Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Each day is getting a little easier. Cathy's college advisor told her that it was very important for her to keep some time for herself. We have worked out a schedule so we can continue to walk together. I'm seeing a downward trend on the scale, too. Thursday will be my official weigh in day.
    Anya and I had a good day. Nicole gave her a cute little bob, but now she tells me I can't brush her hair because mama cut it.
    Have a great week.
    Onward and downward. Kaye

;
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    #kaye-- that's great that you and Cathy can still have some walking time. :smile:

@tracy-- Yay for the new part-time shift!

@liz-- that's nice that you got to get away for the weekend.

@niki-- Glad the challenge is working for you. Mine just finished yesterday. It was fun and I got to meet some new people, but I don't think it really helped me work out more or eat better. A lot of the challenges actually took up time I would have rather spent working out at a higher intensity, but I did get exposed to a couple of strength videos that I really like, so I'm counting it as a win overall. :smile:

@cj-- That's nice that your niece has settled in.

@meshell-- welcome!

Monday Check-in:
    Scale has stayed the same, but I'm happy with that. I was sure I would see a bounce upward with my increased calorie allowance, so I'm going to take it as a good sign that there is no immediate change. Food was good again today, but now liz has me thinking about my fat intake. All my other macros were pretty good, but fat was way over. Something to keep an eye on in the future...

I would have liked to have gotten more grading done, but it is what it is. I will buckle down tomorrow.

Grading Goals:
    1. 82/82 writing screeners DONE
    2. 1/40 AP quizzes
    3. re-read Fahrenheit 451 DONE

Fitness Goals for the month of August:
    Run 1 mile at my fastest pace 1x/week: Week 1 = 10:32; Week 2 = 10:14, Week 3 = 11:35 (yikes!)
    Run 2 miles in 23 minutes 1x/week: Week 1 = 25:33 & 24:46; Week 2 = 22:37; Week 3 = 25:54 & 26:14
    Run a 5 k in <36 minutes by month's end Week 3 = 38:14

You vs Year Challenge:
    256 k done/ 744 k to go :smile: PAST the 25% mark!!

Exercise Goals:
    Sun-- walk gunner DONE + run outside DONE
    Mon-- walk gunner DONE
    Tues-- walk gunner + gym or run outside
    Wed-- walk gunner
    Thurs-- walk gunner + gym or run outside
    Fri-- rest day
    Sat-- walk gunner + gym or run outside
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,889 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about upgradeing to MFP Premium. Does anyone else have it? Is it worth it?
    <3 Rach
    312/306/150
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    GOINSTD12 wrote: »
    Started my new part-time shift today, it was SOOO nice to get everything done and know that I could do what was needed and still leave on time.

There's something about a new schedule, perhaps the newness of it or perhaps the time pressure, that really always put the organization and power into my working days. Glad you're happy with the new arrangement.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    I am thinking about upgradeing to MFP Premium. Does anyone else have it? Is it worth it?
    <3 Rach
    312/306/150
    I have it with my new MFP user name Nikion901, it's about to expire and i think I'll go ahead and renew it cause I do like the little tweeks that I can use. For those who use a smartfone it has even more features than I get out of it on a desktop computer.

• Nikion901
    edited August 2016
    Options

@skinnyjeanzbound ... Karen, I agree that it takes more time when in a challenge. Of the two I'm in, one is easy and doesn't take much time because it's really more a weigh-in type, the other has lots of challenges every week and each one is a separate thread within the group that you need to check and post on frequently plus a Google Spreadsheet that you need to update as well. That takes a lot of time.

About the fat, I have noticed that the more protein I put into my diet the higher the fat, even when I use skinless chicken breast and turkey breast for my main protein ... then when I add in an egg or two, and some dairy and the 1tbsp olive oil that usually gets into daily food, my fat ratio is always above 35%. I think the more important thing, with fat, is to concentrate on what kind of fat you are getting.
  • grandmakaye44
    Options
    Does premium get rid of all the ads? I really hate all the ads and they slow up my computer.
  • pinkstarberry
    pinkstarberry Posts: 79 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @grandmakaye44 I use ad blocker on my computer and it removes the ads from MFP... maybe you could try that! I still see the ads on my phone though

@GOINSTD12 So glad your new shift is going well! It's very kind of you to take care of your husband :) He is beyond lucky to have you!

