Ladies - weight and pants size?

Options

Replies

• newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    5'3", 144. Size 4 curvy due to thick thighs. I have one pair of baggy size 4s, vanity sizing I believe.
  • awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    5'3" tall, weight is 174 lbs (ugh, not a pretty number). I wear medium/small tops depending on brand and usually wear size 12/14 in jeans/skinny jeans. All depends on where they are from. All in US sizes.
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5. Right now, in between 149 lbs and 150 lbs. In between sizes 8/10 currently but I think I could be smaller.
  • luv2shimmy
    luv2shimmy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have to say that it's been really interesting hearing the range of sizes even with women of similar weights and heights. It really illustrates that clothing sizes (especially women's clothing sizes) are mostly just arbitrary numbers that some of us use to judge ourselves and others.
  • Pattycake755
    Pattycake755 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    szkodzt wrote: »

So you are in a size 18 at about 233lbs? If this is true, then do you see my point about it being according to where you gain or lose weight? You lost 25lbs to get into some 18's; and I lost 65lbs to get from an 24/26 to a size 18. I think it is hard to measure how many sizes one might drop per 25lbs weight loss. Thoughts?

Yes - just getting into 18s at 233. I agree that body type is also a factor. I am a pear shape so typically my thighs are my largest worry, however, my waist is the largest it has ever been due to my high weight. As I continue to lose I assume that I will get back to my pear shape and then fit will go back to what I am used to.

I also agree with the poster who mentioned that there is a lot of room between the higher sizes. It is just hard to be between - everything is either too tight or too loose!

I found your reply insightful again. I am not pear shaped, but I too had the waist problem when I was smaller. I can wear some of my daughter's size 15 pants, with a little overhang in the waist. I am bustier than I used to be; I gained weight in the chest and midsection after two babies. If I can wear some 14/15 pants now at 215lbs, I think that I will wear a smaller size at 155lbs than I did before. I remember wearing 14's and 15's universally when I was at least 40lbs lighter than I am right now.

Interesting topic, but I will see where I land because I am going to lose the weight, and I might go 10lbs lighter than my doctor suggested. Maybe 145lbs?
  • mulberry_xoxo
    mulberry_xoxo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    5'3, 160, size 12-14. Depending on brand.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I hate to shop for pants. Currently in sizes 8 AND 10 AND 12, depending on the manufacturer or the style or sometimes even the color! 5'6", 139 lbs.
  • MzKrystle
    MzKrystle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and weigh between 135-140..... Usually hang out at 138. When I'm 135 I can squeeze into a 6.....but 8 is generally what I wear
  • 8414andie
    8414andie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm around 5'2", my pants size went from a 7-8 to a 2-4. I weigh around 113 lbs. I used to be around 125 lbs.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and somewhere in the 190's (fluctuating this week), and I know I wear a misses 12 in jeans/shorts at JCPenney, Charlotte Russe, and Gap. I can squeeze into 10's but no. I also have a pair of size 14 shorts from Beall's. All stuff tried on/bought recently. I started in women's size 32, and it took losing the first 50 pounds to get into a larger than average Torrid women's 26 comfortably.
  • MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'1/5'2 currently weigh 181lbs and wear a 7 or 9US depending on brand.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    5'9", 169 lbs

I measure 38 - 29.5 - 38.5

I wear mostly US size 10 pants, but they're lose now (I bought them at 185). My newest ones are size 8.

My top is generally a 10.
  • fleur23xx
    fleur23xx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    5'0 105lbs and wear 0-2 depending on brand, although I feel more comfortable in some size 2 shorts with all the squats I've been doing. Love my squats and love your username @MsSquatAlot
  • tiny_clanger
    tiny_clanger Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm in marathon training (up to half marathon distance) and am now cycle commuting about 100K a week. I'm 178cm tall and weigh around 73KG

I've not noticed a lot of weight loss (down 2KG in 4 months), but I've gone from a UK Size 14 (US 12) to a UK 8-10 (US 6-8) in the space of 6 weeks. I'm definitely noticing my body changing shape as I'm getting more active
  • AlabamaMama224
    AlabamaMama224 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and I weigh right around 199, I can fit into size 14, 16, and 18 pants. Totally depends on brand/style.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 165. Can fit into a 10 typically. Occasionally an 8 depending on the maker. Womens sizes vary so ridiculously much that I just try everything on.
  • hoppymommy
    hoppymommy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    CW 208 Height 5'3 Jean Size 18. Some of my pants fit me loose (usually on my butt) but others still fit too tight its weird. I feel like I'm still waiting on that big moment I get to buy and fit into a smaller size.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 137. My work pants are 4's, 6's, & 8's. jeans are all 4's. When trying on pants I'll take a few sizes just be to safe. Brands/styles differ :/
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    5'5 and 125. I wear Suki Silver and Silver brand only does jeans by waist and leg. I wear a 28 x 34 (I like my jeans long). I could wear a 27 but I allow for shrinkage when I dry them.
    Old Navy is all over the place. Jean shorts I have and 8 that are very loose. Size 2 and size 6. I wear them all. I stopped wearing Old Navy when I was having a problem with the legs being tighter and the waist gapping and the butt sagging after a couple hours of wear.
  • brooke88z
    brooke88z Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    5'9" 175 lb. I wear a comfortable size 14 US. My brands are usually Levi's and Ralph Lauren. When I was a teenager (same height) I had gotten down to low 160s and was wearing a size 12.