocalypse
    The Faceless
    Necrophagist
    Psyopus
    Heavenly

(Just some of the metal i keep on my phone)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Protest the hero, veil of maya, revocation, twelve foot ninja, intervals, allegaeon, periphery, toothgrinder are all go to bands for me.

Anyone else into progressive/djent?

Protest the Hero, Tesseract, and Veil of Maya are among those I listen to regularly. The others I'm not familiar with, though I did read Allegaeon as Aegeon at first and thought, "wow, someone other than me has heard of those guys?"
  • fatgiraffe2
    fatgiraffe2 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    King_Spicy wrote: »
    Not sure as I consider myself a metalhead compared to the old me, but I still listen to progressive and power metal, and every once and awhile some grindcore. Also enjoy some neo-classical guitar shredding like Marty Friedman or Jason becker.

Between the Buried and Me (lifelong fan)
    Rhapsody (of Fire)
    Fleshgod Apocalypse
    The Faceless
    Necrophagist
    Psyopus
    Heavenly

(Just some of the metal i keep on my phone)

I love RoF :) I was very lucky to have seen their last UK show as the full band before they split into 2 separate bands and it was so so good.
  • King_Spicy
    Options

I love RoF :) I was very lucky to have seen their last UK show as the full band before they split into 2 separate bands and it was so so good.

@fatgiraffe2 They are the perfect jogging music. Their fast tempo just keeps me going and going.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Protest the hero, veil of maya, revocation, twelve foot ninja, intervals, allegaeon, periphery, toothgrinder are all go to bands for me.

Anyone else into progressive/djent?

Protest the Hero, Tesseract, and Veil of Maya are among those I listen to regularly. The others I'm not familiar with, though I did read Allegaeon as Aegeon at first and thought, "wow, someone other than me has heard of those guys?"

Very nice!
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Deftones?
    Going to see Alter Bridge in December, though I'd call them heavier rock/proggish than metal.
  • DarthSpence
    DarthSpence Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Here!
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I finally got to see Slipknot and Marilyn Manson on Saturday. Of course they delayed the performances due to "inclement weather"...In Phoenix. :rage: but that didn't stop us from staying outside while it poured outside to wait for the performances. They did not disappoint. It was worth waiting the 2 months delay (because of Corey Taylor's surgery) plus the 2 hour weather delay haha.
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine seen limp bizkit a couple of weeks ago, i didnt know they were even still together, i know they're not a metal band but i'm man enough to admit it..... I did like some songs haha
  • King_Spicy
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    apparently anything is classified metal with this thread lol...........

Sometimes you just have to smile and nod.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Another long-time metalhead checking in. I'm an 80's kid that grew up learning Slayer songs and playing guitar in 80's metal (*not* Glam...) cover bands.

The media player is loaded up with the newest HellYeah and Disturbed albums (Unden!able and Immortalized) to get me through this afternoon.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I keep thinking this says Where are all the meatheads. I like metal but not that wimpy stuff like new Metallica nor anything with a guitar solo.
  • liftinggoddess1
    liftinggoddess1 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Present and accounted for
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Skeletonwitch, deicide, havok, tyr, battlecross, obituary..the list goes on. LOVE metal. Older/newer stuff depending on the vocals&sound.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I keep thinking this says Where are all the meatheads. I like metal but not that wimpy stuff like new Metallica nor anything with a guitar solo.

Hey now, these guys don't just make guitar solos look good, they also have dat bass solo...it's like Metallica...in 1983...but technical death metal.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0MkJtI3FvU
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Was at last nights Airbourne gig and it was brilliant.
    My ears are stil ringing and I'm not sure how I made it into work - but jesus they were good.
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

Hey now, these guys don't just make guitar solos look good, they also have dat bass solo...it's like Metallica...in 1983...but technical death metal.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0MkJtI3FvU

Great band! Kind of surprised to see anyone post actual (what I consider at least) metal.
  • SisypheanWorkout
    SisypheanWorkout Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'd love some metalhead MFP friends. Got some Lamb of God going as we speak. Love Parkway Drive, Pantera, Suicide Silence and the like. Feel free to add me. Metal makes the gym weights so much lighter.
  • SisypheanWorkout
    SisypheanWorkout Posts: 105 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    https://youtu.be/Y2qPN8ZN7U8

Some Black Dahlia Murder. One of my fav lifting tunes.