Lose 5 Pounds A Month July 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Thanks jen ya it is pretty cool to see how many of us are still here. Iv been on mfp for a year and 5 days! Im really hoping to continue on with a healthy but small weight gain starting with a loss this month. Good luck on getting back toward your goal im glad we are all still here sticking it out even tho we fall off the wagon now and then
  • traceface1788
    traceface1788 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    better late than never!

SW: 145.2
  • afitchpatrick
    afitchpatrick Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    UGHHHH...... I AM NEW TO THIS SITE AND SINCE I HAD MY DAUGHTER 2 YEARS AGO I CANT KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF I HAVE ONLY LOST A POUND SO FAR AND I DONT FEEL LIKE I'M LOSING FAST ENOUGH. NE SUGGESTIONS OR TRICKS TO HELP ME OUT. I FEEL REALLY BUMMED LIKE I WILL NEVER WEIGH 145 AGAIN!!!!!!!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    SW 7/1: 196.6
    7/08: 193.6
    7/15:
    7/22:
    7/29:
    7/31:

Finally a loss! It was a little less 2 days ago, but that's ok :) A loss is a loss...keep 'um comin'!
  • moyafigura
    moyafigura Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Im a week late but would love to join, i did the May challenge and it kept me going, then i was away for a month so skipped the June, now i am back...July start weight is 145.0
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    OUCH! Did something to my neck and it is painful to move it! Need to take it easy a few days. :sad: :sad: I do have lots of neck pain due to being rear ended in at least 3 different accidents over the years. Sometimes in just acts up! Hope it feels better quickly this time.

So instead of working out today I sat with a heating pad on my neck today.

So amuse me what did you do today to workout?

Terri
  • daniellemegan18
    Options
    I'm a bit late, but I'm here!

Starting Weight: 233.0
    Current Weight: 233.0
    Goal 1: 228.0 July
    Goal 2: 223.0 August
    Goal 3: 218.0 September
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Ok Terri - heres some "amusement for you".

This morning I did Level 3/Day 5 of Jillian's 30 day shred - only 5 more days to go! Me & Bru are still going strong!!! :bigsmile: Then tonight I trained for the Bix 7 mile race I have at the end of the month. I went 7.34 miles total!:bigsmile: Took it easy & finished in 1hr 32min 42sec! Tomorrow I think I'm just going to do the shred in the morning & that's it. I have my first 8K race on Saturday morning then headed to Chicago for the weekend right after that.

I hope your neck is feeling better now as you read this! :flowerforyou:
  • nicnic424
    nicnic424 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in....it's worth a shot!

7/01/11 - 214
  • mazziemom
    mazziemom Posts: 21
    Options
    I am in. I have never done one of these challenges can you please let me know how they work? BTW 171 is my starting weight.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I'd love it if I could lose a pound a week, but I tend to do this yo-yo thing where i lose and gain the same pound or two for weeks or must don't move at all for weeks at a time. I think I'm losing inches (I haven't been measuring religiously, but people who haven't seen me for weeks say that I'm looking thinner, bless their hearts lol) but the pounds just don't want to cooperate. I'll try though, I'm determined to keep the workouts at 5x a week unless I'm sick or something unavoidable comes up. Maybe I'll look smaller and still be the same weight! haha.../cry :) But I'll give it the old college try!

I identify with this as to the scale. I also know I am slimming since I am fitting in clothes I haven't worn in years. I definitely measure. I am hoping to start losing this month again. I have been exercising about an hour a day and keep under my calorie goal. I recently decided to have a rest day on Wednesday but I did take a small walk with my husband in the evening. I will post any loss tomorrow and think I may have lost some from the beginning of this month but not from my lowest weight that is on MFP. :ohwell: So check in again tomorrow.
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    07/01/2011: 171lbs
    07/08/2011: 169.5lbs
    07/15/2011:
    07/22/2011:
    07/29/2011:
    07/31/2011:
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone on working so hard this week!!!!! Keep it up!!!

July 1st SW: 188.5
    7/08: 185.7
    7/15: ??
    7/22: ???
    7/29: ????
    7/31: ?????

GOOD LUCK LADIES AND GENTS!!!!!
  • stylelush646
    stylelush646 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    July 1st SW: 241.6
    7/08: 240.8
    7/15:
    7/22:
    7/29:
    7/31:

so i lost almost 1lb this week. no too happy since i was busting my butt all week in the gym and maintaining my calorie intake but hey a loss is a loss. got work a little harder to lose more. hope everyone is doing well! :)
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Stepped on the scale Wednesday and was down to 187.8. This morning I'm up 2lbs. Haven't been able to exercise for the past couple of days, because my hip slipped out of joint Wednesday, after I tried doing some marching in place, but 2lbs in two days? My fresh washed jeans are a bit looser this morning, so that's the bright side. Here's hoping for a better week.
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Ok Terri - heres some "amusement for you".

This morning I did Level 3/Day 5 of Jillian's 30 day shred - only 5 more days to go! Me & Bru are still going strong!!! :bigsmile: Then tonight I trained for the Bix 7 mile race I have at the end of the month. I went 7.34 miles total!:bigsmile: Took it easy & finished in 1hr 32min 42sec! Tomorrow I think I'm just going to do the shred in the morning & that's it. I have my first 8K race on Saturday morning then headed to Chicago for the weekend right after that.

I hope your neck is feeling better now as you read this! :flowerforyou:

Awesome workout! Way to go!
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Quick check in before the first daycare kid arrives.

Stuck at 181 this week! My biggest problem is me! I erase all my good working out when I eat too many calories. Keep learning and working.

Have a great Friday!

Terri
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

I hope everyone had a great long weekend and didn't have *too* much trouble getting back into their routines this past week ;)

I'm happy to announce that I reached my first goal of 10 lbs lost this week! What an incredible motivator! Now that I know what my body responds to, I'm confident that the next 10 will go even faster!

Here is my weigh in for this challenge:
    Starting off on July 1st: 252 lbs
    7/08: 250 lbs!
    7/15:
    7/22:
    7/29:
    7/31:

Here's to another great week for all of our MFP friends!
  • WyoRed
    WyoRed Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This past week I worked out really hard, got a workout in everyday. I was even able to get in 2 workouts. I am very happy with the 1.8 lbs lost. I had used my 6/28 weight as my starting weight because I was out of town the last two days of June and my July weight in was horrible. I been been on a remote ranch for 2 day eating catered food, sitting all day in very warm conditions. This all resulted in excess of 10 lbs gained in 2 day.. Yuck, but luckily it was mostly water and it is all gone. I feel really good about these results, will see what the rest of the month brings.

7/1 140.8 SW
    7/8 139.0 (1.8 lbs lost)

Goal 7/31 - 135
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    7/01- Start Weight: 167
    7/08 - 168.8
    7/15 -
    7/21 -
    7/28 -
    7/31 -

Normally I would be dissapointed with the gain, but on Monday I was up 7 pounds!!!! I am proud of myself for bringing my weight back down by counting calories and working out. I am going to focus on small goals and consistency the next week so I can actually see a loss!

Yesterday I got on the treadmill and did 3 miles of walking and running.

I already see so many losses! Great work everyone! For everyone that gained, don't give up! Keep on pusshing all!

Jessica