I hope everyone is having a great week so far! Hard to believe it's the end of August already.

Tuesday goals: Still trying to incorporate more protein into my diet, since it keeps me feeling full a lot longer than anything else. Some days are better than others but I want the great protein days to vastly outnumber the low ones!

Also it's still a struggle going to the gym because I feel so nervous and self-conscious, even though no one is really looking at me or judging me. It's more of a personal discomfort because I don't like the way I look and feel right now :( I know that going will help me become stronger and feel healthier so I'm gonna make an extra hard push to go more in Sept!

I'm just 8 lbs away from my next mini goal, which will take me out of the obesity class 2 category... I can't wait! It keeps me feeling very motivated and I'm hoping to meet that goal by the end of Sept.
  • dreawest
    dreawest Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I'm still on holiday so I haven't been responding (I hate typing long messages on my phone) but I have been reading and enjoying all the posts. The trip has been great so far, nice and relaxing and the kids love being with their grandparents. Food is a bit hard. It's yummy and all healthy from scratch but often carb heavy and it's hard not to overindulge. It's also a challenge to log as my mom measures nothing so meals are a guess. Because this is a lifestyle I am trying to relax a bit and enjoy while upping my activity to counter it. My parents are exponentially more active then me so they eat well at a healthy weight.
    I will be back at work on Tuesday (where I weigh ) so my goal for this Tuesday is to not have a gain for next Tuesday. Fingers crossed
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Have had to curtail exercise because of bursitis in hips. Need to walk in pool but can't get motivated. Looking forward to the weekend. Will go kayaking. Have company coming in. Will try to be more consistent in posting
    Katrena
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Does premium get rid of all the ads? I really hate all the ads and they slow up my computer.

Yes, no ads with premium.
  • pinkstarberry
    pinkstarberry Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Would it be OK to post some progress pictures in this thread? This is the only place I post on MFP and I'm embarrassed to post in the success stories forum since I'm not done losing yet :blush:
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Would it be OK to post some progress pictures in this thread? This is the only place I post on MFP and I'm embarrassed to post in the success stories forum since I'm not done losing yet :blush:

Sure .. we'd love to see them.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Tuesday Goals ....
    While I was digesting my dinner I started playing around with my records here on MFP. And I realized that, even with 2 setbacks over the past 14 weeks I am ahead of my plan and can move my target date back by 3 weeks!.

On May 23rd I weighed in at 262 and this morning I weighed in at 244 ... and my target for this mini goal is 26 pounds ... I am working on trimming 1 pound per week through a combination of trimmed intake and extra burns from my normal routine.

I'm not bragging or patting myself on the back .... you know .... I'm just feeling pumped and 'up' at realizing that I am heading in the right direction and am 'on track'.

So, my goals have been reinforced today with that realization. Now to stick with it for the remaining weeks of my personal challenge!
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,889 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 that is Excellent! Bravo for you! How'd you do it?
    How much of that sucess would you contribute to using MFP Premium vs free MFP? I am still trying to decide if I should upgrade. $50 is a lot for me and I dont mind the ads. I am curious about the benefits associated with use on a smartphone as I dont normally use a desktop anymore unless I have to e.g. posting pics to my group.
    <3 Rach
  • Nikion901
    Options
    @Nikion901 that is Excellent! Bravo for you! How'd you do it?
    How much of that sucess would you contribute to using MFP Premium vs free MFP? I am still trying to decide if I should upgrade. $50 is a lot for me and I dont mind the ads. I am curious about the benefits associated with use on a smartphone as I dont normally use a desktop anymore unless I have to e.g. posting pics to my group.
    <3 Rach

Rach, I don't know if using the Premium version had very much to do with it except it made using MFP easier on me ... for one thing, I can add in exercise and NOT have it add to my daily calorie allotment. I prefer to keep that separate from how MFP handles it.

