WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2016

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,582 Member
    Options
    I am better at backing up than Kirby , we don't yell at each other, thankfully. We ought a backup camera even, so far hasn't made it easier :0/
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Joyce I think so it is a custard and they do not skimp on the butterfat.

From Horticultural building:

t4rqctqndecu.jpg
    From the creative Arts building:
    usf58bt0s893.jpg
    Me at the Ecology buyilding:
    c0r5if14vqf4.jpg
    DS went with us too

Love the fair!!!! Missing this year, too much temptation!! Beautiful weather, usually very hot. Time for coffee, let me know. Gayle Minneapolis
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Sue – yes we camped at MacKerricher State Park – they had quite a few horse trails, but I did not see any horses; it was weird to have it in my mind still be summer, but because most schools have started it was quiet.

Michelle – have you looked into Airbnb in the area Denise lives in? I have stayed in them twice, both excellent experiences… and way less $$ both times the average hotels were $150 per night double occupancy, no breakfast, and the Airbnb was $55 one time for 2 and $75 for 2 the other time, including breakfast.

Margaret – great pictures!

August Goals:
    2 fun things a week, visiting with college prof, walking tour of tea gardens, birthday hike, learning to set and catch a gopher, planning camping trip, dinner at a new Chinese restaurant, trying coffee beer. 4 fab! Days of camping

Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday
    Work on water consumption -

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • Purl62
    Purl62 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Barbiecat, I need to get those shirts for my husband and me. We just have a little trailer (16 feet) but it is so stressful if we don't get a pull thru site. Practicing in a parking lot is a good idea. I won't even try though, so I can't complain!

I signed up for a month of the shakeology. I have a friend who is an isogenix rep, but I didn't see a dairy-free option when I checked a few months ago. If the shakeology doesn't do it for me I will ask her. I'm actually pretty happy with the Orgain mix I get at Costco, so could always go back to that. This promotion comes with all the fitness DVDs and access to on-demand workouts that look fun. I doubt I'll keep that part beyond the trial period (on demand) since the gym is so close and convenient.

Well, dh and I got busy around the house and then when we were going to go for a bike ride it started to rain. I know....we live in the Seattle area...we aren't supposed to let a little rain stop us but when he suggested calling it off I didn't argue. I'm still tired- time difference only 3 hours, but I was up this morning at 4:30.

Purl/WA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    Gayle agree. What happened to the summer?
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Betty, how beautiful.

Summer is still here in full force in southern Indiana. We have been heat index in the triple digit all week. I am ready for fall.

Joyce, Indiana
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Gayle agree. What happened to the summer?

The older we get the faster life goes! Gayle
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Ladies,

Today was my rest day! It was really welcomed so busy all week and weekend that I enjoyed just vegging today! I maybe did a little bit more than vegging. But I am grateful for a nice break'
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Joyce: Thanks for the responses about the cardiac rehab. I think it offers something that would help a person. $135 a week seems very expensive to me unless your insurance covers it. The picture on the website has a lot of people on exercise bikes. It also talks about classes. Deciding whether or not to fork out $135/week for it is a challenge. $135 per week is an awfully expensive gym membership. Will your health insurance pick up any of it? There are lots of cheaper gym memberships that give access to exercise bikes and other equipment. Can you get one or two weeks at cardio rehab and have them teach you what to do so you can go to a gym with ok equipment and reasonable prices? :huh:

Margaret: The flowers are lovely but the tatting is amazing. Are you the gorgeous blonde in the phone booth? Wow! :bigsmile:

We still have summer weather, but this week has been just enough cooler to be perfect. Today's high was 83, which is heavenly. We often have lovely weather during September that can extend part way through October.

DH has decided to stop taking one of his medications, baclofen. The doctor told him he needs it, but DH wants to try going without. I am thrilled because this is the first time he's stepped up to take charge of his own treatment. If he decides to resume taking it I will support that, too. Stepping up to take charge of my body has been something that started when I found MFP and has continued to other health issues beyond just weight. It has been empowering for me. I want him to feel empowered, too.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,732 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    Up before the birds here.. both of us were tuckered last night so we went to sleep at 6:30 -Tom woke up at 2 I woke up at 4:10... Having my tea.. Us girls at work are going to lunch and a play thursday for Zina's 50th birthday which was in June ,but with us 6 girls we lost 5 family members since then.. so it has calmed down and we can plan... we are seeing Bye Bye Birdie at Goodspeed opera house..
    Dont have Taliah today and will have her tomorrow ,but will go up to my dads house on weds morning to get her off to school. on the days that Tracy has to go in early she will come here and I will take her to school
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Mornin'! :( spent a quiet but chatty yesterday on the phone with family and friends gabbing away! Felt good but need to turn my attention to organizing my work for the week. Starting with my heading to the gym!

I had to chuckle about the idea of team work to park a big RV :s I can only imagine how we would get into trouble with that. When stressed DH can't give a good instruction to save his life--he expects me to read his mind and easily frustrates. Would love those t-shirts!
    NYKAREN
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Joyce, I have seen photos! WOW! I am such an architecture nut I would LOVE to go there just to look at the architecture! Aren't you lucky to live near the resorts!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,582 Member
    Options
    morning peeps
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    Katla thanks for the compliment!
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Frosty morning!!! -.2 Celsius :* covered some things last night, tomatoes, cucumbers and some flower pots!! It is was too early to be freezing at night...I am not ready for fall.....WHAH!!!

Lillian in frosty West Central Saskatchewan
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Joyce, _ I also had a peek at the hotels you mentioned. Gorgeous! ! ! I do like a nice hotel. I'd rather have one night in a great hotel than 7 in a mediocre one. More than anything I like good service. :D Our cruise was like that - nothing was too much trouble. Of course it all costs loads of dosh. :'(
    DH and I are talking about out anniversary in November. It will be our 12th, which I can hardly believe. :o We still feel like newly weds. :laugh: I mentioned a quick hop to Paris to him and he didn't blench, so I guess I will have to do some research. :D I really need my French fix. We could go elsewhere, but our local airport, which I much prefer, stops flying to most places in October. Paris is all year. I will look at the timetables.
    We Skyped the grandchildren this lunchtime. Chaos as usual, but it was lovely to see them. The family have joined the tennis club which is behind their garden. We will go down a day early in a fortnight's time so that DS and DDIL can get a match in that evening. :) DS has also bought a trailer for his bike so Bea can ride in it when the whole family go out for a ride along the beach front. B)

I have arranged with my friend who has cancer to go to her place in London for lunch tomorrow. I will pick up some nice fruit (cherries?) at the train station on the way. She changed her mind about going to the art gallery as the treatment is making her tired. I'm just glad she hasn't cancelled again. It's going to be 83° F in London tomorrow. Yuk! The underground will be steamy. :#

Having Thai King Prawn Curry tonight. I've prepped it all and it's ready for the prawns to go in at the last minute. If I don't get my food prep done early afternoon it doesn't get done and I get lazy. I'm having mine with roasted cauliflower. I will put some rice on for DH.

Lots of love, Heather UK
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I just talked to my grandson on the phone. Yay!!! He's turning 2 tomorrow and his presents from me have arrived on time. Luckily, I also got to talk to my daughter when he wandered away from the phone. This is a wonderful way to start the day. :heart: