Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Anyone fail on a bio hacking diet?

1234568»

Replies

• fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    mesomorphs

OHGODOHJESUS! How do I stop getting notifications from this thread?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    fatfudgery wrote: »
    mesomorphs

See that little star near the top right of the page? Click it so it isn't filled in.

PS: Sorry that my post gave you another notification.

PPS: No, I'm not really sorry. :shrug:
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    TR0berts wrote: »
    fatfudgery wrote: »
    mesomorphs

See that little star near the top right of the page? Click it so it isn't filled in.

PS: Sorry that my post gave you another notification.

PPS: No, I'm not really sorry. :shrug:

To add: If the star is not filled in and you're still getting notifications, then you have your notification preferences set to receive notifications every time someone posts in a thread you've posted in. I'm afraid that's an all or nothing option. You can go to your notification preferences and untick that option, but you won't get notifications on any other threads you haven't starred.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    What does ure mean?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Midge Ure? He's not fat though
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    How does a diet get noticed? By the success of its participants so if were looking for a control group, here's one. Keep looking and you will find many more. Also on the macro energy side refer to the ATP production rates from oxidization of each macro per molecule, simple enough thats not theory.

That just shows you don't know what a control group is, and therefore are scientifically illiterate in this sense and as such cannot correctly argue for anything on this topic as you clearly cannot interpret scientific data and vocabulary. Therefore you are someone I would strongly recommend people don't listen to.

Ure fat

Wow.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    http://blog.nasm.org/nutrition/biohack-metabolism/ "Individuals with sleep problems and/or excessive daytime sleepiness report a significant reduction in their levels of physical activity and NEAT, which could reduce AEE" What is NEAT?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Treece68 wrote: »
    http://blog.nasm.org/nutrition/biohack-metabolism/ "Individuals with sleep problems and/or excessive daytime sleepiness report a significant reduction in their levels of physical activity and NEAT, which could reduce AEE" What is NEAT?

@Treece68 NEAT is Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis. That is everything you do during the day that burns calories and is not exercise or a function of keeping you alive (like brain activity, blood circulation, breathing, etc.). NEAT is cooking, grocery shopping, activity level at work, and all other typical activities you do that are not exercise.

They are basically saying that if you are tired you don't move as much during the day.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Never felt as stupid as I do having attempted to read this thread.

Bio what now?