Like Minded Lushes July 2011

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Thursday=0 drinks.
    I didn't really think about it, except for happy hour/dog walking but I planned to work out later so I decided against drinking then, and after working out I didn't think about it.
    Not sure what I'm doing tonight but I think it will involve a drink in my hand...
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Well after my "too many drinks, too much food" 6day 4th of July celebration, I still managed to have wine wednesday and thursday. I think I will stick to wine again tonight, stay away from the beer....maybe a mixed drink. I'll have to see how I'm feeling when I get out of work today, I do have 500something calories leftover, even with 16oz of wine.

I haven't weighed myself since I got back from the shore but I can tell I'm up atleast 1-2lbs if not more. I started 30day shred wednesday, I wish I had enough nerve to weight myself before I started but I didn't want to get discouraged. So day 3 of the shred today and maybe I'll weigh myself tomorrow.

I'm going to be pretty well behaved this weekend, the only plans we have are to go visit some friends/family with new babies. We will probably head out to my favorite beer place saturday ( I mean its on our way home :tongue: ), and we usually split an app and a salad. Their food is pretty natural and unfried so I shouldn't go over the deep end.
    Sunday, I have already vowed to cook....which is something I NEVER do on sundays, but I have to behave and not splurge this weekend.

Happy Friday Everyone, Enjoy!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

I had 2 yesterday...I finally finished the red bull/vodka I was nursing all day and then I had a shot around midnight.

Just wanted to let you know that I've got hubs lovin' the red bull and vodka from your posts...unfortunately, he ordered it at BWW and his two tall vodka/red bull were $25.00. I almost fell off the stool.
  • nisijam5
    Options

Well after my "too many drinks, too much food" 6day 4th of July celebration, I still managed to have wine wednesday and thursday. I think I will stick to wine again tonight, stay away from the beer....maybe a mixed drink. I'll have to see how I'm feeling when I get out of work today, I do have 500something calories leftover, even with 16oz of wine.

Kate, I agree with staying away from beer. I drank 3 large beers last night at Champps and woke up in the middle of the night feeling so full and uncomfortable. I really haven't had beer in a long time and not sure i miss the bloated gross feeling. I'm definitely sticking with wine and skinny margs. Lesson learned...
  • kblue2007
    Options

Kate, I agree with staying away from beer. I drank 3 large beers last night at Champps and woke up in the middle of the night feeling so full and uncomfortable. I really haven't had beer in a long time and not sure i miss the bloated gross feeling. I'm definitely sticking with wine and skinny margs. Lesson learned...

Oh Kim how I LOVE a delicious craft beer, but it really does bloat you. I will definitely have a few (too many) tomorrow, but I think as long as I chose 1 day a week to drink several beers, instead of several days I should be ok. That's my new goal....6 out of 7 days beer free, HA think that's my first drinking goal :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    Options

Oh Kim how I LOVE a delicious craft beer, but it really does bloat you. I will definitely have a few (too many) tomorrow, but I think as long as I chose 1 day a week to drink several beers, instead of several days I should be ok. That's my new goal....6 out of 7 days beer free, HA think that's my first drinking goal :laugh:

One day a week is a good goal. I learned to love thick rich beers when we lived in Germany :love: But, I really cut back on them because of all the carbs. I am trying to shed this dumb weight, grrr :grumble:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Kim, great job on the weight loss!! I think I gained the 2 lbs you lost.
    My mom used to say that all the time..we kept the weight in our family. It always seemed like if one person lost a few pounds, there was someone else in the family who had gained those same pounds. As a family we never made any progress.

