• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,650 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Great pic Mary!!!

Joyce –glucosamine?…. It’s supposed to help with joints….

Charleen – I want to live near you and quilt with you guys! What a beautiful quilt.

Heather – you and DH are welcome to come and visit --- I would love to show you around.

Mary – so really look at some maps when planning your CA trip, the drive from Sac to the coast is about 2 hours, but up and down the coast on highway 1 or 101 is a slower trip than the mileage might make you think as the road is hilly and very curvy, Highway 1 is right on the coast with great drop offs on one side. I would love to see you as well, I am located in Dublin, which is about 1 ½ hours south of Sacramento.

I finally caught up on the reading!

August Goals:
    2 fun things a week, visiting with college prof, walking tour of tea gardens, birthday hike, learning to set and catch a gopher, planning camping trip, dinner at a new Chinese restaurant, trying coffee beer. 4 fab! Days of camping

Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday
    Work on water consumption -

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :)Joyce, you asked about cardiac rehab....Jake went to a hospital cardiac rehab program after he got his first stents at age 60. The program was about helping the participants find an exercise program that was safe for them with their cardiac and other limitations, also a lot of teaching about heart healthy eating and stress reduction. He learned a lot and liked the program. Without it, he would probably have been afraid to exercise at all.

:)Purl, I know nothing about Shakeology except that some people swear by it, but I've lost weight and kept it off for years using Isagenix shakes and the program that goes with it. Isagenix shakes have 24 grams of protein, 24 grams of carbohydrates including 8 grams of fiber along with a lot of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. A good meal replacement shake will keep you satisfies and nourished. If you follow the program exactly as written, you'll lose weight. Why not give Shakeology a good trial and see if it will work for you.

:) For decades we loved to travel and were on the road a lot and then one day we decided together to sell the RV and travel in a car and stay in hotels and gradually we have traveled less and less. I love my routine at home and hate to leave even for a day trip to Seattle.

81824br5uyrfrsr.gifBarbie from beautiful overcast NW Washington t116002.gif

My word for 2016 is "alacrity"....I will greet all experiences in my life with cheerful readiness

The secret of contentment is knowing how to enjoy what you have, and to be able to lose all desire for things beyond your reach."-- Yutang Lin
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Margaret- have fun at the fair! I wish I was able to go this year but we had to which company scheduled! So eat something on a stick for me!

Beth- thanks for the link to that article. I have heard that I had different articles that I have been reading. The truth is anything processed might have hidden calories. Always best to make home-cooked meals. That way you know what you put into it.

Kim - it would be fun to see you as well! We are still trying to communicate with DH's, DD's to find out when they can get together with us. I will know more closer to the middle of October. We leave on the 13th. And will be turned in on the 22nd.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    B)
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,666 Member
    Options
    stat for the day:
    other- various machines- 40min, 2sets 15, 40-70#'s, 8#ball toss = 179c
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,081 Member
    Options
    Mary my weakness is the ice cream sundaes at the dairy building! Yum! I tried the Italian taco which was a new food this year. I thought it was good and priced not too bad at $5.00. Food is much more expensive now at the Fair. That does help to keep me from over doing! One of my stops is a candy shop in the Grandstand. They have chocolate turtles to live for. I only bought one.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Margaret- I love the fudge at that candy shop! It sounds like you enjoyed yourself!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • ilikegardens
    ilikegardens Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I've only caught up on a few posts from the weekens. Will do more later...

DH and I had a wonderful weekend. The resort is in a beautiful area of Virginia. And it's a gorgeous old hotel. It was built at the beginning of the 20th century, and it's huge. It's actually spectacular. Lots of great details, and I would bore you all! Also frightfully expensive. I told DH that we needed to learn how to do luxury cheaply. There are a couple of old pool buildings--decrepit octagonal wooden structures with peeling white paint. The men's pool was built in 1766, the women's pool in 1830. The water comes into the pools at around 97 degrees, and it really moves--while the water bubbles up softly from the rocky floor, it leaves the pool house in a constantly gushing stream. Lots and lots of minerals; that and the flow mean the water doesn't need chlorine. Floating was so easy. I loved it, DH was a bit bored.

Rori, Re, Sue in WA, and Karen in VA, thanks for the birthday wishes!

Mary and Carol, hope your anniversaries were lovely!

Mary, I know everyone has already told you, but you look wonderful!

KarenE

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Margareturk, was the sundae made with real fresh milk????

Thanks for the responses about the cardiac rehab. I think it is something that would help me. The picture on the website has a lot of people on exercise bikes. It also talks about the classes. Now to decide whether or not to fork out $135/week for it.

KarenEI love the description of the hotel. We have one similar to that, West Baden Springs. It has a very long history part of it being used by the military, a TB hotel, resort for the rich and famous. Has a huge octaganol arbaretum. It is real close to another historical resort called French Lick. It has a springs, old, old hotel and golf course that has been used for the Senior open and some Web.com events.