Actually, When I bought it last year, I was pretty demoralized because I'd been in a plataue for the entire year and was starting to gain weight again and I felt pretty desperate that the yo-yo was in action again. It was really a matter of investing in myself because I thought that if I paid for it I would use it more regularly. ... And that worked because I have not missed a day of logging in and recording my food and exercise.

There is a help sheet on MFP about the difference between the Premium and free version ...
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/premium?f=premium-nav-menu

Good luck in whatever decision you make about it. Just know that no matter what Accountability Tool for weight loss we utilize, it is us doing the work to make the weight come off, and no accounting tool will do it if we continue to eat food that is either too much for us or that makes our bodies release hormones that cause us to be, technically, ill because we are are insulin resistant, or psychologically depended on food to help us feel good. (that was me at one time, I'm still a diabetic because of the insulin resistance, but I no longer use food to soothe myself.)

Niki
  • grandmakaye44
    Options
    Good evening. I was quite a bit under on my calories yesterday, consequently felt pretty hungry today. I had to have a tooth added to my partial so it is at the dentist's for a couple of days. I will be on soft food for that time as I don't have many chewing and grinding teeth without it. I have cotton mouth due to meds and CPAP. That causes accelerated tooth decay. So far I have my bottom teeth, but the top is looking pretty bad. Because of other appointments, I won't get to walk today. Tomorrow that should be back on schedule. I'm hating the idea of having my annual physical on Thurs. My weight is going to be up significantly, but at least I know that I am doing something about it again.
    @Niki Great weight loss. That is impressive. I'm trying to look at this as losing 50#, which is only half of what I started out with several years ago. I think that if I lost 95# before, I can lose 50# now. I'm thinking that I will have no trouble making it back to onederland by mid-October.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • grandmakaye44
    Options
    @Niki thanks for the link. Except for the ad free, I don't see any features that I would use much. I'm still just pretty much calories in/calories out. I don't worry about all the other stuff. I may need to change later, but for now, that seems to be working for me. Kaye
  • Nikion901
    Options
    @Kaye ... I also get cotton mouth due to the CPAP, even though my machine has a humidifier on it, and even when I use the nasal buds instead of the full face mask. My dentist recommended I use a gell for dry mouth, and a mouthwash for it as well ... It's called Btiotene. It does help keep the plaque down on my enamals!
    Niki
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @KatrenaJ - I purchased a membership at my Physical Therapy, they offer 1/2 price for 6 months after released from therapy. They charge an extra $10/mo ($5 for 1st 6 months) for pool access, which has 2 wet/dry treadmills in the pool. I really like it, the treadmill doesn't have incline but the water offers good resistance and the speed goes all the way up to 4.4/mph - I don't know if I'll ever get that fast, ever try walking fast in water? It's a great workout.
    I'm feeling much happier with my new schedule, even though I'm working later into the night I have more time to take care of DH. I'll be applying for the HHC worker position probably tomorrow, so I can get paid for what I'm already doing (they only pay $8.25/8.50 per hour so definitely not making up for the lost time at work, but better than nothing). I've asked VA to authorize more hours per week but they probably won't authorize more than 14 (2/day) if at all. Right now they only allow 8/week. Hospice care is not an option as it doesn't offer the assistance I really need, and DH isn't really "there" yet anyway. Don't want to rush him into the grave, which is what the TX version of hospice care seems to be all about. Well, that might be a bit harsh, because the staff at the company that provides skilled nursing care to us is really great, but it's not what we need. Yet.
    Food is so-so, exercise has increased since I've been working out at PT, but still no movement in the scale. I guess I should be glad it's staying steady instead of going up, but I really wish it would start going down again.
    Tracy
    TX