I had a beer last night along with some pizza. Seeing the scale move up shouldn't have been a surprise. I rarely drink beer....and now I remember why I became a vodka girl.
    *off to exercise*
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Ugh, the bloat of beer when you don't drink water to balance is terrible. I felt terrible yesterday after drinking well over 30 beers over the holiday weekend. We did 2 power hours which is about 5-6 beers in one hour .... So full :noway:

Luckily I love wine, so that's not a big sacrifice for me but I would also like to start coming up with some yummy mixed drinks :smile:
  • kblue2007
    Options

Ugh, the bloat of beer when you don't drink water to balance is terrible. I felt terrible yesterday after drinking well over 30 beers over the holiday weekend. We did 2 power hours which is about 5-6 beers in one hour .... So full :noway:

Luckily I love wine, so that's not a big sacrifice for me but I would also like to start coming up with some yummy mixed drinks :smile:

Thinking I might so some kind of low cal tequila drink tonight??? Not sure what yet, but I got a bottle of tequila at home and its calling my name.....its so hot and muggy here!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Thinking I might so some kind of low cal tequila drink tonight??? Not sure what yet, but I got a bottle of tequila at home and its calling my name.....its so hot and muggy here!

We have tons of hard stuff. We make our own margs with silver tequila, fresh lime juice and agave nectar, they're delicious :smile: I do love raspberry, and raspberry vodka with vitamin water is great and so I may try the vitamin water zero to cut calories but with flavored vodka you need much mixer so a splash of the normal vitamin water isn't going to break the calorie break. I do measure the alcohol though, even my wine, not only keeps cals in check but more control over how buzzed/drunk you get.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    [/quote]

We have tons of hard stuff. We make our own margs with silver tequila, fresh lime juice and agave nectar, they're delicious :smile: I do love raspberry, and raspberry vodka with vitamin water is great and so I may try the vitamin water zero to cut calories but with flavored vodka you need much mixer so a splash of the normal vitamin water isn't going to break the calorie break. I do measure the alcohol though, even my wine, not only keeps cals in check but more control over how buzzed/drunk you get.
    [/quote]

Ha I totally do the same thing...measure my booze/wine.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I saw margarita jello shots when I googled recipes not long ago...those would be refreshing
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I saw margarita jello shots when I googled recipes not long ago...those would be refreshing

Mmm Kim those sound YUMMY!!!! Time to google :happy:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Sorry, Kim! I should have warned you!! :laugh: I never drink those when we go out...unless I know the bartender and he/she will either comp one or charge me for singles. I usually drink vodka/soda when we are at a bar...I pre-party with the red bull at home. :drinker:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Great job Kim!!!

I had 2 yesterday...I finally finished the red bull/vodka I was nursing all day and then I had a shot around midnight.

Camping this weekend, so I have a feeling I'm going to be drunk for most of it. If I can get cell/internet reception, expect some drunky posts. :drinker:
    Be careful with the drunky post/texting... I'm pretty sure that's how I lost my phone. I remember texting someone but can't remember for the life of me where I put the phone after:grumble: :ohwell:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I'll make sure I wear shoes around the fire too!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options

Just wanted to let you know that I've got hubs lovin' the red bull and vodka from your posts...unfortunately, he ordered it at BWW and his two tall vodka/red bull were $25.00. I almost fell off the stool.
    I'm telling ya... You guys need to come to Salem Oregon! My Vodka Redbulls are only $6.50 and our bartenders pour heavy!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    LMAO! At least someone is learning from my mistakes:drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options

:laugh: :laugh:
  • SavageDem
    SavageDem Posts: 3
    Options
    Who out there among thou hast sampled a perfect Long Island Ice (or Iced) Tea? I am always avast for a good one, yet have been sorely disappointed for the most part.

The first sign that it's not going to be good is when it is served in a small glass; in my experience the only good LIIT is served in a LARGE glass or mug, one that holds plenty of ice in addition to the fixins.

I think the closest to LIIT nirvana that I have achieved was at Grandma's Sports Garden in Duluth, Minnesota, USA. During certain happy hours they serve $4 *pitchers* - yes, I said pitchers - of Teas. And these are probably 1 1/2 quart pitchers. On one occasion - after a hockey tournament for one of my children - I had two of these before we headed home. I was NOT driving. I could not drive; or at least, it would have been a disaster waiting to happen. But they were mighty delish!