The only shake I love includes a lot of ice cream, milk and lots of chocolate.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Went to 6 yr old grandson's baseball game today. It was so hot sweat was rolling down everywhere. At the end he exclaimed, "I'm exhausted!" Needless to say, so was I and I didn't even play. LOL
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,081 Member
    Options
    Joyce I think so it is a custard and they do not skimp on the butterfat.

From Horticultural building:

t4rqctqndecu.jpg
    From the creative Arts building:
    usf58bt0s893.jpg
    Me at the Ecology buyilding:
    c0r5if14vqf4.jpg
    DS went with us too

• ilikegardens
    ilikegardens Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Okay, finished cooking and dinner.

Heather, I made Barba coach beef using the skinnytaste.com recipe. Yummm...

Charleen, The quilt is beautiful. And what a gift for your friend to finish it for her.

One of the things I liked about the hotel was that it was so large that just going to breakfast took 600 steps! I got a lot of steps in.

Didn't do well with my eating :# ...Not too surprising. It's funny, when we went to British Columbia this summer it was much easier to eat reasonably.

KarenE
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,875 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies: We are having dinner tonight with fresh green beans from our garden mixed with a few new potatoes and ham and apple crisp made with apples from our tree. I think they are Gravenstein, good for cooking but rather tart for just eating. DD and I worked hard this weekend and got the paddock and our sacrifice area for the horses all cleaned up and a drain dug. Hopefully there will be less mud. We were not prepared at all last year.

Karen in VA - Those POAs can be such characters.

Kim - Your camping trip sounds wonderful. Were you at MacKerricher State Park? We camped there a long time ago and were able to keep my cousin's horses across the highway at a stable there and ride on the beach. Always wanted to do that and it was grand. Loved the area.

Charleen - That clan quilt was amazing, so much detail put into it.

Pip - Tell Kirby good luck backing the twinkie. I always have to go out every spring to practice backing my horse trailer because I forget over the winter and I always look for pull-throughs if at all possible.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :)Pip, the thing I liked least about RVing was the part where we had to back into a space at the RV lot....I never seemed to direct Jake the way he thought I should....I saw a couple with tshirts that said "don't yell at me" on hers and "I'm not yelling" on his....even now almost seven years since we sold our RV, I get a panicky feeling when I see someone backing a trailer or motorhome into a space or driveway. I'm sure that you and Kirby will never have troubles like that.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Margaret- great picture! You look fantastic! It is so nice to see your smiling face again!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of a Body Fit yoga DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do one segment of 10MS Tone Trouble zones DVD, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

Had Vince grill pork chops for later in the week. I thought we needed chicken so I ran to the store to buy some only to realize that friends of ours are taking us to a ballgame because we're letting them stay at the condo. Really, it's just sitting there empty anyway. I'm just glad someone can use it, even if it's only for overnight. I just didn't tell Vince that I really didn't need the chicken, I just put it in the freezer.

Had the social. It seems that people had a good time. I wish more people had been here, tho. For all the work that goes into it. Well, I guess I spent most of the time making sure we had enough ice, etc., trying to mingle with the guests, I actually did get to eat some. the first guest came at 4:00. We weren't anywhere near ready! Plus, with mother nature we weren't sure if we were going to be in the house or in the pool. As it turned out, the weather was cloudy but it didn't rain. and it wasn't super hot either. the guy who came to write the article about Newcomers was nice. I'm glad my daughter and her bf were here since that guy is in his late 20's and Jess is in her early 30's. At least he had someone in his generation to talk to!!!! Guess he was here until around 10:30. I did invite him back for the Halloween social, don't know if he'll come or not. I doubt it, but I thought it nice to extend the invitation anyway.

Tomorrow I'll definitely get back on the wagon eating decently.

Margaret - have fun at the fair!!!

DJ - yes, I had to put a fair amount of icing on the top. That's so that I was able to make the "waves". I make the icing myself, and it really isn't all that sweet. My father was -- whatever it's called -- the grand moose. I just remembered that he was at one time. Whatever the highest guy is called.

Boy, does it ever feel good to get back to healthy eating

One lady brought this smoked pulled pork to the social. I only had a little but there must have been a lot of sodium in it because I can feel my ankles are swollen. They were swollen yesterday, but part of me thinks that may have been because I was on my feet most of the day. Looks like compression stockings are in order for me tonight. That usually helps

My heart is breaking for Jess. I was going to donate this candy, and she wanted to take it home with her. She also took the cheetos. Well, really, there weren't a lot of them left. But for breakfast she'd have spaghetti-o's with cheetos in it. then to be taking home all the candy. Well, there's not much I can say..she's an adult

Did yoga today and boy, am I inflexible.

Denise is planning a 30th birthday party for her bf. $1,200! She's cutting back on the wedding yet willing to spend this money. She wants us to come up for the party so that we can meet his grandmother. Really, I'm not real keen on going up there, but it's important to her. There isn't any place for us to stay and hotels are so expensive up there.

sue in WA - Vince says to me "don't ever go for a CDL license". I am horrible about backing up big rigs of any kind

Michele in NC
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    hugs
    jane